Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Best MMO Launches You've Seen?

What are some of the best MMO launches that you've seen?

Such a thing does not exist. Unless you are asking which MMO had the less problems out of all the rest I would say GW2. Besides long loading screens, I had zero issues and overflow removed que times too.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I recall Rift having a flawless launch, and maybe AoC.

Rift did not have a "flawless" launch. However, it was one of the smoothest up to that point in MMO launches and was notable as such among several news outlets.

GW2, sort of, only problems i had where loading screens

SWTOR had a perfectly smooth launch for me and I recall that was the norm for people. Launched with Aus servers too so that was a huge bonus.

I remember Rifts being not so bad. SWToR wasn't that bad for me. FF14: ARR only sucked when you couldn't get on the game. Once you were in, the game itself went pretty smooth. Wildstar's launch pretty smooth for me, too, if I remember correctly. The original server I wanted to be on filled super quickly, so I chose one of the lesser filled ones and it went smoothly after that. Of those four that I put down, I'd say Rift was the best. At least for my personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    SWTOR had a perfectly smooth launch for me and I recall that was the norm for people. Launched with Aus servers too so that was a huge bonus.
    Shows how reliable your memory is. SWTOR did NOT launch with AU servers. They came afterward and free transfers were offered.

MoP was pretty good, I didn't experience any problems besides the occasional lag.

GW2 went off great.

If you put FF14 in here you're a silly silly person.

10+ Year Old Account
    ESO's servers worked perfectly fine, the only real issue was quest bugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Warlords of Draenor

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Aezral View Post
    Warlords of Draenor
    joking right?
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    MoP was pretty good, I didn't experience any problems besides the occasional lag.

GW2 went off great.

If you put FF14 in here you're a silly silly person.
    I respect FFXIV's launch because of them halting sales during the first week's problem, as well as giving us a free week, and it being very rare to even find one in a store to buy. Smoothest one I can think of is GW:2. Leveled it out to level 30 before I went to bed (was the goal I set months before the game came out), had no issues.

That I can remember in recent years...

Rift: No super major bugs, but they opened a bajillion servers to accommodate the launch rush. This bit them in the ass later, but it definitely dealt with the huge server queues that normally come with launch.

TSW: No super major bugs or server issues, but from what I remember, there were a ton of minor bugs that broke various quests. It's probably one of the only MMO's that I can't remember seeing dozens of articles covering its launch issues.

I want to say Tera as well, but I honestly can't remember enough of the launch when I played. I have vague memories of it launching super smoothly, but those could totally be fake -_-

GW2 was pretty good. There were some issues, but most were solved in about half a day.

That said; I don't expect MMO launches to be smooth. Why would they? On launch day you mostly have everyone trying to get on at once. It's completely illogical (from a business point of view) to over-invest on server space, just so you can accommodate for those initial few days.

That said, GW2 had other issues. The overflow servers made it so it was practically impossible to group up with friends early on, as we kept getting ported into different overflow servers. (Issue was solved in a day or 2 as well though)

As for WoD; it definitely wasn't smooth. But blizzard was quite on top of things; they fixed issues quite quickly and although the first 3 days were pretty bad, it was mostly smooth sailing from sunday/monday onward.

Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post
    GW2 was pretty good. There were some issues, but most were solved in about half a day.
    Am I the only one that remembers how the AH was fucked for like, the first 2-3 weeks? Or how the overflow servers were mostly busted for weeks on end? >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    GW2. Played on launch date and had little to no issues whatsoever.

Could be me misremembering things though as I quit about a week after hitting 80 and did not return until 2014.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    ESO's servers worked perfectly fine, the only real issue was quest bugs.
    I'd have to say this one, or Rift. TESO was absolutely RIDDLED with bugs, but the servers were stable. Rift had some minor hiccups, but it wasn't anything compared to say, every fucking expansion launch of WoW.

Also, the SECOND launch of FF14 wasn't bad at all, but I guess that was to be expected as it WAS the second launch. I only played for the first month, but I never had any server-side issues, and I never ran across any bugs. Granted, I only got to about 11 or so lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

TSW: No super major bugs or server issues, but from what I remember, there were a ton of minor bugs that broke various quests. It's probably one of the only MMO's that I can't remember seeing dozens of articles covering its launch issues.

Didn't that game only have like 50,000 people at launch though? Or am I thinking of something else?
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That I can remember in recent years...

Rift: No super major bugs, but they opened a bajillion servers to accommodate the launch rush. This bit them in the ass later, but it definitely dealt with the huge server queues that normally come with launch.
    I remember that there was some problem in the exactly first location, but generally, and compared to some terrible launches it was rather smooth.
    Same for SW: TOR. I remember that i was angry for some reason, there were some perfomance issues, but also i am pretty sure i played on day1 and progressed OK.