Deleted

Question which tank does the most damage, except warr

Yo, which tank spec does the most dmg? i have a blood dk and do pretty good dmg, got no burst tho, but is there any other tank thats nearly immortal and does enough dps to kill ppl. I'm mostly doing 1v1, 1v2 and 2v2.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLamp View Post
    Yo, which tank spec does the most dmg? i have a blood dk and do pretty good dmg, got no burst tho, but is there any other tank thats nearly immortal and does enough dps to kill ppl. I'm mostly doing 1v1, 1v2 and 2v2.
    Prot paladin with the right set up. Maybe...a brewmaster monk

I don't follow Warrior's super closely, but aren't they all the rage at the moment for doing exactly this?

You can spec prot, then pick up Gladiator Stance at 100 which basically turns prot into a DPS class. Then just flip back to Defensive stance and you're a tank when you need to tank.

Someone who actually plays a Warrior might need to correct my understanding of it here though.

(edit - Oops lol, reading comprehension... I missed the "Except Warrior")
    Last edited by Krimson; 2014-12-11 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimson View Post
    I don't follow Warrior's super closely, but aren't they all the rage at the moment for doing exactly this?

You can spec prot, then pick up Gladiator Stance at 100 which basically turns prot into a DPS class. Then just flip back to Defensive stance and you're a tank when you need to tank.

Someone who actually plays a Warrior might need to correct my understanding of it here though.
    You can only switch in and out of Gladiator Stance out of combat.

It's impossible to swap over in the middle of a fight and start tanking.

Ah okay, not as strong as I had thought then.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimson View Post

(edit - Oops lol, reading comprehension... I missed the "Except Warrior")
    You are correct. It is worth noting though that you can't switch while in combat. Not sure if you are able to switch out of combat in either arena or BGs. Fishing for a confirmation on this
    *Official Ryg Tweet on Patch Notes Hype Train Passenger* -Never Forget

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Should probably note that Gladiator stance loses all of the bonuses of Defensive stance. A gladiator warrior has the same HP as dps specs. Trades die by the sword for shield wall.