Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by enak101 View Post
    as long as you kill 'enough' in each phase he will slowly get less health each phase. as you get later in the fight theres more you need to heal compared to dps, expect fight to go 10-20 minutes though. maybe normal can be done a lot quicker but idk.
    I only did Normal, and yeah, it'll take a good 10-20 because of the positioning of the black ones. Save CDs in case you don't burst him fast enough, but honestly his enrage doesn't hit bad except for the second and third blast.

What spec do you guys think is the best to solo in?

I have done MSV 6/6 10man NM,HOF 4/6 10man NM,TOE 2/4 10man NM,TOT 2/12 10man NM and none in SoO. Did it all as a ret paladin but its starting to seem like damage is a issue for some fights. Also can't pass the first boss in SoO at all.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I guess as long as you can survive ret is better since its faster, but you may find doing trash is a lot easier as prot and if you have class trinket prot can get crazy numbers anyway especially any cleave fights. Obviously prot if you need more survival.

I guess as long as you can survive ret is better since its faster, but you may find doing trash is a lot easier as prot and if you have class trinket prot can get crazy numbers anyway especially any cleave fights. Obviously prot if you need more survival.
    I haven't really used prot much in this xpac. Tell me can't both use the same gear now and it won't hurt? I know having prots tier would be better over ret but just overall if I wanted to tank like LFR I would be fine?

So far at lease trash hasn't been a big deal. Its more so dealing with boss's.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2015-12-28 at 12:07 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

For old content it is pretty viable to switch to Prot only by switching your 2h to a 'sword and board'.
    If you have Haste gear, use it.
    If you have Trinks, Rings, and Neck for Prot (With bonus armor) use them.
    Overall your stats wont be too high, but in old content it wont matter much, unless you are REALLY low on dps.
    I personaly use Ret for soloing because Prot is way too slow for me.

And if you have t 18 4 set, you can spec into Emp Seals and chain Avenger shields which is cool...

Other than that, try your best to gear up and use your talents tp their max.

Madness will consume you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    For old content it is pretty viable to switch to Prot only by switching your 2h to a 'sword and board'.
    If you have Haste gear, use it.
    If you have Trinks, Rings, and Neck for Prot (With bonus armor) use them.
    Overall your stats wont be too high, but in old content it wont matter much, unless you are REALLY low on dps.
    I personaly use Ret for soloing because Prot is way too slow for me.

And if you have t 18 4 set, you can spec into Emp Seals and chain Avenger shields which is cool...

Other than that, try your best to gear up and use your talents tp their max.
    You mean spec as ret but use sword/board right? Just wanted to be clear is all. If so how come? I checked my parry/dodge and in my current shitty S&B its slighty less then going 2h.

He means switch spec to prot and switch your 2 hander out for a sword and board but all your other gear can stay the same like neck piece and trinkets (unless you have pieces with bonus armor and similar ilvl etc)

He means switch spec to prot and switch your 2 hander out for a sword and board but all your other gear can stay the same like neck piece and trinkets (unless you have pieces with bonus armor and similar ilvl etc)
    Cool ill give that a try ty.

So how the hell if at all do you beat the first boss of SoO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Cool ill give that a try ty.

So how the hell if at all do you beat the first boss of SoO.
    You got the point.

About Immerseus... He's pretty hard. You either need a shit ton of luck, amazing skill or invetiveness...

The way i do it, is spec Prot.
    Talents: Long arm of the law, Eternal Flame, Unbreakable Spirit, Devine Purpose, Light's Hammer and Empowered Seals.

The thing is.... You will probably never be fast enough or strong enough to kill enough blobs in time for him to not enrage... But, what you can do, is play with the enrage...

Some people have this tact where they outrange the bosses range and wait out the berserk (which is 30 minutes) - i have not been able to do this, as the boss woupd corosive blast me and i die...

My way, is just berserk him when he enrages...

He usually goes into berserk at about 30% corruption... Which means i only need to endue 2-3 blob phases.

What i do is, burn him Asap, then wait to see where there biggest consentration of blobs are going to spawn, i run there, drop the hammer and run the circle killing as many black ones, and healing as many blue ones as i can...

As a tank my dps is high enough to not have Swirls... (Maybe one or two if i get shit out of luck) and i never get more than one corrosion stack (although corrosion is not even a tickle to an ilvl 725 tank, it is still important to drop them before he enrages, because then it doea become a problem.)

When he enrages, you really need to keep not of corrosion stacks and the bloody pools.
    As anything else is healable through a 3-4 stacked with bastion EF.
    When you do get 2 corrosion stacks and he is channeling a third (or if you have one and he's doing the second - if your health is very low) you need to start rotating CD's...

