Deleted

Improvement for Hunter Aoe (all specs)

Hi guys !!!

This is my first post in an official forum.
    I was guessing if there could be an idea to improve Aoe for our class.

Right now the matter is the damage dealt by multishot is not as great as it was in MOP, SV had Improved Serpent Sting, which was great, because it was capable of dealing high sustaine damage in addition to the dot of serpent sting itself, BM had Beast Cleave, which was empowered by Bestial wrath too (like it is now).

Right now only BM is dealing a true AOE massive burst, so i was wondering why not use a mechanical similar to Improved serpent sting for all hunter?

I am not sayng to apply serpent sting to all spec of course, i was wondering if Explosive Trap could be enanched a little bit.

right now explosive trap is a spell with a cooldown, and therefore requires a proprer usage, waiting for the mobs to be properly pulled and packed together for its use.

Now what about give a small active buff it?

Explosive trap: In addition to damage dealt istantly and over time, every multi-shot deals an additional % of fire dmage equal to explosive trap itself or a % of multi-shot while the debuff is active.

Why this change? At the moment the base Aoe mechanics are the same, multi-shot triggers the AOE, and this change could bring advantages to every spec in different ways:

BM: already has the highest burst and pure damage, most of the damage would come from the pet and not by the new damage ( mastery not affecting the damage ) so it could be a marginal upgrade and like a small cd.

MM: with Bombardament they could higly improve the AOE burst damage ( if the new damage dealt was a % of multi-shot ) , due to reduced cost of multi-shot, while explosive trap debuff is applied, affected by mastery ( Sniperr training )

SV: at the moment SV is low on mass AOE ( not like it was once ). This way SV could return as continuous good AOE, with the help of mastery and with very high uptime of explosive trap, giving an overall upgrade to it, and forcing the best use of traps, as a hunter should do.

I am not putting any number on it, was just wondering if it could be a good idea or not !.

I don't dislike the idea. Any extra focus on traps is a good thing imo.

I agree aoe is pretty bland for marks and survival, but I'm not sure making everyone use traps is the right way to go about it. Throwing traps on cd isn't really fun, and it really isn't a signature of any spec except survival.

10+ Year Old Account
    almost no fight atm needs massive aoe - most are just a ton of single target ( with mild cleave ) + lots of target switching.

Only one that comes to mind is if you go up in the stands.

There are practically no massive aoe fights in HM right now other than a few trash pulls and some require mass CC because they hit very hard. I like the trap idea for SV since i like SV considerably more than Marksman since it is so god damn boring but your ideas are top notch and I like them a lot. If only blizz actually took ideas like this into account.

Deleted
    I posted on official forum please quote if you like my ideas, but i can't link the page due to my short numbers of post.....

Quote Originally Posted by Warius View Post
    I posted on official forum please quote if you like my ideas, but i can't link the page due to my short numbers of post.....
    Here's an idea for MM. Make Multishot not suck, boost damage (only for MM, not the others). Change the name of Bombardment and make it a baseline passive, the trigger is sort of unnecessary as it only doesn't affect the first shot (assuming its still not ideal for single target use only) and THEN make a new Bombardment buff that says "for 5 seconds after you multi shot your Steady shot also hits all targets. Focus generation is only triggered once."

That's what I'd do.
    Edit: Bombardment*
    Last edited by HardlyWaken; 2014-12-09 at 04:52 PM.