View Poll Results: Would you be ok with Blizz selling BOE world/raid trash drops in the cash shop?

Voters
49. This poll is closed
  • Yes

12 24.49%
  • No

37 75.51%

Should Blizz sell BOE epics in the cash shop?

Since it seems Blizz will soon have the gameplay tokens in game to buy with real money to sell for gold, would you be ok if they just sold the 655-670 BOE's that drop off mobs and Highmaul trash? Some of the BOE's are excellent such as the Candle and Scarrab trinkets which are pretty much BIS until Mythic raiding which less then 10% of the Wow population will ever see if we go by history.

It would basically just save peoples time instead of buying the tokens which will be legal in game. Instead of:

Buy game token(s) with real money ---> sell in trade for gold ---- > buy BOE off Auction House

It would just be:

Buy BOE from Cash Shop ------> Get it from your mailbox

It's the exact same thing, just saving the time of spamming trade to sell your token(s) to get the gold/item. I can't raid fulltime anymore or play like I used to, so I wouldn't mind just dropping say $100 to have better gear for a tier then others who have time to raid and play the game, especially since some BOE's better then Heroic gear (trinkets especially).

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Chingylol; 2014-12-20 at 02:00 AM.

Ah I do love a good old false equivalence

Please don't suggest something this disgusting ever again, thanks.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

/10chars

As if you haven't read in the other hilarious thread, selling the game time tokens IS NOT pay to win and is not them selling gold either. They sell the game time for real money then you get gold from another player, no gold is generated in the exchange at all.

That is why it will have no measurable impact on the economy of any server.

That is all.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

Of course not. They're not even closely related in the slightest. One is you playing the game as always with no advantages over anyone else and another is using real world money to bypass time commitment itself for rewards. The only thing even remotely close to this would be if the BMAH started having unlimited numbers on certain gear that popped up and you bought instead of bid.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

But it's literally the same thing as buying game tokens, selling them in trade, and using the gold to buy BOE's off the AH, unless I'm missing something here. All you're doing is saving time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    But it's literally the same thing as buying game tokens, selling them in trade, and using the gold to buy BOE's off the AH, unless I'm missing something here. All you're doing is saving time.
    BoE epics are a finite supply currently, as a raid must be formed for them to drop. Essentially creating an infinite supply by putting them on the store is completely different than buying them from other people

The OP is comparing something fact to fiction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    BoE epics are a finite supply currently, as a raid must be formed for them to drop. Essentially creating an infinite supply by putting them on the store is completely different than buying them from other people
    This. The change will not be "pay 2 win" as all the end of wow doomsday morons want you to believe. I've had millions of gold for years and still haven't won WoW. Whiners gonna whine.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd have to be braindead to compare exchanging game time to circumventing the RNG and raid requirements needed to get gear. Completely different things.

I know you're trolling with this topic, of course. But its still really freakin' stupid of you to try and compare the 2.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Buying BoEs inserts something into the market that was never there. Buying game tokens doesn't generate gold, it generates gametime, something outside of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just a matter of time and it's going to happen sooner than you think. They've been taking steps twards it for a long time. Conditioning the playerbase to accept it. The time is near.

The amount of BoE gear in the game currently is limited by low drop rates and the BMAH.

Adding a way for people to get more gold from other players (without actually creating new gold in the game) has no effect on game balance where BoE gear is concerned.

If you could BUY GOLD from Blizzard, as in, pay cash for new gold, that would be another source of gold in the game, which would have to be offset by more gold sinks.

If you could BUY EQUIPMENT from Blizzard, as in, pay cash for raid gear, then that would be another source of equipment in the game, which would clearly create disadvantages for players who didn't want to shell out RL money for more gear.

Creating items with no direct effect on play that can be purchased in the shop, then traded for gold (or whatever), has an entirely different impact on the game than outright selling items that increase character power.

Blizzard knows this and anyone who looks at these situations with any kind of discernment knows it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    It's just a matter of time and it's going to happen sooner than you think. They've been taking steps twards it for a long time. Conditioning the playerbase to accept it. The time is near.
    Until/unless WoW goes F2P, which the current team has never hinted is even a remote possibility, and which would be an epically stupid move considering the immense cash flow from the current model, there will NEVER be anything that directly increases character power for sale by Blizzard.

NEVER.

Deleted
    It depends...

Would this feature cost or fund a raid tier?

15+ Year Old Account
    Can people please STOP taking what ever blizz does (or thinking of doing) to an FUCKING extreme?
    Blizz offers boost top 90, u ppl cry and say "ZOMG, WHAT IF BLIZZ WILL START TO SELL FULLY GEARED CHARACTERS??????????????"

Dont u ever stop and think before u making these kind of posts?

And, im fairly sure they WILL 1 day sell gear in their store....when only 500.000people play the game, but not until then
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    We closed this exact thread earlier. There is no reason to make such a comparison except to upset the forum.