I recently started playing WoW again, and tonight I decided to actually start correcting my UI. Prior to this, I was just using the same one from 4 years ago, having updated whatever addons I could, however many are no longer maintained, and various other things changed, resulting in an awful UI that I just haven't been bothered to fix until now.

I've been trying to recreate the UI I was using recently in Wildstar, and while I am getting there on the unit frame look so far, I cannot get the text correct. This is a comparison, the bottom is my unit frame in Wildstar, the top is in WoW (I'm using Stuf Unit Frames).

I set the text as my character's name in Wildstar and tried to get the text size as similar as possible to show as close as possible a one to one from each game.

Is there a way to get my text to look like it does in my Wildstar unit frames?

I tried using the Monochrome outline, but it results in pretty jagged text, while the outline and thick outline, as seen above, are a blurry mess.

I'm thinking that this is a product of the game itself, and not specific to that unit frame addon, but I'm hoping I'm wrong or that someone knows of a way around this.