Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    You found people who were looking for a carry.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

That has been the attitude for a long time. Not saying everyone, but yes, if the pull is too long, if there's a wipe, etc people leave without second though.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    Some of the pugs aren't doing raids with their own guilds for good reason: most just aren't raider material due to many reasons.

Deleted
    people see the likes of method, and expect every single guild to be one shotting things 2 weeks after content has been released.
    Well sorry, if you're one of these players then it is YOU that needs to uninstall wow, or wait for a couple of months.

Deleted
    My last normal pug was able to 1shot everyone and 2 shot koragh, so I'd imagine pug standards are a bit higher nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by snowfall View Post
    Healers know they can get pretty much instant groups, but they also know they're most likely to be blamed for wipes so more likely to ditch the group as soon as there is a problem. And some of them are simply primadonne
    I don't understand why groups can't see it's not always the healers fault. I have been told about 75 percent of the time I'm a really good healer. I am almost in full heroic. 25 percent of the groups are extremely hard to heal due to not interrupting or moving out of fire or taking unnecessary damage. 95 percent of the time they will rage and blame that I suck and can't heal and then boot me. Granted I don't mind because I know the next healer will do the same but why are they so stupid in not understanding how they wiped. I wish blizzard would come out with a report on how we could have done better in chat. I have at times just thought about quitting cause of the ignorant abuse we get. /rant over

The problem with pugging raids is that a lot of people aren't there to RAID they are there to kill a boss quick and get loot, that is there mindset. Progression for a pug group isn't very likely to happen unless they're very close to killing a boss. Go to a high pop server, find an average guild and have some fun with them, you'll enjoy your time more. These people with hardcore desires but horrible LFR mindsets are what will cause things like that to happen. This raid content is very well tuned, this isn't WotLK, where you can easily pug and kill a raid, even if it does flex (which sometimes can make things more difficult)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edmorte View Post
    Wipe is not a good sign.

Normals are pretty easy, if i'm willing to wipe, better go to open raid than pug.

These small guilds with RL friends is most of the time full of stupidity and cynicism, since no one reprehend the offender.
    Wipes happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wipes happen, but being stuck at the first bosses of normal Highmaul is very sub-par right now, no matter how you look at it. There's no need to be at Method's level, most decent guilds should be (and indeed a lot are) midway through heroic, or starting that after killing Imperator.

Sorry, that sounds elitist, I know. But it's fairly easy finding a PuG that can clear normal mode, so joining a group to get killed by the first 2-3 bosses isn't encouraging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arel00 View Post
    Wipes happen, but being stuck at the first bosses of normal Highmaul is very sub-par right now, no matter how you look at it. There's no need to be at Method's level, most decent guilds should be (and indeed a lot are) midway through heroic, or starting that after killing Imperator.

Sorry, that sounds elitist, I know. But it's fairly easy finding a PuG that can clear normal mode, so joining a group to get killed by the first 2-3 bosses isn't encouraging.
    I wouldn't want to wipe there ten times or more often, I would leave at some point, but to wipe once or twice at Kargath and Butcher is ok when you have a couple of people there that don't know the bosses, or your group just needs to coordinate things right. If you wipe you just gotta figure out what the problem is and address it and not curse and leave after the first wipe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Self-entitled crap players that got spoiled because they were clearing SoO in Flex/Normal for a long time while getting carried by people that already actually did something on their main earlier when it mattered.. or you know those amazing raiders that do 4 raids a week and still need 2-3 months to clear Normal (old normal) and think they are a gift to WoW.
    also known as the mmo champion crowd

No offense to you or your group but I can assume it was as much the fault of your group as it was the fault of them. You could have easily had some pretty bad luck with pugs that day although since you're asking about the general mood of pugs I'd say your story is the odd one out.

While I'm not very fond of pugs myself I haven't seen many problems with them unless the people leading the group were terrible.

Again, I'm not trying to be rude, I simply don't know enough about you or the story to say that it wasn't your group that was scaring people off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Players apparently considering wipes some sort of grievous setback is nothing new in this game. *shrug*

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Self-entitled crap players that got spoiled because they were clearing SoO in Flex/Normal for a long time while getting carried by people that already actually did something on their main earlier when it mattered.. or you know those amazing raiders that do 4 raids a week and still need 2-3 months to clear Normal (old normal) and think they are a gift to WoW.

Nothing else about it.. Its the other side of "Oh everyone can see raids now with LFR and Flex"
    Yes, pretty much. They just want to be carried.

Nothing else about it.. Its the other side of "Oh everyone can see raids now with LFR and Flex"
    Wait, are you saying the mouthy assholes that bail on raids and heroics are caused by LFR? That doesn't quite jive with the elitist attitude and bullshit they tend to spew before bailing.

I'm 653 holy pally 7/7 normal, 2/7 heroic all via pugs. If i join a pug group I usually give them 3 wipes before I leave unless the last attempt was really close. I've put in the time and dedication required so I dont want to waste my time with content that isnt bleeding edge for me like normals at this point. Heroic butcher etc I put in more wipe attempts with pugs up to 7-10 wipes because that was progression content for me but normals at this point are not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edmorte View Post
    Wipe is not a good sign.

Normals are pretty easy, if i'm willing to wipe, better go to open raid than pug.

These small guilds with RL friends is most of the time full of stupidity and cynicism, since no one reprehend the offender.
    pretty funny coming from a brazilian

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fierae View Post
    I was merely asking a question, no need to try and apply an angle to it

I noticed a pattern and queried whether it was normal nowadays. If you walked outside and the first 10 people you saw were wearing bananas on their heads, you'd most likely raise an eyebrow too!

We were all accommodating and mentioned to each healer we had an active mumble chat going too. None of them decided to join, but I can't really blame them, you don't often go into a PUG and expect to be on voice comms.

We also did take in 1 dps, who stuck with us from start to beginning.

I could make an assumption and say that I think that might be because he knows it will be harder to find another group as dps?
    Hi Fierae,

I actually think that the bolded item was your only mistake.

Yes, the game has some entitled (they think, to a carry) and rude people right now, but that's pretty much always been the case. However, if you are running a raid with voice chat, unless it's a raid where the fights are on farmed facerolls, you should require everyone to be in Vent/Mumble/whatever. Especially in a raid zone that's two weeks old - nobody has anything on farm, half the people in the group might not really understand the strategy (which can vary somewhat from group to group) etc. I will tell you honestly, requiring voice chat participation will weed out a lot of the trolls/carries. Not all of them, but many.

Deleted
    Too many Cata babies in the game, such as those healers.

I can quit your group even after 1 wipe if I see that your raid is totally hopeless. Noobs who have no idea about tactics, shitty raid leaders, undergeared people, dumb people, etc.

Sure i could hang around for a few hours until you learn the fight, but why would I do that? As a good healer I can get easily into any group. WOD healing is stressful enough as it is, without having to deal with bads.

Also, you mentioned that 4 different healers left your raid. Ever thought that maybe the problem is you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Because people want to be carried
    Or because people don't want to carry bads.
    Last edited by Korban; 2014-12-14 at 03:12 AM.