Quote Originally Posted by Newz View Post
    What is the whine about BMAH about? Or is it the server switching part?
    I see Xariaz here has a 695 BMAH belt
    Chuckles has 695 feet. Animateredux has 695 wrist. Yet there is no rage against them?

It seems that they also used the BMAH, but not to the extent of the Chinese guild? So it's a degree of abuse?
    As I see it, they used the gearing at their disposal like all other guilds. They did the same fight, without abusing any mechanics. They are worthy of their achievement, just like any other guild who does so.
    Exactly, and I bet next tiers you'll see other top guilds do the same thing, exactly like when funnelling was found out about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Educate myself lol.

They are clearly marked as OC on the world progress.

Times change.

One question though, since the servers are linked, if you are in Australia and logged in the city, will you appear beside, say a guild member from Enigma? But still benefit from the Aussie latency?
    they are also clearly marked under US;
    http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us

or do you just choose what you want to see?

10+ Year Old Account
    Educate myself lol.

Our realms are marked with US. US-Barthilas, US-Frostmourne, US-Thauriassan etc in game...wowprogress just decided to change US to OC this expac for some reason (not that I have any problem with it).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aere View Post
    they are also clearly marked under US;
    http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us

or do you just choose what you want to see?
    Care to answer my question?

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    Our realms are marked with US. US-Barthilas, US-Frostmourne, US-Thauriassan etc in game...wowprogress just decided to change US to OC this expac for some reason (not that I have any problem with it).
    Kind of a weird set up now, thought you'd be able to break away from the US now since you were given servers. Gz on beating the scum that is BL

I'm guessing that also means that people in the US can still raid with you? But then wouldn't they get dodgy ping?
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2014-12-18 at 02:24 PM.

Educate myself lol.

Times change.

One question though, since the servers are linked, if you are in Australia and logged in the city, will you appear beside, say a guild member from Enigma? But still benefit from the Aussie latency?
    They've been marked as Oceanic since the beginning. It's only now that Oceanic is actually in a position to compete that people start debating their validity to qualify for the US first status? Seems awfully convenient.

Your question doesn't make any sense.

What does a guild called Enigma have anything to do with this? You might want to actually ask a question that can be answered. Try again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your question doesn't make any sense.

What does a guild called Enigma have anything to do with this? You might want to actually ask a question that can be answered. Try again.
    It says they are on the same server... jesus man, educate yourself.

Kind of a weird set up now, thought you'd be able to break away from the US now since you were given servers. Gz on beating the scum that is BL

I'm guessing that also means that people in the US can still raid with you? But then wouldn't they get dodgy ping?

pretty sure they have a few US raiders raiding with them, its a US first, if someone from another US server ie illidan or tich invites me to a group when im on oceanic you can still do everything with them.

Congratulations on the US 1st/Oce 1st Ascension!
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

Quote Originally Posted by pdtr View Post
    pretty sure they have a few US raiders raiding with them, its a US first, if someone from another US server ie illidan or tich invites me to a group when im on oceanic you can still do everything with them.
    Sounds like a US first to me

wowprogress has nothing to do with Blizzard.

Blizzard is setting up the servers.

Blizzard sees Oceanic as US.

now comes the Oceanic =/= US debate? XD

AND CONGRATZ Ascension for the 7/7!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luofu View Post
    wowprogress has nothing to do with Blizzard.

Blizzard is setting up the servers.

Blizzard sees Oceanic as US.

now comes the Oceanic =/= US debate? XD
    Nah, I agree it's a US first now, I thought they were given their own servers, but it appears they are still connected.

Still weird an Aussie guild been given US 1st, but I like it Anything to piss off americans lol.

It says they are on the same server... jesus man, educate yourself.
    Thats not even relevant. If two guilds are on the same server than they will both have the same latency? Is that what you're actually asking?

There are also numerous other guilds called "Enigma", just btw. You could mean any of those.

Please, at least construct a question that can be easily answered.

"One question though, since the servers are linked, if you are in Australia and logged in the city, will you appear beside, say a guild member from Enigma? But still benefit from the Aussie latency?"

