[Guardian]Dumb Resolve Question

So!.. I know old Vengeance scaled with HP.
    Does Resolve scale with HP? Does someone have a link to the formula?

More specifically;
    I'm basically comparing a 640 ilvl MS/Mastery piece, to a 655 MS/Versatility piece.
    obviously the 655 has more sta/agi.. and the versatility also effects my self healing.
    I also mathed out the specific mastery versus versatility %DR loss and it was like.. I lost .5% physical mitgation, gained .3% all mitigation.
    But the loss of the mastery is of course, a loss to %AP buff...

So the question is,
    - does the stamina increase (via itemlevel) help offset the loss in mastery by boosting the average Resolve level? (Am I, on the same boss, same difficulty, averaging .2% higher resolve because of a stamina increase, etc...)
    - Is the net gain in stats worth the loss of having no mastery on the slot?

Or, i guess, the broader question is; How does one sim tanks and incoming damage? I know I can sim dps on my hunter (using old femaledwarf.com).. but I've never used simcraft before and have no idea where to get started.

Resolve used to scale with HP and stamina early in the beta. It was a really bad idea, so that was changed. It now has nothing to do with either.

Resolve for a lvl 100 character is:
    Code:
    Resolve % = 100 * max(0,3.4*(1-e^(-.045*"Damage taken in the past 10 seconds"/36153))-1)
    And if that makes no sense, just know it has nothing to do with damage reduction, or health, or anything on gear.

But the loss of the mastery is of course, a loss to %AP buff...
    And a gain of %increased healing and damage, which are the same except they affect more heals. The 655 is pretty much always going to be better, because agi/armor > any secondaries anyway, and secondaries aren't far apart to begin with. Can't say that with 100% certainty because you didn't link the pieces, but I'd be very shocked if the 655 was not significantly better.
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2014-12-12 at 09:48 PM.

Thank you Braindwen.. (Again, I think. Lol.)