Poll: Can you heal without addons?

Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Can You Heal Without Add-on's?

Simple question. Whether or not you use them do you have the skill to heal without addons?

Yes you can heal without addons. Mouse over macros are a thing and blizzard frames are okay at their job. The only thing that would suck is missing weak auras, but you can still do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

I COULD but really really really really really really really prefer not to

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Simple question. Whether or not you use them do you have the skill to heal without addons?
    Healing without addons doesn't involve "skill", it involves tedious extra actions or simulating addons via mouseover macros.

I heal just fine without addons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    Please don't post in all colored text or custom fonts, as it's distracting and disruptive to the conversation. We give the tools of color and font to be used as accents, but they are not meant to be used for the complete post text.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I've never used an addon for healing.
    Same, and i don't mean to boast but i'm a really good healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Healing without addons doesn't involve "skill", it involves tedious extra actions or simulating addons via mouseover macros.
    Well apparently it's the way blizzard intends it. Unless they plan on making a mouse over function for healers so we can use the default ui, instead of altering it to do so. I can't stand extensive ui alteration. and macro's are annoying

But is it really that hard to just click a name and then press a button. seems pretty easy with a razor naga
    Last edited by TheEaterofSouls; 2014-12-23 at 04:31 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    i could, but id do A LOT less HPS without em
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be completely fine if I set up mouseover macros, but that takes for fucking ever and uses up all my macro slots. Using clique is more about the convenience of avoiding having to set up macros, and it's the only addon I use that is specifically oriented towards healing.

Mouseover isn't about skill or lack of skill, it's just about efficiency. It also allows me to keep the boss targeted for interrupts and awareness of other abilities. I think I'm a better player for it, not worse.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Absolutely not.

I don't use healing add-ons now........... Mouse-overs are all you need. Decursive is nice to have, but I don't consider that a healing add on

Edit: If anyone needs a mouseover macro:

#showtooltip Insert Heal Name Here
    /cast [target=mouseover, help, nodead][] Insert Heal Name Here
    Last edited by Kinettik; 2014-12-23 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Well apparently it's the way blizzard intends it. Unless they plan on making a mouse over function for healers so we can use the default ui, instead of altering it to do so
    There is a mouseover function in the default UI - it's called writing mouseover macros.

EDIT:

For people who use mouseover macros and not Clique, do you do this just so you can claim you heal 'without addons'? If not, why do you write many complicated mouseover macros instead of using an addon that provides identical functionality?

There is a mouseover function in the default UI - it's called writing mouseover macros.

EDIT:

For people who use mouseover macros and not Clique, do you do this just so you can claim you heal 'without addons'? If not, why do you write many complicated mouseover macros instead of using an addon that provides identical functionality?
    Because when your add on fails, my macros will not. Using macros in Beta, or on launch when add-ons are not up to date makes my life easier than yours.

sure but why would you?

back when I healed I just used mouse over macros and the default raid/party frames.

Nope. I use as few add-ons as possible, have about 4 total.

Mouseover macros aren't complicated, you pretty much copy & paste and just change the spell/ability name. Takes a couple of minutes at most. Certainly less time than updating add-ons every time the game updates.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, I use the default UI and mouseover macros.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

EDIT:

I don't need to use a 3rd party addon to do something i can do with the tools provided by the game.

And how exactly is this complicated?

#showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover] Healing Wave

10+ Year Old Account
    I had to get used to almost no addons on the Arena Realms. Ever since then I have used the default UI to heal. Sure I may use DBM, Quartz and OmniCC. But nothing like Healbot or Voodoo.

I actually don't know any other healing addons outside of those.