1. "If you are in Australia" - what does this mean, you could be in Australia and connect to any login server.
    2. "logged in the city" - which city? Not all places have cross realmed availability.
    3. "will you appear beside, say a guild member from Enigma?" You're asking a question to someone you don't know what server they're on. It follows the exact same rules as everything else. If you are on the same server, you will see other people on your server. So, surely you wouldn't be asking such a basic question.
    3. But still benefit from the Aussie latency? Once again, you don't know anyone's location either geographically or realm, the physical location of the servers are in Australia. Any person who logged onto that server will connect to Australia.
    Last edited by Aere; 2014-12-18 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Hello fellow chinese friend,

The problem is not the gear (well not so much), but the gearing progress itself.

If a Guild does get a World First because they abused the BMAH, other guilds have to start transfering aswell to stay competitive, thus killing the race for world first.
    I certainly and I suppose I can speak for alot of people in this thread aswell; we will not watch a race were the winners are just 1st Place because they did spend the most money/gold on bmah/server transfers.

yeah. I hope Blizzard takes out the raid gear in BMAH before the next raid.

Why the hell not, you're already watching a race where the winners are 1st place because they run 6 hc lockouts with alts & family.

EDIT: of course I also think Blizzard needs to take out next tier gear out of BMHA, but if they do not, it'll be part of the prep.
    Last edited by CoFran; 2014-12-18 at 02:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by delicioussandwhiches View Post
    Shame that all the ocean guilds are xploiting with the multiple potion per fight trick.
    Ascension is oceanic and isn't even a US guild, Blood Legion will forever be US #1 in my heart <3
    Got any proof, Mr. crying fanboi?

Can't hate Style War for paying to win. You can readily buy gear on the BMAH AND you can server transfer at will if you're willing to pay for it. No rules broken, and no exploting done. Pay to win. Blizzard really, really needs to remove raid gear from the BMAH, though.

Quote Originally Posted by CoFran View Post
    Why the hell not, you're already watching a race where the winners are 1st place because they run 6 hc lockouts with alts & family.

EDIT: of course I also think Blizzard needs to take out next tier gear out of BMHA, but if they do not, it'll be part of the prep.
    There is a slight difference between spending ingame time and real-life money though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Hello fellow chinese friend,

The problem is not the gear (well not so much), but the gearing progress itself.

If a Guild does get a World First because they abused the BMAH, other guilds have to start transfering aswell to stay competitive, thus killing the race for world first.
    I certainly and I suppose I can speak for alot of people in this thread aswell; we will not watch a race were the winners are just 1st Place because they did spend the most money/gold on bmah/server transfers.
    I assume your salutation was in error, I am not Chinese, but this does not impact anything so I shall move swiftly on.
    For the cutting edge raiding, I would assume that the top guilds are doing absolutely everything they can to stay competitive. Whether this means stacking (oh, we do remember all those druids...) or race changing (which is far less important now). I would not agree to the extent of server transferring to avoid lockouts, but given that the BMAH is in itself random - and Blizzard made the items available there, then using it should be considered standard.
    What if they are competing against many other people on their servers for those items? Does that mean a guild on a completely empty server should have the advantage?

I think this is far from clean cut. Yet as I see it, they used items that are legit in the game. They obtained them in a perfectly acceptable manner. They beat the boss and published the video showing that they didn't abuse mechanics..
    It was wrong when people stacked their debuffs so they couldn't take more damage using pets. It was wrong when rogues accidentally rebuilt ledges in ICC. It was wrong when people were summoned into Ulduar with debuffs from other zones.
    These guys fought the fight fairly, they had good gear which was obtained fairly in game. I'm fine with it. Congrats folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats not even relevant. If two guilds are on the same server than they will both have the same latency? Is that what you're actually asking?

There are also numerous other guilds called "Enigma", just btw. You could mean any of those.

Please, at least construct a question that can be easily answered.

"One question though, since the servers are linked, if you are in Australia and logged in the city, will you appear beside, say a guild member from Enigma? But still benefit from the Aussie latency?"

1. "If you are in Australia" - what does this mean, you could be in Australia and connect to any login server.
    2. "logged in the city" - which city? Not all places have cross realmed availability.
    3. "will you appear beside, say a guild member from Enigma?" You're asking a question to someone you don't know what server they're on. It follows the exact same rules as everything else. If you are on the same server, you will see other people on your server. So, surely you wouldn't be asking such a basic question.
    3. But still benefit from the Aussie latency? Once again, you don't know anyone's location either geographically or realm, the physical location of the servers are in Australia. Any person who logged onto that server will connect to Australia.
    I misunderstood you.

I thought you said they shared their server with US guilds. Did a little more looking into it and it appears there are no US guilds on their server.