Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrent View Post
    5mans are a joke now, and damage is basically a function of having a high ilvl leg ring and 4pT18. Without it, you're going to be way behind anyone else, regardless of what class/spec you are.
    And there always is Destruction with goddamn Shadowburns laughing at you...
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.

Forgot all about brewmasters. What makes them so good? Thought they only had decent AoE. Haven't touched my monk since early mop :/ eh yeah well my paladin is ilvl 638 so I'd have to spend some gold to drag him up asap. Though I'm debating whether its worth picking it up or rocking the brew/blood. Prot seems awesome but ret seems snoozy

Brewmasters are broken because of their self healing capabilities (both naturally and 4pT18 helping dramatically)
    (monk soloing blackhand up till 50ish percent forget exact number)
    Their ox statue has uses on a lot of fights for keeping things away,distracted,or preventing resetting.

Prot is good atm because of class trinket and 4pt18, why Lazel could go in and 1 shot twin ogron, and then kill Imperator. (Still yet to be done in the same fashion, I killed it but cheesing soul cap on trash )
    Dk is probably your safest bet (I would say pally fall behind again after this tier when that trinket and set bonus goes away, though their self heal in Legion could be pretty fun)
    Don't forget about druids (but yea we don't actually have a heap to offer atm rip)
    Last edited by enak101; 2016-01-01 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soloable View Post
    Anybody tell me what the best spec for soloing Cata raids is? On Ret I still have trouble with 25 man Shannox .
    just kill rageface first then its stupid easy

That's my worry. It'll be awhile before I get 4pc or class tri jet so if I go paladin I need to know if I'll be safe without both of those or if there's a better option (brew/ww, blood/uh, fury/prot)

Quote Originally Posted by brewnor View Post
    If you do the fight as a tank spec (prot) you don't get that perma stun thing from the dog so its ez.

@Yhcti - Blood probably the least gear reliant in terms of trinkets/set bonuses since you should do ok without any of them but brew is also pretty good with any gear just comes down to personal preference I guess. Paladin without those things I'm not sure. Word Of Glory is your heal which can be strong but you need to build up charges first through SOTR, problem is barely anyone soloes really hard content with paladin this xpac so its hard to tell where they fall.

Quote Originally Posted by brewnor View Post
    Rageface will get off you if it recieves a hit larger that 30(40?)k, basicly you can just drop HoL or use ExS on the dog right before it leaps and go on with hitting the boss. Fel Burn may do that too, not sure about numbers.
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.

Fair enough thanks. I spent days debating over prot vs brm vs blood then also unholy vs ww vs Ret to see what my best option would be from low ilvl to high ilvl/bis haha. So far seems dk or monk are my safer options. Shame, almost swayed into using a shield again!

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone else had an issue with not getting loot from council in ToT? Happened twice already for me.
    Life doesn’t get easier, we just grow stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Yo guys,

I'm looking to focus on just 1 class until legion. my choices being paladin, warrior and Dk. I love to solo content, be competetive on meters and wreck 5 mans as we all love to. How does Ret/Prot compare to Blood/Unholy? I'm casual so I'll prob never get above 730 lvl.
    I feel you man. I'm in the same boat. I've got my Monk(best geared) my DK(2nd geared) and my Pally who I cant decide who to focus on and roll into Legion with. I like focusing on one guy for awhile so I'm struggling to pick 1 guy.

The Monk has versatility - Tank, Dps, Heals
    The DK - Tank, dps
    The Paladin - Tank, Dps, Heals.

Problem I have with the Monk Windwalker is that I'm not a fan of the energy system. I feel like I have a lot of downtime therefor I can't maximize my dps. Paladin feels "random" with all the waiting for procs to happen and the DK, I just cant get into Unholy DPS but Frost can be fun. I do enjoy healing as well but primarily focus on tanking/dps I do enjoy soloing old content so all 3 are good. I just cant decide which one for me has the most longevity to them. I'm stumped Thing I love about Blood DK is the self healing component and it sounds like its only getting stronger in Legion. I've never been one to gloat over healing/dps charts but for some reason I get enjoyment out of seeing my self healing beating healers in raids/dungeons Kind of funny. My damage on blood however is much lower then my Brewmaster.
    Last edited by Extremities; 2016-01-06 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria View Post
    Has anyone else had an issue with not getting loot from council in ToT? Happened twice already for me.
    Yes. Happened last week for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria View Post
    I have lost count on how many times I had this happen over all my chars that I clear ToT with for the mounts.

Question, I was trying to do LFR SoO (I like the pally lfr tier colors much more than the normal+ ones), but when I killed off Immerseus, I didn't get any loot at all?

Also any advice on the 3 shadopan fight after for Ret? Felt like I was barely keeping alive by the time I brought two down to 66% and was dead a bit after that. Or is it only Prot that has an easy time soloing things?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    Question, I was trying to do LFR SoO (I like the pally lfr tier colors much more than the normal+ ones), but when I killed off Immerseus, I didn't get any loot at all?

Also any advice on the 3 shadopan fight after for Ret? Felt like I was barely keeping alive by the time I brought two down to 66% and was dead a bit after that. Or is it only Prot that has an easy time soloing things?
    Are you sure you didnt kill it before in the same reset? Can loot the chest once.

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    Are you sure you didnt kill it before in the same reset? Can loot the chest once.
    Nope, first ever try and nothing at all in the chest. Maybe it was glitched, guess I could try again but man, Immersius is such a long fight >.>

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    Nope, first ever try and nothing at all in the chest. Maybe it was glitched, guess I could try again but man, Immersius is such a long fight >.>
    Ah you said LFR. Well in LFR loot isn't guaranteed so it's working as intended. You might or might not get something from a boss.

So when soloing if I'm running sera and hitting 50% haste when it's up does hitting the list drums do anything for me?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobblefet View Post
    So when soloing if I'm running sera and hitting 50% haste when it's up does hitting the list drums do anything for me?
    Should still decrease cd's and give more AA's. Just doesnt lower gcd anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemski View Post
    Should still decrease cd's and give more AA's. Just doesnt lower gcd anymore.
    Nice. Well they were enough to help beat enrage on tectus. Got him down last night on normal. Don't know which to try next. Maybe twins and brak.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobblefet View Post
    Nice. Well they were enough to help beat enrage on tectus. Got him down last night on normal. Don't know which to try next. Maybe twins and brak.
    Soloing Tectus? Nice one...
    Do you need to deal with Clouds? And how much DPs you can put out to manage the Shards?

Madness will consume you!!!