Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I guess you ignored the part where I said it said nothing about ti being limited. It gives u 10 days it even has the WoD box on ur account with a 10day on it.
    As far as I can remember you've always had to have the expansion paid for in order to level past the former level cap. This is nothing new.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    yea i got one of those emails as well. i might actually check it out, the story and leveling is really what im after so hopefully i can experience enough of it to make a judgement on if i want to buy it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    As far as I can remember you've always had to have the expansion paid for in order to level past the former level cap. This is nothing new.
    I just kind of figured whatever charater I leveled pass 90 was locked until I get the xpac. Kinda like what they did if u bought WoD and then boosted a charater then refunded it.

Its just annoying that I wasted some time and xp and figured I would get to do more. I know this is mainly my problem it just bugged me is all and figured I would let others know this will happen to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    yea i got one of those emails as well. i might actually check it out, the story and leveling is really what im after so hopefully i can experience enough of it to make a judgement on if i want to buy it or not.
    From what I played I am more closer to buying it. But would have liked to seen more. Otherwise I would have ether waited until after the first of the year or a sell.

Just depends what all other games I wanted first.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard just sent out some come and play WOD for 10 day trails. I though this was cool and would give me a chance to try it before buying it.
    Well I was doing quest's and enjoying myself and after I started my garrson I noticed something. I am still level 90 and I am 1xp away from being level 91. I though to myself no way I am that unlucky so I turned in another quest and noticed I didn't level up.

This is highly annoying and I wasted a decent amount of Xp doing both Dungeons/Quests before I notice this. I was set on hitting level 100 and come the first of the year buying the collector of WoD and some gametime. But this is a big slap in the face to me.....

I am still interested in checking WoD out but now what is the point in playing those 10 days if I can't even level up. Now I would understand if I was level 100 and I was locked out of all raid modes but not being able to level and yet say come play WoD for 10 days for free is just annoying.

/End Rant.
    Well you are playing WoD for free. You just aren't leveling. why the hell would they let you hit level 100 and do EVERYTHING on a Trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Well you are playing WoD for free. You just aren't leveling. why the hell would they let you hit level 100 and do EVERYTHING on a Trial.
    Hitting level 100 is not doing everything........

Once more they should have worded it better because no where on the service dose it state ur limited in anyway.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    I may have missed that where was it located? It wasn't in the email I got.

Where other games release demo clients for you to download, Blizzard instead restricts you server side since its an mmorpg.
    Sounds very normal. One level is enough to see the game, you can still test out different classes on your account during thos 10 days.

Deleted
    Now you could argue it's not a great demo, but I thought the initial intro to Dreanor and the setting up of the story was pretty good.

But you can't complain about what the "demo" is, they put it right there for you to read.
    Last edited by mmocd3e258d247; 2014-12-19 at 08:01 AM.

Sounds like a fair trial to me, it's not there for you to plow through half the content.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard just sent out some come and play WOD for 10 day trails. I though this was cool and would give me a chance to try it before buying it.
    Well I was doing quest's and enjoying myself and after I started my garrson I noticed something. I am still level 90 and I am 1xp away from being level 91. I though to myself no way I am that unlucky so I turned in another quest and noticed I didn't level up.

This is highly annoying and I wasted a decent amount of Xp doing both Dungeons/Quests before I notice this. I was set on hitting level 100 and come the first of the year buying the collector of WoD and some gametime. But this is a big slap in the face to me.....

I am still interested in checking WoD out but now what is the point in playing those 10 days if I can't even level up. Now I would understand if I was level 100 and I was locked out of all raid modes but not being able to level and yet say come play WoD for 10 days for free is just annoying.

/End Rant.
    You want the ENTIRE leveling experience for FREE? Come now, try and listen to what you're saying. I got to 100 in 4 days. The trial being 10 days is just to give people with less time more chance to play.

Now you could argue it's not a great demo, but I thought the initial intro to Dreanor and the setting up of the story was pretty good. But you can't complain that they didn't tell you this was what the "demo" was because you didn't read what this actually involved...
    Well it never said that in the email and adding the time is 2 button clicks.

I will admit maybe I should have looked into it more but they also should have worded the email a lot better.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    World Of Warcraft, the leveling experience is absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of the actual game.

Unfortunately, in WoD, a lot of the actual game play is being shut out from you on a trial.

What is the point of asking someone to "Hey, come have a look at our new Expansion, check out the new features maybe resub?" if you cannot see any of the new features because they are locked.

If I was a player who had unsubbed and was given a 10 day trial, specifically because of lack of content or was disgruntled at the amount of dailies in MoP, I would not resub untill I was able to see at least past 98+

I will admit maybe I should have looked into it more but they also should have worded the email a lot better.
    Demo, Trial, Test, Try,
    I believe these words themselfs would make people understand that they don't get a full game for a 10 days period.

The mail has a link at the bottom saying "For more information about the Warlords of Draenor trial, visit our support article.". Clicking that takes you to the support article. That article says:

Your characters can gain experience until they are one experience point below level 91.
    Don't go spouting nonsense about Blizzard not telling you there are restrictions if you yourself simply don't read them.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    World Of Warcraft, the leveling experience is absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of the actual game.

Unfortunately, in WoD, a lot of the actual game play is being shut out from you on a trial.

What is the point of asking someone to "Hey, come have a look at our new Expansion, check out the new features maybe resub?" if you cannot see any of the new features because they are locked.

If I was a player who had unsubbed and was given a 10 day trial, specifically because of lack of content or was disgruntled at the amount of dailies in MoP, I would not resub untill I was able to see at least past 98+
    This is how I felt about it personally.

I mean really you barely get to see anything in the first zone. But like I said I should have looked at the service on there website I guess because the email didn't make it clear that I was limited.

Deleted

Sorry I'm failing a lot doing this from my phone that's marketing for you, all the lovely stuff you want to hear up front then the quickly worded terms and conditions.

The image is from the "for more information on the warlords trial" link at the bottom of the email
    Last edited by mmocd3e258d247; 2014-12-19 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    The mail has a link at the bottom saying "For more information about the Warlords of Draenor trial, visit our support article.". Clicking that takes you to the support article. That article says:

Don't go spouting nonsense about Blizzard not telling you there are restrictions if you yourself simply don't read them.
    mmm ya mine dosen't say that.....

Once again as well it should be pointed out clear in the email itself since getting the time is 2 button clicks away from getting the game time.

Its still lame as hell and pointless. You can not experince enough in 99% of a level to fully decide if its worth buying or even half decide. The only reason WoD is on my radar is because the lack of games atm so I was considering it. This dose not give enough and in truth the level 1-20 trail gives more.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry I'm failing a lot doing this from my phone that's marketing for you, all the lovely stuff you want to hear up front then the quickly worded terms and conditions. They could have even made a Popup window when u logged in that told u as well.

The image is from the "for me information on the warlords trial" link at the bottom of the email
    True. I am not admitting all fault on blizzard it is 50/50. It should be a lot more clear what I could and couldn't do in the email since like I said it is 2 button clicks away from gametime and a lot can be overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post

At level 91 you've experienced the main story. You have tried a class or several, you've seen the new animations (unless belf), you are able to try out PvP, you've checked out their new feature Garrisons. Trials should not be able to raid or do rated PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's because if you DON'T actually own WoD when the 10 days wears off, any character that is over level 90 would be locked out, and you wouldn't be able to play them until you got it. Is that what you wanted?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.