After some tries and learning what to do, you will get him down after about 13-15 mins.... (Which imo is better than doing a 40+ min fight where you do nothing for 30 mins)

Good luck mate.

This is what you can achieve with a 30min enrage timer.

Also fuck this boss. His enraged ended I walked down there (He was not enraged) and he hit me for over 600k.

I must have missed something ether way thats 40mins wasted.

This is what you can achieve with a 30min enrage timer.

Also fuck this boss. His enraged ended I walked down there (He was not enraged) and he hit me for over 600k.

The feels....

Don't feel bad man.... I must have wasted 4 days on the stpuid boss, and only managed to kill him when i got my hc tank trink that makes me 650k hp...

So you might want to wait this one out untill you get some better gear.
    Last edited by killwithpwr; 2015-12-29 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    The feels....

Don't feel bad man.... I must have wasted 4 days on the stpuid boss, and only managed to kill him when i got my hc tank trink that makes me 650k hp...

So you might want to wait this one out untill you get some better gear.
    Ya I done figured I wouldn't be able to solo him until Legion. Getting better gear as a mostly Solo/Puging player can be a pain.

But ya that annoyed me but hey at lease I made a big puddle lol.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    You need to wait until it casts Swirl before running back in, as otherwise you'll be in range for Corrosive Blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    You need to wait until it casts Swirl before running back in, as otherwise you'll be in range for Corrosive Blast.
    It wasn't Corrsive blast that killed me. Once I was in melee range he punched me twice each doing over 300k damage.

Figured once the enrage was gone I was good.

as an ilvl 739 Prot Paladin I gave ToT 10m HC a try and soloed up to 13/13 HC. Only 1 wipe on Lei Shen cos bad position getting knocked off platform. I just ignored the blue balls that form adds and grabbed class trinket that will 1 shot them all when it procs. 5 Wipes on Ra-den after realizing that Murderous Strike ignores damage reduction effects. 800k dot every 2 sec is nuts.

I don't know what difficulty Immerseus you are doing but yea I find just living the enrage is no big deal for normal/heroic, eventually you get him low enough where he can't even cast a corrosive blast before you make him go back down again. I haven't bothered to solo mythic yet did but 2 manning it was fairly easy.

^^ : Ra-den can be tricky, you need to play with the debuff and your % health. Watch wannoobs ra-den solo too see good example, you want the dot to get applied to you on the lowest health possible and then heal up to survive next set of abilities while rotating cooldowns. Or do what I did and be a druid and burst him to p2 before he does anything LOL. But yea I did a few tries at ra-den 25 man and it didn't look good.

I don't know what difficulty Immerseus you are doing but yea I find just living the enrage is no big deal for normal/heroic, eventually you get him low enough where he can't even cast a corrosive blast before you make him go back down again. I haven't bothered to solo mythic yet did but 2 manning it was fairly easy.

^^ : Ra-den can be tricky, you need to play with the debuff and your % health. Watch wannoobs ra-den solo too see good example, you want the dot to get applied to you on the lowest health possible and then heal up to survive next set of abilities while rotating cooldowns. Or do what I did and be a druid and burst him to p2 before he does anything LOL. But yea I did a few tries at ra-den 25 man and it didn't look good.
    It was 10man normal. My ilvl is 714 as a ret but in prot spec at the time without and tier set.

I was only able to get him down to 74 before his enrage hit. But ya I walked away waited out the enrage and when I walked back down there he 2shot me. Not sure if it was because I had some stacks of something on me or what.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2015-12-30 at 04:00 AM.

Shit down immerseus' throat at 730 prot. He still enraged but it's honestly trivial. Also, hammer doesn't heal blue boogers so don't waste time trying.

Yo guys,

I'm looking to focus on just 1 class until legion. my choices being paladin, warrior and Dk. I love to solo content, be competetive on meters and wreck 5 mans as we all love to. How does Ret/Prot compare to Blood/Unholy? I'm casual so I'll prob never get above 730 lvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Yo guys,

I'm looking to focus on just 1 class until legion. my choices being paladin, warrior and Dk. I love to solo content, be competetive on meters and wreck 5 mans as we all love to. How does Ret/Prot compare to Blood/Unholy? I'm casual so I'll prob never get above 730 lvl.
    DKs are generally better at solo content, but I'd say Paladins are #2 or #3 (behind Brewmasters).

5mans are a joke now, and damage is basically a function of having a high ilvl leg ring and 4pT18. Without it, you're going to be way behind anyone else, regardless of what class/spec you are.