Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Taskmaster Gurran being farmed by bots on every realm

This is amazing. I made a ticket about this a month ago and received no response. I just created a new character and saw a lvl 98 Death Knight farming this mob. Server hopped a few times and it seems to be happening on every realm. When are they going to nerf the scaling bugged exp off this mob?

Tickets are not the right way to report things like this.

Use: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/submit/hacks.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is he being farmed though? His loot table doesn't show anything significant.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

The level 1s (level 1 characters can't drown, turns out) camping all the spawn locations of Poseidus would like a word with you. (and I'd like to drive over their operators with a tank.)
    Free to play games explained: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS4VRbsjZrQ

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    The level 1s (level 1 characters can't drown, turns out) camping all the spawn locations of Poseidus would like a word with you. (and I'd like to drive over their operators with a tank.)
    wait what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozles View Post
    wait what?
    Yeah it's something that has been going on since late Cata. Blizzard knows about it and they don't give a fuck. Basically there's people using level 1 bots to farm Posidus spawn points. Since it only spawns once a week it kinds fucks over anyone that is trying to get it legitimately. Especially since it goes for about 120k in most servers.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

what does botting him achieve? doesn't drop anything worthwhile lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Yeah it's something that has been going on since late Cata. Blizzard knows about it and they don't give a fuck. Basically there's people using level 1 bots to farm Posidus spawn points. Since it only spawns once a week it kinds fucks over anyone that is trying to get it legitimately. Especially since it goes for about 120k in most servers.
    well that's lame. wouldn't he one shot a level 1 though?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats what I was wondering

10+ Year Old Account
    As soon as it spawns they use another account with an 85+ character to get to were that bot that found the mount was.

Most farmers have multiple accounts running various bot scripts. If one account gets permaban they can just make another and continue on their merry farming. You should have seen Shattered Halls back in late Cataclysm it was a fucking joke. There was always like 50+ bots farming the dungeon nonstop.
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

120k in a week? Lol worthless to farm.. Can make more than that botting in a couple days

As soon as it spawns they use another account with an 85+ character to get to were that bot that found the mount was.

Most farmers have multiple accounts running various bot scripts. If one account gets permaban they can just make another and continue on their merry farming. You should have seen Shattered Halls back in late Cataclysm it was a fucking joke. There was always like 50+ bots farming the dungeon nonstop.
    that seems like a lot of work for 120k.

10+ Year Old Account
    that seems like a lot of work for 120k.
    Hey not saying it's practical, but I guess if you are running like 30 accounts at any given time it probably wont kill you to have a couple of them farming a mount.
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Could make easily 30k a day with one account.. Sounds like a waste.
    However

http://www.wowuction.com/us/area-52/...s/67151#tabs=4

Shows average around 250k gold
    While wowhead shows 160k

So maybe it would be worth it

Why is he being farmed though? His loot table doesn't show anything significant.
    He is a mob that is needed to complete a level 90 quest. The thing is he has a bugged exp table (giving me 5K for a full kill, went up when I hit 91 to test it) meaning you can just set up a bot to farm this mob indefinitely to 100. Add that to his quick respawn, low damage and health pretty much makes him the most efficient way to afk level from 90-100.

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    That doesn't require a bot.

Who in the right mind pays 120k for subdued seahorse? (the mount dropped by poseidus). It is a water only green seahorse that very few people will ever see you riding on.

On another question, how does a level 1 get to vashjr if it requires a quest available at 80? In Cata you waited for a boat in the place that the boat going to northend was and did a series of quests to get to waterworld where you would learn waterbreathing without choking etc. I fail to see the feasibility of a level 1 getting to vashjr much less surviving it. Even more, every mob would aggro it even if it got that far. This seems like science fiction.'

N.B I got my subdued seahorse back in Cata by practically living in Vashjr. I was the first on my realm to get it and I was broken by the experience. I was never able to devote limitless hours to fishing/archeo/camping since then.

Quote Originally Posted by LordBalkoth View Post
    I was broken by the experience.
    Lol yikes.

Deleted
    Who in the right mind pays 120k for subdued seahorse? (the mount dropped by poseidus). It is a water only green seahorse that very few people will ever see you riding on.

On another question, how does a level 1 get to vashjr if it requires a quest available at 80? In Cata you waited for a boat in the place that the boat going to northend was and did a series of quests to get to waterworld where you would learn waterbreathing without choking etc. I fail to see the feasibility of a level 1 getting to vashjr much less surviving it. Even more, every mob would aggro it even if it got that far. This seems like science fiction.'

N.B I got my subdued seahorse back in Cata by practically living in Vashjr. I was the first on my realm to get it and I was broken by the experience. I was never able to devote limitless hours to fishing/archeo/camping since then.
    summon stone

10+ Year Old Account
    People still pay upwards of 50k for the Crimson Death Charger and that's just a recolor of the DK mount. So yeah, I never underestimate the average players ability to throw away all their gold on a useless vanity item.
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.