Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Thumbs down What happened to the supposed teleport/charge ability that was hyped up by blizzard?

<No Memes - Krekko>
    I mean they put this as one of the new additions for Paladin, getting us all excited, then replace a gap closer with a gimmick steed ability? Call me crazy but I was looking forward to having that gap closer and feel let down.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2016-07-24 at 06:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What? Are you crazy? That steed talent that allow 3 sec at 100% speed and gets you no where is way OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz dont like Rets

Apparently blizzard didn't believe it was fitting for our class fantasy, which is bullshit. I would much rather have had a charge on a decent CD than this stupid fucking horse.

15+ Year Old Account
    I love the horse, but damn that CD Kills me. Why it's a talent too is beyond me.... Talented should do extra.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

imo tyrael is somewhat of a paladin. he got a teleport and this runfield. we should have that. not that crusader diablo 3 crap.
    13/13

Monk

This steed never seems to be off CD when u need it

7+ Year Old Account
    it was orrginally the tyreals sword throw, sorta like a ranged demonic circle that does damage, and it was in the beta... but it really did feel akward...

heres the issue... how do you dictate what way your facing? the way your facing when you tp? or the way you faced when you threw the sword, also how far could you go before going back to it, could also be abused since you dident have to stand where it was placed, so you could place it weirdly

yes it was cool... but it just... had so many akward things about it, idk we may see it return someday, but yeah the steed is super cool!

also we all know how buggy and annoying pathing can be...

also as said before, it took so long to activate, and felt quite clunky as it was

Press spell
    Press location
    Press spell again

2 more buttons then charge...
    also i feel the steed is so much cooler! you get to have mounted combat, and ride on a mount indoors
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-07-29 at 09:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Supposedly, it teleported/charged away.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Apparently blizzard didn't believe it was fitting for our class fantasy, which is bullshit. I would much rather have had a charge on a decent CD than this stupid fucking horse.
    Lol no. No you wouldnt. I hate the horse, but nobody should ever want turalyons charge over Divine Steed. If they tried to make it work instead of removing it that would have been nice, but they didnt want to give us a generic charge because warriors would have been really upset so they just scrapped the idea of us having a charge.

The charge we had was absolute fucking shit. It required 3 buttons to fully press and it was very easy to stop you from using that charge. It took 3 button presses to actually charge, 1 to choose the location, 1 to throw the sword, 1 to activate the charge, so if you were setting that up someone could easily stun you before you even got the chance to charge. It was one of the worst and most clunky spells Ive ever seen in this game.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-07-29 at 09:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Lol no. No you wouldnt. I hate the horse, but nobody should ever want turalyons charge over Divine Steed. If they tried to make it work instead of removing it that would have been nice, but they didnt want to give us a generic charge because warriors would have been really upset so they just scrapped the idea of us having a charge.

The charge we had was absolute fucking shit. It required 3 buttons to fully press and it was very easy to stop you from using that charge. It took 3 button presses to actually charge, 1 to choose the location, 1 to throw the sword, 1 to activate the charge, so if you were setting that up someone could easily stun you before you even got the chance to charge. It was one of the worst and most clunky spells Ive ever seen in this game.
    It's not like it blizz could just make it a targeted spell, it would pretty much fix the entire issue that was using 3 gcd's, sure it would be a charge copy, but isn't the Demon hunter dash spell a copy of roll?

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    It's not like it blizz could just make it a targeted spell, it would pretty much fix the entire issue that was using 3 gcd's, sure it would be a charge copy, but isn't the Demon hunter dash spell a copy of roll?
    Im not saying they shouldnt have fixed it so it could work, they definitely should have. Im just saying that its not even remotely better than divine steed and in fact its in many ways worse.

If they fixed it and just made it a targeted spell than it would be way better and obviously a really good thing to have in rets toolkit. Still though, the warrior community would have gotten a bit mad as they did with prot when it received a charge in the pvp talents and it also goes against their idea of making classes more unique and not having the same abilities. Yeah, the DH slash is similar to the roll, but its not a direct copy of it.

