Updated video drivers - Max resolution decreased?

So a couple nights ago I decided to update to the latest nVidia graphics drivers. Today however, I'm finding that my max resolution has been reduced.

I've got a 23" Samsung monitor, and the resolution is usually some 2000 x 1100 number, but now it seems to be locked at 1920x1080. And as a result, everything is noticeably blurrier/fuzzier than normal.

What the hell happened? Should I just roll back to a previous driver? And if so, how/where should I get those previous drivers?

Using an EVGA GTX 460, btw.

Ah, there we go. Rolled back the drivers through Device Manager and got my resolution back to the proper 2048 x 1152.

Fuckin' nVidia...what is it with them and releasing buggy drivers that fuck up your GPU?
    Last edited by anon5123; 2014-12-17 at 04:12 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    1920x1080 is a pretty standard resolution for 16:9 ratios. Don't know of any monitors with a resolution even remotely close to what you're mentioning.

What is the model on the monitor? Also, what type of connection are you using?

EDIT: Ah apparently that resolution is a thing as uncommon as it is.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Deleted
    Or maybe a matter of not doing a proper clean uninstall first.