Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    9's only weak points to me were "Dagger" being worthless a large chunk of the game due to that "randomly stands there ... instead of doing her action" plot-related gimmick. Eiko ended up just being an all-around better healer AND damage dealer. (Nothing like cap-damage Holy for 5MP and not having to sit through Summons)
    Actually you can get Boost on Dagger too, afair, and Eiko is a subject of nasty bug. As she is one of the last party members to join, you will be at quite high level already if you play normally, and Eiko won't get any magic stones from auto-level ups as well as stat boosts from gear on level-ups. So you either do low level playthrough or stick with starting characters. Emo-Dagger was annoying, I agree, thankfully her emo mood didn't last too long.

On other side you can make Eiko very powerfu lby leveling Marcus to lv99, as his stats will be added to Eiko stats... :)
    5 I have only played halfway through, but really enjoyed it to that point, and always hear very good things about it.
    FF 5 could be considered best FF on SNES, if it was released outside Japan at its current time. Thus it became very undervalued and underestimated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    I would buy a PS4 for a FF7 remake.
    Yup, me too, that is the only game that will make me buy a console the next day hearing it would be released.

lol still refusing to make the game look better.

what retards why would i pay for that?

cancel FF16 or 17 or whatever they're doing, remake FF7 in full HD will almost certainly sell better than anything they've made in the past 5 years.
    Last edited by Socialhealer; 2014-12-22 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    lol still refusing to make the game look better.

what retards why would i pay for that?

cancel FF16 or 17 or whatever they're doing, remake FF7 in full HD will almost certainly sell better than anything they've made in the past 5 years.
    Doubt it. FF7 isn't very popular in Japan, and most of the western people who claim they would buy it would end up buying it when it was $19.99 instead of full price on day 1. In the end it would sell around the exact same amount of units as FF13 did in it's release window.

Also Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus where complete bombs in sales, and a prequel and sequel to FF7. People like you greatly over estimate the selling power of FF7 compared to FF in general. Crisis Core was actually a solid effort and game and it couldn't even break 500k sold in Japan on the PSP which had a 20 mil+ install base in Japan alone! Let alone it's terrible sales in the US and Europe which is another 50 million install base.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2014-12-23 at 12:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Doubt it. FF7 isn't very popular in Japan,
    Except its the most anticipated remake in Japan as well as the rest of the world...

Also Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus where complete bombs in sales
    "Crisis Core sold 350,000 copies in Japan on its release date, including the 77,777 Limited Edition PSP/Crisis Core bundles.[74] In November 2007, Square Enix announced that Crisis Core was its best-selling game across all regions from April through September, with 710,000 copies sold in Japan. Selling 790,705 units as of August 2008, it became the third best-selling game for the PSP in Japan.[76]"

"As of November 2008, over 513,000 copies of the game have been sold in Japan alone.[56]" Edit : This is DRIGE OF CERBERUS numbers

WUT?

Do you even Final Fantasy? The only games that sold better than those 'bombs' were monster hunter, the only games that broke 1 million sales were monster hunter, nothing else.
    Also, your understanding of software sales > hardware sales is so flawed, of 100 million ps ones, only 10 million FF7 were sold, a game widely regarded as its best selling/critically acclaimed games, yet only 1/10th bought it. Attach rate of games to hardware is generally very low, only massive games like GTA or Mario have an attach rate of greater than 1 in 10 routinely.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2014-12-23 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Except its the most anticipated remake in Japan as well as the rest of the world...

"Crisis Core sold 350,000 copies in Japan on its release date, including the 77,777 Limited Edition PSP/Crisis Core bundles.[74] In November 2007, Square Enix announced that Crisis Core was its best-selling game across all regions from April through September, with 710,000 copies sold in Japan. Selling 790,705 units as of August 2008, it became the third best-selling game for the PSP in Japan.[76]"

"As of November 2008, over 513,000 copies of the game have been sold in Japan alone.[56]"

WUT?

