Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    really you link something from wowwiki? that site is outdated(most of the time) and is no longer taken seriously. it lists Vol'jin as a priest when he isnt one
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Priest
    no where in that page does it say priests are infused with light.
    You're trying so hard to save face its painful. As if casting holy spells as an undead.

The so called Draenei warlocks in Shat have joined the legion. also fel magic mutates Draenei. Draenei are suppose to Light and arcane based people. so why would they want warlocks? 25,000 years they were hunted by the legion and their warlocks.
    #1: fel magics do not mutate draenei any differently than any other race being corrupted by fel magics. Literally every race is subject to this, draenei are not special.

https://twitter.com/Loreology/status/489778343903244289

#2: Not all draenei are light worshipers or arcane wielders.

#3: Their affinity for arcane is the very thing that draws the legion to them, why would they want to continue to practice arcane magic knowing it could draw the legion to them?

#4: Orc shamans were draenei's mortal enemy of draenor before the legion returned, even after suffering the genocide and being mutated by the red cloud into broken the draenei were able to look past not only the fact that it was their enemies magic but also that a broken who they shunned and cast out would be the one to teach them shamanism after that broken (nobundo) adopted shamanism having lost his ability to wield the light.

You seriously have no idea what the hell you're talking about here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Superman- View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Priests are masters of healing and preservation, infused with the light they can restore their wounded allies, shield them in battle, and even resurrect them from death.
    Source

You were saying?
    Would a Ogre be a Priest?
    They do need another healing class and Shaman would be perfect to and even Monks.

I'm up for Gnomes being Hunters, its just I want Snow Leopards as their starter pet.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    I'm up for Gnomes being Hunters, its just I want Snow kittens as their starter pet.
    Fixed.

10c

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    Would a Ogre be a Priest?
    They do need another healing class and Shaman would be perfect to and even Monks.

I'm up for Gnomes being Hunters, its just I want Snow Leopards as their starter pet.
    i think there is already ogre shadow priests somewhere
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Druid, shaman and paladin should be race specific. Warriors, hutners, rogues and priests are all rather generic and should fit any race. I mean troll druids makes since as the use the lua to transform, likewise the Tauren discovered a lost art of sun worship that lead to their own paladin type of class. Monks share no cultural inhereitance outside of panda land so it being taught to all new comers makes sense. Warlocks also seem to favor races of less ethical standards. I.e., cannot fathom a tauren, draenie, night elf or pandarian warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Fixed.

10c
    This does make me think to be concerned for gnomes having pets larger than themselves. I imagine it'd be very hard to gain an animal's respect/loyalty when you're a real tiny thing with no particularly fearsome features (claws, fangs, etc etc).

But... goblins.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarespawn2012 View Post
    Druid, shaman and paladin should be race specific. Warriors, hutners, rogues and priests are all rather generic and should fit any race. I mean troll druids makes since as the use the lua to transform, likewise the Tauren discovered a lost art of sun worship that lead to their own paladin type of class. Monks share no cultural inhereitance outside of panda land so it being taught to all new comers makes sense. Warlocks also seem to favor races of less ethical standards. I.e., cannot fathom a tauren, draenie, night elf or pandarian warlock.
    Humans can be both warlocks AND paladins. So can dwarves.

I'm not sure it's an 'ethics' thing, since -every- race has shown to have its bad guys and good guys.
    Last edited by dimedog; 2014-12-27 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dimedog View Post
    Humans can be both warlocks AND paladins. So can dwarves.

I'm not sure it's an 'ethics' thing, since -every- race has shown to have its bad guys and good guys.
    Yeah races are not nearly as one dimensional as people on forums like to pretend.

Deleted
    As for there cant be forsaken paladins.

1e if Sylvanas would ress Uther do you really beleave he would not have fate in the light anymore?
    2e true paladins would barry the pain to wield the light it actually would make them more a servent to the light.
    3e forsaken are undead they are build around rotting flesh who says pain is the same for the living and the dead.

Yeah races are not nearly as one dimensional as people on forums like to pretend.
    blah blah. humans are different than draenei more news at 11.

No way to cure stupidity, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    No way to cure stupidity, unfortunately.
    C'est la vie

Why do draenei need warlocks? Guess what they dont

Quote Originally Posted by -Superman- View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Priests are masters of healing and preservation, infused with the light they can restore their wounded allies, shield them in battle, and even resurrect them from death.
    Source

You were saying?
    Wot. Priests change based on what race they are, like how gnome priests are actually medics. They're called priests in game and have the same spells for the sake of simplification. I picture gnome hunters as the same: they're gnome engineers with mechanical pets and precision rifles.

Point is they can bend what a "paladin" mean any way they see fit.

Thus, I was wondering. Could undead paladins be actually some kind of dead person brought back to life as a vengenful spirit? Not risen by valkyries or the plague, but from a burning desire to avenge their death or of others, or protect their people from the things that caused their death. That's kinda what ret and prot paladins are about, right?

They could have their own order and channel some special kind of energy, different from the undead priests.

(I'm not a lore fanatic but there you go.)

Blood elf druids and draenei druids. Why? It'd be cool a rule of cool is everything.

Deleted
    Druids need alot of art work with the hole shifting into animal forms.

If blizzard is going to make another druid combo i am pretty sure they will go for the Pandaren.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do draenei need warlocks? Guess what they dont
    Why does there need to be an absolute need before a specific race/class combo is granted?

Is it not enough that players want it (quite a few actually do want draenei locks, belive it or not) and there is sufficient lore to support it? What "need" was there on Blizzards side when they introduced orc mages? or blood elf warriors? People could settle for another race, but it just made sense to give people the freedom to choose what they want to play, and have the best WoW experience they could have via race/class combo's. The race/class combos being the foundation of a WoW experience, and being involed in the character that YOU want to play.

All the people who deny specific race/class combos because they read 1 lore sentence about a specific group (or an over-generalization) within an entire race should just take a step back and realise that whats best for the game is not going ruin their experience in any way shape or form. (and if they let it come to that it's their fault for being so naive/bitter that blizzard has more control over the franchise than they have)

Quote Originally Posted by t0ken View Post
    Why does there need to be an absolute need before a specific race/class combo is granted?

Is it not enough that players want it (quite a few actually do want draenei locks, belive it or not) and there is sufficient lore to support it? What "need" was there on Blizzards side when they introduced orc mages? or blood elf warriors? People could settle for another race, but it just made sense to give people the freedom to choose what they want to play, and have the best WoW experience they could have via race/class combo's. The race/class combos being the foundation of a WoW experience, and being involed in the character that YOU want to play.

All the people who deny specific race/class combos because they read 1 lore sentence about a specific group (or an over-generalization) within an entire race should just take a step back and realise that whats best for the game is not going ruin their experience in any way shape or form. (and if they let it come to that it's their fault for being so naive/bitter that blizzard has more control over the franchise than they have)
    if it doesnt make sense in lore. then it doesnt need to happen. that bloody simple

if it doesnt make sense in lore. then it doesnt need to happen. that bloody simple
    But all these things make sense in the lore, your refusal to accept sense because of your ignorance of the lore is not the same as it not making sense with the lore.

Hence how every one of your assertions have gotten shit on and you've taken to desperately trying to save face.

But all these things make sense in the lore, your refusal to accept sense because of your ignorance of the lore is not the same as it not making sense with the lore.

Hence how every one of your assertions have gotten shit on and you've taken to desperately trying to save face.
    blah blah blah. For 8 years we have been told Draenei hate warlocks and want nothing to do with them. Suddenly giving them warlocks makes sense? yeah, no it doesnt.