Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    A lot more 5-mans with the difficulty of TBC heroics, where you need to CC and the rewards actually feel rewarding.
    That didn't work in Cataclysm, and I don't think it'll work now either.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    That didn't work in Cataclysm, and I don't think it'll work now either.
    It didn't work because of the LFG tool. Just have easy level 100 LFG dungeons, like the four dungeons you get now at level 100, and then have heroic dungeons that you can't queue for. Like Challenge Mode dungeons.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2014-12-21 at 07:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikkarus View Post
    Well, you have an entire continent to explore, quests, treasures, events, you have battle pets and followers to collect, you have achivments and some of the buildings of your garrison gives you quests with interesting rewards, you have a few heroic dungeons and 4 difficulties of Highmaul..Yeah, some stuff is easier to get such as the FIRST PVP set, some mechanics are not as good as it should, yes, and I agree that they could give a better purpose for the heroic dungeons, but WoD has more content them any expansion till now, so..I dont know what you want..

You want they remove all this and let you run heroics over and over and over again to farm stuff? or run battlegrounds again and again and again only to buy the first piece of the pvp set? Is that fun for you?
    Yep i will rather run 500 Bgs or dungeons in order to get 1 piece of PvP/PvE gear then run 10 of them and get every single gear first week after release of expansion.
    I dont even feel any sense of accomplishment since char progression till Mythic is so fast and easy to achieve. I want grind my ass off but i also want proper rewards for it. Not like WoD reputation grind what will give low rare gear and some stupid vannity items what nobady cares about.

I do wish there was more to the daily garrison quest than "go here and kill stuff until the blue bar fills up". Why couldn't there be sabotage missions, or something like that? Where you have to do things besides just kill stuff all day long. The one in Nagrand has a little bit of that, but there could have been so much more.
    Feel like you have a target on your back around here?

Knowing this place, you probably do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    So what do you do?
    Mostly flail and scream.

Haha.

Mostly garrison stuff (which includes making gold playing the ah), and the rest more dabbling than going all in. A few achieves, knocking out some quests I missed during leveling process, some pet battles, some dungeons (for the inn quests, or just to test out new spec/talent/etc setups), hunting down followers (which includes some rep faction stuff, brawlers guild, pvp, etc)

Haven't gone too hard on the rep factions or achieves yet.

Still leveling my alts. Splitting time between questing and pet battling for the leveling, and screwing around with Garrison stuff.

After a couple alts are at cap I'll start mount / pet hunting on the main.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    Leveling an alt shouldn't be considered content, that's just repeating what you've already done.

- - - Updated - - -

You can't spend the whole day doing raids if you raid at set times during the week, so please get off your high horse. Leveling to 100 in 24 hours is irrelevant here, that is well over a month ago now, everyone has had the chance to get a character to 100 and go through all the content by now, so it's not an argument.

Exactly.
    And yeah theres damn near nothing at all to do in WoD. Log in, do garrison stuff, if ur not raiding ur done for the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly they just need to give us dailies back. But not in the way that they did them in MoP 5.0. Just give us hubs to go to and do stuff for. I mean there IS stuff to do in the world but they don;t really tell you where it is or how to do it. There is no direction really and what stuff there IS to do is really really grindy.

Ill take daily quests over the current "kill thousands of mobs for rep" any day.

Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    Are all of these complaints about lack of content, bottom line, about the lack of dailies?

I mean I have had no shortage of things to do. On the other hand about this time in MoP I felt like there was nothing to do, because it seemed like *all there was* to do was dailies. It was about this time I cancelled MoP until 5.2, which is where that expansion hit the sweet spot for content for me.
    Again, though, I've found WoD content to be plenty for me, but if people truly feel like the game needs dailies to feel like it has content, I'm all for that, as long as we have plenty of options for open-ended content too.
    Exactly my thinking on it. This expansion by far has more content than MOP it is just missing the daily rep grind. Im not sure if people are misremembering how much there was to do or if they really enjoyed the dailies. Its true that theres nothing literally forcing or enticing you to log in everyday. But this expansion has been more about "create your own experience" with everything you can do being optional or not exactly obvious at first.
    I just think some people struggle with that concept and need clear cut goals laid out for them everyday.

