View Poll Results: Nickelback bigger than Elvis?

Voters
276. This poll is closed
  • Yes

49 17.75%
  • No

227 82.25%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I would like to point out that Nickelback isn't even number 1 in it's own music genre let alone in music in general. Nor are they as famous as some people make them out to be. Before even thinking if Nickelback can grow bigger than Elvis, it would be better if you picked out an artist/band that is at least in the top 5 of it's own genre to start.
    What genre would that actualy be? alternative Rock/Pop Rock?
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    What genre would that actualy be? alternative Rock/Pop Rock?
    They're shit rock, Bo-bandy. A whole fucking pile of shit rocks.
    『Fun Removed by DPRK 』

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Some might say the biggest band ever.
    I hope you are joking? You must be. Nickelback is legendary on the internet and everywhere else for being horribly bad. It has become a joke when discussing bad music to mention Nickelback as an example, it is the epitome of shitty music. A joke band. Well, now you know, bye

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I would like to point out that Nickelback isn't even number 1 in it's own music genre let alone in music in general. Nor are they as famous as some people make them out to be. Before even thinking if Nickelback can grow bigger than Elvis, it would be better if you picked out an artist/band that is at least in the top 5 of it's own genre to start.
    As follows.

Nickelback is one of the most commercially successful Canadian groups, having sold more than 50 million albums worldwide and ranking as the eleventh best-selling music act, and the second best-selling foreign act in the U.S. of the 2000s, behind The Beatles. Billboard ranks them the top rock group of the decade, and their hit song "How You Remind Me" was listed as the top rock song of the decade and the fourth song of the decade. They were listed number seven on the Billboard top artist of the decade, with four albums listed on the Billboard top albums of the decade.
    So yeah. They were actually the #1, the Top of their genre and the 11th best-selling music act of the Decade worldwide.

People enjoy hating on Nickelback but they were more popular for a decade than all other Rock bands and most Other bands of all genres.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    I hope you are joking? You must be. Nickelback is legendary on the internet and everywhere else for being horribly bad. It has become a joke when discussing bad music to mention Nickelback as an example, it is the epitome of shitty music. A joke band. Well, now you know, bye
    It is mostly just a bandwagon that people jumped on. They are one of the most successful bands in history.

I've obsessed about this concept ever since I saw this thread title 3 days ago because YES THAT WOULD BE FUCKING AMAZING

Nickelback bigger than Elvis?

sure as sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade Paladin View Post
    Nickelback is already better than Elvis.

Unfortunately people getting on the "lol lets hate nickelback cause its cool too" bandwagon.

- - - Updated - - -

Throughout the early 2000's where most people that enjoyed them are now in their 20's/30's
    Words of a delusional Nickelback fan lol. There is a reason that "bandwagon" exists. Nickelback is terrible. Their music is just ripped off other people and made sound worse.

I've read all 11 of these pages. This is 10/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koontakent View Post
    Right? It's a troll thread, everyone jumped right in. I tried to explain..
    Last edited by CptEgo; 2014-12-26 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    Right? It's a troll thread, everyone jumped right in. I tried to explain..
    no this thread is 100% serious

Nickelback will be bigger than Elvis. They're going to be more popular than anime in Japan. Hell, I heard they're remaking metalocalypse with Nickelback members. Obama is giving them the key to Fort Knox and Hitler is coming back through the time portal he escaped through to bestow upon each member an Iron Cross.
    『Fun Removed by DPRK 』

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by koontakent View Post
    Pretty sure you are at 11/11

On a more serious note. It is a troll thread. And now it will be closed.