View Poll Results: Would you still marry her?

Voters
222. This poll is closed
  • Yes

90 40.54%
  • No

67 30.18%
  • I need more info

65 29.28%
Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Would you marry someone with a secret they wouldn't share?

Say you wanted to marry this girl. She says she'll agree but only on one condition. She has this 3' x 3' sealed box that you may never know the contents of, you can't even ask what's in it. Would you still marry her? I'm using the grammatical "her" in this case.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Sure, but she is never getting a look in number 2 compartment of my gun safe.

Boxes tend to have 3 dimensions, not 2. I need to be able to gauge the size of the whole box before I can apply my imagination and determine my answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Sure, i'll tell people i'm close to basically everything (even really embarrassing things) - But there's things i've done that i'm not proud off that i'd rather not discuss and just forget about.

Loaded question, that. Is this my current fiancee? Someone who's just agreed to marry me out of the blue? Is he or she otherwise the vision of perfection?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapheiros View Post
    This. Please can Blizzard get their act together and get the art department to start working on class balance. It's getting ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    It's like when you grunt when you hit the ball in tennis, the exhalation of air gives the shot more power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rich nailed it on the head. As long as she stays out of the gun safe we're good

It's like the standard horror setting: Box contains the head of her most recent previous boyfriend/husband, so every time her new partner get too curious and open the box, off goes his head and she goes looking for another lover.

"If only you never opened the box like I told you to....but it's okay, we will be together forever"
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    No, But then again love is a very strange and illogical thing, which is an exercise of FAITH by design. Can't say what others should do with their hearts!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Say you wanted to marry this girl. She says she'll agree but only on one condition. She has this 3' x 3' sealed box that you may never know the contents of, you can't even ask what's in it. Would you still marry her? I'm using the grammatical "her" in this case.
    I chose I need more info, but honestly, I guess more on the Yes side - If I'm going to marry someone (I am married..) I'm going to look past some things to make the relationship happen. Marriage is no freaken joke - People think it's all fun and games and stuff, and let me tell you - it's no picnic, you have to be ALL IN, or it's going to fail HARD.

Nah, it would eat away at me over time, I'd rather not deal with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Secrets = lying
    Liars have no place in my life...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Secrets = lying
    It's not lying unless she tells you it is what it isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapheiros View Post
    This. Please can Blizzard get their act together and get the art department to start working on class balance. It's getting ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    It's like when you grunt when you hit the ball in tennis, the exhalation of air gives the shot more power.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Secrets = lying
    what's your bank account number with pin?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Marriage is about open communication. If "she is going to put a stipulation on the marriage then what else will she do later in the marriage?

been married 18 years now. Wife can look at my phone, go through my things, whatever. I do not care. I have NOTHING to hide from her. And if people want to "keep some things private" in their lives, then maybe they shouldn't get married....

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds a lot like this story....

http://sfglobe.com/?id=3888

Only as long as she assures me it's not her testicles left over from a sex change.
    『Fun Removed by DPRK 』

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm marrying someone who has lots of secrets they won't share with me.

What is it made of, I got a drill and an inspection camera

10+ Year Old Account
    She either keeps it fully secret (as in, never reveal the existence of the box), or she tells me what is inside.
    It's

"I have no secrets for you, honey"
    VS
    "Never look in the box. NEVER!"