When to use Spinning Crane Kick?

As a windwalker, could anyone fill me in on this? Is it basically whenever theres 3+ targets in replace of jab?

Thanks in advance, just leveled my monk to 100 a few days ago and now that I have SEF and the opening rotation figured out this is pretty much my last question.

Sorry if this has been asked before, searched spinning crane kick and couldn't find anything.

Also random rant but I'm using the alch trinket and oh my god this thing is so infuriating lol, building chi pre-pull with expel harm = all the wrong procs D:
    Last edited by Dizzzzzzzzz; 2014-12-19 at 09:30 AM.

it depends on the fight really, but tbh the only fights in highmaul when its needed would be tectus or heroic/mythic imperator mar'gok. but even those fights there are better classes suited for that style of aoe. you could surely run rushing jade wind on tectus instead of xuen if you really want to contribute to aoe, but i have found that popping your SEF clones and continuing on as normal is the best way. if were talking 5 mans and trash pulls and what not then SEF with RJW is OP, otherwise i honestly have never found myself using SCK, esp with how strong our cleave it as the moment

7+ Year Old Account
    It is optimal to use SCK or RJW on tectus.

Awesome, thanks for the responses

TLDR not optimal to use. Also the poster above is incorrect on using RJW on tectus or any cleave fight for that matter with chi explosion. Due to a lack of haste chi ex/xuen is optimal for all cleave fights. The amount of chi you waste on RJW could be used on chi ex instead. Don't trust the trolls

Quote Originally Posted by Tibbets View Post
    TLDR not optimal to use. Also the poster above is incorrect on using RJW on tectus or any cleave fight for that matter with chi explosion. Due to a lack of haste chi ex/xuen is optimal for all cleave fights. The amount of chi you waste on RJW could be used on chi ex instead. Don't trust the trolls
    If you're gunna call someone out as a troll at least give some evidence to back it up.

I'd argue that RJW is pretty damn good for last phase on Tectus if you do the double-push tactic on mythic, since you have 10 targets up and it's all about burst AoE with trinket+lust+TEB+energizing brew etc. I pulled 52k on this weeks kill, was only beaten by our 679 dk. Would be a rank 1 but we private log atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Out of curiosity, how do you properly use chi xplosion on a cleave fight? Ive found everytime I need to use it, getting 4 chi takes way too much energy to use that I have to delay a rising sun kick or fist of fury

Deleted
    RJW is the shit on Mythic Tectus, don't act all knowing when you have little clue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mjolnrik View Post
    Out of curiosity, how do you properly use chi xplosion on a cleave fight? Ive found everytime I need to use it, getting 4 chi takes way too much energy to use that I have to delay a rising sun kick or fist of fury
    If I remember when using chi exp. you never delay FoF, but you only use rsk for the debuff, the ww sticky is getting abit long, but there's some good stuff in it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Tibbets, you really are terribly uninformed. Go read the top logs on mythic tectus and get back to me.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Clearly this guy doesnt follow his own advice. You have to be a troll to say that you are wasting chi on RJW....because it requires chi to use right?

Quote Originally Posted by Opkorean View Post
    Clearly this guy doesnt follow his own advice. You have to be a troll to say that you are wasting chi on RJW....because it requires chi to use right?
    He means that by using RJW you have less chi for Chi Explosion, because RJW is 1 chi vs Jab which gives 2. Just poor wording. He's wrong anyway though, RJW is sick for tectus.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

RJW used to be not worth it pre-chiex nerf (which happened during beta). Maybe he hasn't caught onto that.

yeah on a fight like tectus RJW is worth the less chi per energy spent. esp since RSK is only used to apply the debuff and not on cooldown, most of the top monks on mythic tectus are running with xuen, for the active cleave and spamming SCK only breaking for TP/RSK and chi exp