Do you even Final Fantasy? The only games that sold better than those 'bombs' were monster hunter, the only games that broke 1 million sales were monster hunter, nothing else.
    Also, your understanding of software sales > hardware sales is so flawed, of 100 million ps ones, only 10 million FF7 were sold, a game widely regarded as its best selling/critically acclaimed games, yet only 1/10th bought it. Attach rate of games to hardware is generally very low, only massive games like GTA or Mario have an attach rate of greater than 1 in 10 routinely.
    Games that sold more copies on the PSP then Crisis Core...

GTA Libery City Stories
    GTA Vice City Stories
    Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
    Monster HUnter Freedom 3
    Daxter
    Ratchet & Clank Size Matters
    Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition
    Gran Turismo
    God of War Chains of Olympus
    God of War Ghost of Sparta

For a series you are claiming can churn out sales like no other it's not even in the top 10.

Also Crisis Core didn't bomb in Japan? Consider the fact FFXIII and FXIII-2 have both out sold it, and lightning returns is creeping up on it as we speak. Yes, the Godly FFVII series gets out sold in Japan by XIII series. And it's not even close. Let's also consider the PS3 only has a 10 mil install base in Japan and the PSP had a 20 mil install base.

PS3 10 mil install base. FFXIII: 1.9 million sold, FFXIII-2 900k sold.
    PSP 20 mil install base. Crisis Core 800k sold.

So anymore bullshit you want to post without posting legit numbers to compare?

You where also wise to not even comment on Dirge of Cerberus, biggest bomb Square has ever produced and it belongs to the VII series.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2014-12-23 at 08:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Games that sold more copies on the PSP then Crisis Core...
    GTA Libery City Stories sold 1/3 of crisis core in JAPAN
    GTA Vice City Stories sold 160k Iin JAPAN
    Monster Hunter Freedom Unite outsold by 3-1 in JAPAN
    Monster HUnter Freedom 3 Already said this was a bigger game in JAPAN
    Daxter - Didnt even sell in JAPAN
    Ratchet & Clank Size Matters Only just broke 100k in JAPAN
    Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition Didn't even sell in JAPAN
    Gran Turismo Sold less than half crisis core in JAPAN
    God of War Chains of Olympus sold 40k in JAPAN
    God of War Ghost of Sparta Outsold massively in JAPAN

Do you get the drift, we are talking Exclusively about JAPAN, genius.

For a series you are claiming can churn out sales like no other it's not even in the top 10.
    AGAIN IN JAPAN it is in the top 10 about 6-8th behind monster hunter, metal gear solid and FF disidia, I also never said it could churn out copies.

Also Crisis Core didn't bomb in Japan? Consider the fact FFXIII and FXIII-2 have both out sold it, and lightning returns is creeping up on it as we speak. Yes, the Godly FFVII series gets out sold in Japan by XIII series. And it's not even close. Let's also consider the PS3 only has a 10 mil install base in Japan and the PSP had a 20 mil install base.
    Basically in your eyes every game outside of Monster hunter bombed in Japan because thats only one that ever broke 1 million sales/outsold FF13, although how FF13, the fastest selling in the history of FF as some kind of marker about sale bombs, is beyond me.

So anymore bullshit you want to post without posting legit numbers to compare?
    Next time read before posting, cos you look silly right now, you said crisis core didn't break 500k but it broke that in its first year and so did dirge lol

You where also wise to not even comment on Dirge of Cerberus, biggest bomb Square has ever produced and it belongs to the VII series.
    I did comment on dirge of cerberus it sold 513,000 units in JAPAN (in 2008 mind you 12 years after FF7 was released), I forgot to add that to my post, meaning in JAPAN, it ousold every one of those top 10 games in JAPAN! Were they widely succesful? No, but to claim that FF7 is not big in Japan is total nonsense, but thanks for the fun of correcting you, in fact FF7 sequals bombed everywhere BUT JAPAN. FF7 sold 3.28 mil in Japan + its sequels is about 4.6million, so FF13 and its sequels are not there yet in JAPAN.

JAPAN< JAPAN< JAPAN.

I do agree that people massively overestimate sales of ff7 sold a release be done, I'm only correcting your flawed numbers and ideas surrounding Japan and ff7
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2014-12-23 at 11:56 AM.