I would really like to hear peoples opinions on this. What were you doing at this exact same time on MOP? Remember that Patch 5.1 wasn't out yet and neither were Heart of Fear or Terrace.
    Last edited by IxilaFA; 2014-12-21 at 07:21 PM.

Call me crazy, but I miss daily quests. I agree, there was to much in MoP. I was hoping for some of that in WoD.. Dailys I could log in and to while working for exalted status and get mount rewards in the end.
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Random Word View Post

Apexis can't be farmed in any efficient way, other than the daily assault quest.
    Heroics only give garrison supplies, that most people don't even need.

Here's a mindblowing notion. Maybe the fact why heroics have such long queues, especially as dps, is not because there are too many people doing them, but because there are too few people interested, as there is literally no reason at all to farm heroics and once you got your decent ilevel required to join LFR, hcs got nil for you. Also add the fact that many people buy AH boes instead of farming gear.

So now, that we concluded heroic farming is a thing of the past. Let's look at the other options for spending time in WoW.

*LFR. Okay, should take you about 30 min to complete it.
    *Ashran. Depending on the faction balance, it should take you 1 hour tops if your faction is winning, or it may not even be worth joining it (ie. Horde on Sylvanas). Well that's if you enjoy zerg pvp anyway.
    *Battlegrounds. Considering how fast you get geared with welfare pvp gear (now comes in boxes too, so you don't by any chance waste any time gearing in an...MMO), it should take you a 2-3 days at the very most to get fully geared.
    *Arenas. Ok, the time required for capping is now even shorter. Not that it took you long in previous expansions anyway.

Other than the raids I do 3 times per week, 3 hours each, there is nothing for me to do that would keep me occupied for more than 1 hour.

-weird I have like every raid below Mop raids on farm each week takes me roughly 2 days.
    -LFR is a joke now I agree and with personal loot ruining the LFR concept yea.
    -AshRan if the developers werent so retarded they would simply have it open more instances just like a Battleground when its full.
    -Battlegrounds well I dont go in to get gear just focus on having fun. Laugh it use to take me 1 day to get fully geared from honor points so you must of either sucked or been slow.
    -Arena's well why not just focus on getting a good rating you do know you can keep playing and earning a better rating after you cap each week (well if you arent bad)

You stated 3 raids 3 hours each then you say it doesn't occupy you for more then a hour that seems like a asinine statement...

-Garrisons take up to 30 mins per day if you arent mentally challenged.

-Apexis Shards can be farmed pretty efficiantly unless your a warrior. I make over 1k a day just farming mobs.

-Reputations in dailys no thanks Its bad enough its back and you have to kill x amount of mobs to get rep for toys and useless junk. Don't forget your bodyguard you have to kill 2000 creatures to max level them.

Heroics are pretty scrub I agree but its just your battlegroup that has to wait so long. My battlegroup is insta queue.

Dailies Thank god they are gone.

Anything else you want to express?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    Leveling an alt shouldn't be considered content, that's just repeating what you've already done.

So... just like dailies and farming hc dungeons?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    s.
    -LFR is a joke now I agree and with personal loot ruining the LFR concept yea.
    By getting rid of ninjas, you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Random Word View Post

Oh and if you're gonna suggest doing achievements and pet battles, go have sexual intercourse with yourself.
    I'll not dignify your rant with a sarcastic answer. Or will I, Mister Johnny Awesome?

I hope you put on your flamesuit OP, saying something bad about WoW in a WoW fan forum is like dressing up as meat and dance in the middle of a herd of lions.
    Not when so many people agree. Including myself.

Heroics are pretty scrub I agree but its just your battlegroup that has to wait so long. My battlegroup is insta queue.
    As a dps? I'm on one of the biggest EU realms in I have to wait 20+ minutes for the queue to pop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Mostly flail and scream.

