Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I dont want to sound harsh, but if you cannot answer this question yourself, you're probably not in some top guild, so dps difference wont matter.
    Play the spec you enjoy the most.
    I started as fury since level 10, and never looked back, yes i know i can get some more deepz with Arms on cleave fights, but enjoy fury waaaay too much :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

Quote Originally Posted by Ktperry View Post
    I dont want to sound harsh, but if you cannot answer this question yourself, you're probably not in some top guild, so dps difference wont matter.
    Play the spec you enjoy the most.
    I started as fury since level 10, and never looked back, yes i know i can get some more deepz with Arms on cleave fights, but enjoy fury waaaay too much :P
    People play the game for many different reasons, just because he may not be in "some top guild" doesn't mean he can't better himself. So if he want's to know something what so bad about asking?

As for the question, I'd say it's just easier to get a single 2hd mythic wep than it is to get 2 2handers or even 2 1handers since mythic butcher is quite a difficult fight not to mention it'd depend on their raid set up, how many need 1 handers and 2 handers. Along with of course the benefits of Arms on cleave fights, plus a lot of warriors started out thinking that gladiator was going to be the best bet then had to transition over to Arms/Fury.

All these posts from people with zero clue on warriors, While yes fury is better than Arms on some fights the main reason people are playing Arms is because of Crit and rage. Fury strives on Flurry and when you go into a new expansion you have little to no crit to keep up your Flurry, This is the reason Glad was so strong at the start of WoD while the scaling was a little higher than that of Fury and arms the main reason is was a better dps spec and more enjoyable for people to play is because you were never rage starved due to your 2 main damage abilities being rage generating abilities also.

This is why you will see some undergeared warriors taking unquenchable thirst (removes the CD on bloodthirst) as bloodthirst has a high chance to crit even tho it is a dps loss compared to Sudden Death (chance to proc a Execute) you can keep your flurry higher making your dps higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhoraks View Post
    All these posts from people with zero clue on warriors, While yes fury is better than Arms on some fights the main reason people are playing Arms is because of Crit and rage. Fury strives on Flurry and when you go into a new expansion you have little to no crit to keep up your Flurry, This is the reason Glad was so strong at the start of WoD while the scaling was a little higher than that of Fury and arms the main reason is was a better dps spec and more enjoyable for people to play is because you were never rage starved due to your 2 main damage abilities being rage generating abilities also.

This is why you will see some undergeared warriors taking unquenchable thirst (removes the CD on bloodthirst) as bloodthirst has a high chance to crit even tho it is a dps loss compared to Sudden Death (chance to proc a Execute) you can keep your flurry higher making your dps higher.
    Flurry doesn't exist for warriors anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Rehr View Post
    Flurry doesn't exist for warriors anymore.
    Think he meant enrage, pretty much the same deal though, enrage-uptime takes a huge hit from low crit-rating which weakens fury by a lot, so we now have three options: "Blizzard's favourite nerf-target", "Will be good by the end of next tier" and "A drinky-bird could play it", yay...

Because as soon as there is more than one target up Arms warrior starts to shine and is way more engaging than Fury or Glad that are even more dumb. Yes, I'm serious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    Because as soon as there is more than one target up Arms warrior starts to shine and is way more engaging than Fury or Glad that are even more dumb. Yes, I'm serious.
    True story! Without cleave the spec is really boring though imo. Luckily most fights are good for arms so every spec is more than viable atm.

Glad is annoying as fuck in a raid simply because of the sheer amount of BPM ( buttons per min ) you need to press. Its absurb.

Ima get RSI in my wrist soon ,

Switching to arms for my own health.

Quote Originally Posted by joulumanteliw View Post
    True story! Without cleave the spec is really boring though imo. Luckily most fights are good for arms so every spec is more than viable atm.
    One thing the spec really needs is some form of buff to single-target so that questing as arms-spec is less painful, even just making slam reasonably viable would help a lot, i want to enjoy arms-spec, i played it since Vanilla, but single-target was so bad for solo stuff (Garrison weekly, Apexis daily, stuff like that) that i switched to fury again out of frustration....

Arms for Tectus and Twin Ogron. Fury for the rest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because cleave fights (most of Highmaul) is the Arms warrior's place to shine. Fury for the rest (Butcher for example). Don't nuke it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    Arms for Tectus and Twin Ogron. Fury for the rest.
    You forgot about Brackenspore.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    You forgot about Brackenspore.
    Not true a good fury warrior can push 35k on that fight

Stood in the Fire masterdisaster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's very hard to hold weapons with your feet.

A good Fury can push 35k, I usually do 40-45k as Arms.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

would you prefer they use their legs?! bad joke? c'mon, no fun

people always gravitate towards the highest numbers, not what they enjoy the most, unfortunately. Outside of Mythic raiding cutting edge progression, it is a damn shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    Glad is annoying as fuck in a raid simply because of the sheer amount of BPM ( buttons per min ) you need to press. Its absurb.

Ima get RSI in my wrist soon ,

Switching to arms for my own health.
    I used to play enhancement. I play glad now.

Why did I do this to myself?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post

As for the question, I'd say it's just easier to get a single 2hd mythic wep than it is to get 2 2handers or even 2 1handers since mythic butcher is quite a difficult fight not to mention it'd depend on their raid set up, how many need 1 handers and 2 handers. Along with of course the benefits of Arms on cleave fights, plus a lot of warriors started out thinking that gladiator was going to be the best bet then had to transition over to Arms/Fury.
    I believe that most guilds use epgp and one handers are cheaper than two handers. Also, 2h fury is predicted to top 1h fury once the next raid comes out. Fury using 2h weapons will also help with competing on cleave. But ya as for as the good of the guild progression, you should take into account how many need what weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkasinger View Post
    I believe that most guilds use epgp and one handers are cheaper than two handers. Also, 2h fury is predicted to top 1h fury once the next raid comes out. Fury using 2h weapons will also help with competing on cleave. But ya as for as the good of the guild progression, you should take into account how many need what weapons.
    Most, if not all, progression guilds use a form of loot council aimed at furthering progression, not at being fair with loot. And even if you are using EPGP if your RL is charging a fury warrior more for a 2h he is bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Easiest spec to gear and play. It has zero secondary mechanic dependance, regardless of stat weights. Highmaul itemization is painfully awful.
    2. Arms has always been the cleave spec. Highmaul only has 1 fight that favors single-target.

A better question is "How are warriors getting into raids?"
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.