Either way, they should have at least messed with it a bit to see what they could come up with rather than getting rid of it and replacing it with something else thats pretty useless in pvp.

Deleted
    Im not saying they shouldnt have fixed it so it could work, they definitely should have. Im just saying that its not even remotely better than divine steed and in fact its in many ways worse.

If they fixed it and just made it a targeted spell than it would be way better and obviously a really good thing to have in rets toolkit. Still though, the warrior community would have gotten a bit mad as they did with prot when it received a charge in the pvp talents and it also goes against their idea of making classes more unique and not having the same abilities. Yeah, the DH slash is similar to the roll, but its not a direct copy of it.

Either way, they should have at least messed with it a bit to see what they could come up with rather than getting rid of it and replacing it with something else thats pretty useless in pvp.
    How is a guaranteed gap closer worse than a 3 second movement speed buff? Heck the steed only makes up for the lack of increased movement speed with Judgement we got with the talents in WoD. Ret feels like it's in a pretty stale place.

10+ Year Old Account

I just hope that maybe a couple of months into legion, blizz will see how abysmal Ret is in pvp, and hopefully do something.

I do like that they try to avoid Classes being too similar to each other, but surely functionality is more important, and hopefully blizz will see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Soloable View Post
    How is a guaranteed gap closer worse than a 3 second movement speed buff? Heck the steed only makes up for the lack of increased movement speed with Judgement we got with the talents in WoD. Ret feels like it's in a pretty stale place.
    You mean how is a spell that requires you to push the same button 3 times in order for it to work better than a 3 second movement speed buff? Because that gap closer, if thats what you can really even call it, was the shittest gap closer in the game, hell it was the shittiest spell I have seen in this game for a long time.

A spell that requires you to choose a location, then click that location to throw the sword, then click the button again to charge to that sword is a clunky and ridiculous version of a gap closer.

Im not saying divine steed is better, Im saying they are both utter shit on the same levels, but turalyons might is worse because its a spell that requires you to push a button three times, 1 for choosing the location, 1 for throwing the sword and 1 for charging to it. Calling it a gap closer is a stretch. Anyone who is familiar with pvp could just stun you after you throw the sword, or stun you once you get to the sword. It was a retarded version of feral lunge and any other gap closer in the game. Due to all the steps required to even activate the spell, your target could easily predict what you are about to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    I just hope that maybe a couple of months into legion, blizz will see how abysmal Ret is in pvp, and hopefully do something.

I do like that they try to avoid Classes being too similar to each other, but surely functionality is more important, and hopefully blizz will see that.
    They could. Ret has seen band aid fixes after an expansion has launched before, like in cata. I agree, functionality is definitely more important, and we will see if we get any band aid fixes later on.

Deleted
    repatch Long Arm Of The Law + Snare and ret will be premium this xpac.
    enable Lay On Hands for rated and ret will be OP.

but never ever come up with Turalyons Charge again.

Deleted
    What's worse is that the Divine Steed ability is pretty much mandatory for PvP, making the other 2 talents useless. And even with Divine Steed, our mobility is soooo piss poor. It should be baseline. It should NOT be a stupid horse (or even worse if you play a Draenei or a Tauren). And it should not be on such a long cooldown. Or at least give us Divine Steed baseline and then make the talent so it reduces the cooldown and also removes snares.

I like the divine steed ability, though its cd is to long and its a specc for holy paladins, this would be fine if the game wasent design for super fast running by most classes and some boss encounters you need it=(.

For me the fix should be remove it as a talent and reduce its cd.
    Or remake the game so being immobile aint a problem in eitthere pve or pvp lols-_-.
    Last edited by Thundering; 2016-07-30 at 08:18 AM.

Deleted
    Steed is fine. They should buff it for lolrets. Maybe they will, at some point.

Deleted
    If you imagine the animation for grappling hook on outlaw or the harpoon on survival hunter. The pally teleport/charge could have been similar. Harpoon is actually a charge where as grappling hook you put the targeting reticule down and click. Would have been cool if pallys could have have thrown the ashbringer down which did damage and then immediately teleported to it. No clunky clunky.