Haha.

Mostly garrison stuff (which includes making gold playing the ah), and the rest more dabbling than going all in. A few achieves, knocking out some quests I missed during leveling process, some pet battles, some dungeons (for the inn quests, or just to test out new spec/talent/etc setups), hunting down followers (which includes some rep faction stuff, brawlers guild, pvp, etc)

Haven't gone too hard on the rep factions or achieves yet.

Still leveling my alts. Splitting time between questing and pet battling for the leveling, and screwing around with Garrison stuff.

After a couple alts are at cap I'll start mount / pet hunting on the main.
    So basically most of the stuff you're doing is garrison stuff and below level 100 content?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post
    So... just like dailies and farming hc dungeons?
    Well if you're doing dailies for the first time, you're not repeating them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    archeology is painful and pointless,
    you have to add here - for the poeple that dont know - that blizzard reseted EVERYONE that did archy since start and had nearly all done (i missed the troll sword and 2 tol'vir rares) got RESETED to have done ZERO rares and blizzard CANT be arsed to fix that....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sfeeney37 View Post
    You can't farm JP/VP any more but guess what? You can buy all you need with gold.
    in vanilla people would famr tyr's hand for hours for that - that still doesnt make it CONTENT.

Blizzard needs to realize that they need some form of endgame progression that isn't raiding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    Go do pet battles and achievements.
    Are you one of the guys who set MoP out because of "kung fu panda"? pet battles have been introduce in MOP so all archies done and the new ones are done in 5 mins (except [An Awfully Big Adventure] wich takes 3 weeks cause of the Celestial Tournament...). So if you havent missed out MOP all u do Pet Battle wise is 1 mins when u do the daily for the bag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Aye agree with the OP, out geared dungeons in a few weeks, did all the inn quests, did all the stables quests, no longer need apexis crystals, everything in my garrison upgraded, tried getting into PvP but ashran queues are 4 hours long on my servers (And horde overwhelm us on my main), raiding is full of elitist cunts (Though today's pug allowed me to get 5/7 normal, but broke apart after first wipe), scenarios are gone, no justice/valour to grind, rep grinds are a fucking joke and involve mindlessly stabbing the same mobs for a few hours... LEVELING was amazing but max level content dries up to weekly quests and missions...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Just checked: my toy box is full of rares, I have Zin Rok and my bug mount, I have the 20 rares achieve and the Professor title..what exactly got reset?
    check your archy tab then not your toy box cause thats where your archy you have done is tracked.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Dude, the Addon is a month old. That as nothing to do with "Getting 5 man gear in 3 days" (which, by the way, requiered only 5-6 dungeons).

I played every addon so far and of course there was always the points where nothing is left to do besides raiding. Except this points usually comes much, much later in the lifecycle of an addon.

The "there is content, you are just not interested in it!" argument is not entirely wrong, but also not entirely correct. E.g. myself. I do not like PVP and so i do not play anything that is connected to it (Arena, BGs) if i can avoid it. I know this is a big part of the game, but i am just not interested in it. This was never a problem in the past, because i had PVE stuff to do. This is not the case now.

- Heroics do not give gear or anything useful to develop my character further
    - Apexis is ok, but can only be farmed through extreme grinding (like REALLY extreme)
    - Challengemodes have the same problem as always: They are unrewarding. Sure, You can sometimes do one, and before LFR you could at least get decent gear from them, but this time is now over.
    - I always hated the LFR, but at least it was something to do. Now the queue time (~45min) is MUCH longer, then the time you spend playing IN the Raid (~20min)
    - No more Dailys (i liked them btw. ;-) )
    - Nobody needs professions anymore (is there a single one that is not crap now?)
    - Achievementhunting is ok, but this can not be the main content besides raiding...

Ofc i can raid on different difficulties - But this threas is about "What can i do BESIDES raiding?"
    I've never made as much gold from blacksmithing as I've done in WoD, not worthless at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne