Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Not wait two years to give basic features that people asked for since beta.... <snip>
    Excellent post, Meledelion.

Deleted
    I actually agree that 'what can they do now' is probably not even crossing their mind, or a realistic possibility given the age and current state of the game. There are changes that still need to be made now that should have been coming to fruition years ago that as far as we know might not even be in planning/development this long after launch.

Even die-hard Guild Wars fans have left. I left, and I can't even put into words how hyped I was for this game, it was my messiah after WoW had become stale and every recurring option like RIFT/TERA only disappointed. I loved the game at first, it was like stepping into a Ferrari after driving a broken pickup truck for years. Only there was this guy punching you in the head from the back seat every time you took it for a ride. A great engine turned into a poor experience.

They have totally missed the window for attracting big streamers at launch, they alienated the hardcore pvp community with terrible class balance/1 game mode/no rewards, delivered nothing post-launch and now you really think they are looking forward?

They didn't give general gamers much to love in terms of mechanics and polish; for people looking to critique the game on it's objective merit they had a lot to criticize GW2 for and they didn't really give a shit about the loyal franchise fans who did stick around. People who were in love with the game despite it's flaws have been asking for class reworking/game modes/rejigging certain features since launch, and now we've got a pop-up box on the same terrible queue system to show for it all. What do they expect, people to just suddenly flock back en mass and start viewing when they don't even have anything new like an expansion or huge relaunch to offer? As much as I wanted this game to do great you need to get real, it's on cruise control to the grave.

They haven't delivered anything to anyone and aren't making big enough changes to actually do anything about that. 'What can we do now' isn't happening and even with the best intentions wouldn't return anything on the investment needed to achieve even a mild success even if they were trying.

Deleted
    So basically the same thing like every player on every game?

*Yawn*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    maybe not despise, just say I don't like it. part of it is probably the use of "sport" in there. Also, as you can tell from my previous posts, I see no entertainment in watching others play video games.

Also what taints my view a bit is that ArenaNet is so focused on making this game an e-sport instead of making more engaging pvp.
    Do you watch sports? Because it's the exact same thing. For the record I don't, I'm not interested in them, but I can see why people would be. There's nothing wrong with them being called "E-Sports" either. Sport as a world basically just means "game", and these are just electronic games being played with professional teams for money. There's absolutely nothing different from "real" sports to e-sports other than how they're played.

I also don't see the point in coming to a thread about an esports tournament just to tell everyone why you don't like esports. "I dont' care about this thing so let me talk about it to everyone who's going to disagree with me anyway".