Thread: [Holy] Broken?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

[Holy] Broken?

I've been playing my Holy Paladin for the past couple of days, and have managed to get her geared to item level ~630. Whilst I have enjoyed it in some circumstances, I have found it to be quite clunky and slow in others. My current main is a Restoration Shaman, but since our only Holy Paladin left the guild yesterday, I was given the opportunity to give my Holy Paladin a whirl in tonight's heroic raid. Strangely, in pretty poor gear, I was pushing out some good numbers and seemed able to stay quite close to the rest of the healing team who are all in 650+ gear.

I have found that holy light is incredibly slow and leave much to be desired. On the other hand, I am using Holy Prism and finding this to be incredibly overpowered. It seriously fills out the metres (I know this isn't everything), but when it's on cooldown I find my numbers plummeting. I was just wondering what people thought about Holy Paladins at the moment. No doubt, they are strong in some situations, but I found that it was difficult to decide on who to heal, and what to heal with. This was particularly noticeable on Ko'ragh. I suppose the crux of my issue is that I am deliberating over spell choice too much. I wonder whether people with a bit more experience in playing Holy Paladin in WoD could share their insights and help me to improve.

My Armoury: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...as/Love/simple
    Tonight's Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/rTZJdgvAYk234Fyw/

Hiya pal.

Funny coincidence that I'm checking the forums out of boredom eh, but I'll have a chat with you at some point tomorrow about it & see if I can help you anymore now that you've properly raided on a Holydin.

Speak to you tomorrow, sweetie. X

Quote Originally Posted by Cathbad View Post
    I've been playing my Holy Paladin for the past couple of days, and have managed to get her geared to item level ~630. Whilst I have enjoyed it in some circumstances, I have found it to be quite clunky and slow in others. My current main is a Restoration Shaman, but since our only Holy Paladin left the guild yesterday, I was given the opportunity to give my Holy Paladin a whirl in tonight's heroic raid. Strangely, in pretty poor gear, I was pushing out some good numbers and seemed able to stay quite close to the rest of the healing team who are all in 650+ gear.

I have found that holy light is incredibly slow and leave much to be desired. On the other hand, I am using Holy Prism and finding this to be incredibly overpowered. It seriously fills out the metres (I know this isn't everything), but when it's on cooldown I find my numbers plummeting. I was just wondering what people thought about Holy Paladins at the moment. No doubt, they are strong in some situations, but I found that it was difficult to decide on who to heal, and what to heal with. This was particularly noticeable on Ko'ragh. I suppose the crux of my issue is that I am deliberating over spell choice too much. I wonder whether people with a bit more experience in playing Holy Paladin in WoD could share their insights and help me to improve.

My Armoury: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...as/Love/simple
    Tonight's Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/rTZJdgvAYk234Fyw/
    Use the Fix my heals-thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hi there, lifetime holy pally here.

at your ilvl holy light is weak. Even when I had a 630 weapon, 680 ring, and a few warforged pieces I was not comfortable with my healing. But then I got my crit (12%+) and haste (20%+) up and everything changed. My heals are below 2sec and I can heal an entire dungeon with eternal flame and holy shocks (with the occasional HL). I also found that playing with selfless healer helped when running heroics early on with ilvl 615-625 tanks as well. That 100k insta-crit FoL every 10sec or so was always rewarding.

keep gearing up... you'll notice a huge difference when you get up to 640.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miskat0nic View Post
    Use the Fix my heals-thread.
    Indeed. If you do need help still, please make use of the Fix my heals! thread.

Closing.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!