Can Warlocks win the Highmaul Arena?

Good Day Fellow Fel-casters, today's question is Can a warlock win the highmaul arena that you are allowed to participate in once you have a lvl 3 Glad Sanctum. I have been playing around in there, while it is fun it seems a bit one sided with certain classes claiming victory most of the time repeatedly, so I come here to ask, who has won the Arena and if there is a trick besides hiding in a corner and hope you arent spotted until later, though even that wont work because of the stacking buff you receive from killing other players, also on a side note our PvP Gear should be activating in the arena and from what I saw it didnt seem like it actually was activating, and rising to the PvP ilvl it states.

What are your guys' experiences with the Highmaul arena?

Armory^

Not without a lot of luck, no. One melee on you, and you're going to die eventually because you just can't properly fight back. People know this, and you're going to get swarmed for the easy kill.

If you must do it alone, grab the 8 sec invulnerability shield talent and make use of that and portal to shake people off you. Dot every single person with at least one dot so you get the damage bonus, and just pray that the "final boss" isn't a ret paladin or a dk.

Alternatively group up with 4-5 melee and cycle wins. Normally I'd scoff at this type of behavior, but warlocks are just so damn awful in solo PvP as of WoD that it's really just the best way.

I've won it as demo with Harvest Life + Drain Life spec. I go blood horror because the melee are much more likely to go someone else if I have it up. Was also using Sac Pact. I always use Sac Pact.

Quote Originally Posted by Livendula View Post
    I've won it as demo with Harvest Life + Drain Life spec. I go blood horror because the melee are much more likely to go someone else if I have it up. Was also using Sac Pact. I always use Sac Pact.
    It sounds alot like the spec I use, didnt think about blood fear though, I use Sac Pact and popped that, had a feral go through it in seconds, making me feel pretty unprotected while using it in the future x.x

Armory^

Go Destro, Take Searing Flames (Lv15 talent), Take Charred Remains (Lv100 talent), spam that ember tap. I'd take that and go Soul Link + GoSac + Blood Horror and you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    Go Destro, Take Searing Flames (Lv15 talent), Take Charred Remains (Lv100 talent), spam that ember tap. I'd take that and go Soul Link + GoSac + Blood Horror and you should be fine.
    This one too, esp if you glyph it as well, the HoT stacks and ticks for a million.

I've done it yesterday after 12 hours of attempts. Me myself is far from pvp, but hell i was happy when i've done it. Went like this:
    ww w.wowhead.com/talent#zoySPM-0mq
    Pick a not so crowded team, use noggenfogger, remove all titles, pre-rain of fire both opposing teams at 6-5 seconds before the fight begins, very carefully apply your dots for embers. What happens when those 2 teams are dead are a pure luck and skill. Left with rogue 1v1, popped resolve and kjk(for save casts), pact, hs and ember tap. Horror was on cd. 3 chaos bolts. GG.
    Destro is probably the best for this. You'll have bad times casting drain life as everyone will try to LoS, ember tap, however, heals a bit less, but it's easily gain and heals constantly. At the end of the fight you'll have 13-15 stacks of buff which gives you crit and damage. No one messes with 130k+ chaos bolts. And if 3 of you remain and those 2 guys decide to fight each other cataclysm is your win ticket. But w/e, charred remains is good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziriell View Post
    I've done it yesterday after 12 hours of attempts. Me myself is far from pvp, but hell i was happy when i've done it. Went like this:
    ww w.wowhead.com/talent#zoySPM-0mq
    Pick a not so crowded team, use noggenfogger, remove all titles, pre-rain of fire both opposing teams at 6-5 seconds before the fight begins, very carefully apply your dots for embers. What happens when those 2 teams are dead are a pure luck and skill. Left with rogue 1v1, popped resolve and kjk(for save casts), pact, hs and ember tap. Horror was on cd. 3 chaos bolts. GG.
    Destro is probably the best for this. You'll have bad times casting drain life as everyone will try to LoS, ember tap, however, heals a bit less, but it's easily gain and heals constantly. At the end of the fight you'll have 13-15 stacks of buff which gives you crit and damage. No one messes with 130k+ chaos bolts. And if 3 of you remain and those 2 guys decide to fight each other cataclysm is your win ticket. But w/e, charred remains is good as well.
    Well Done Sir, I appreciate the in depth information, and congratulations again on your win.

Armory^

Thank you. It's about surviving and ember generation. And some practice. Saw a warlock did it before me as well. Pick right allies (a group with ranged mostly worked perfect), stay out of facepunching, the crowd will eliminate itself. That's what i learned. Just keep q'ing till you're lucky. And yeah, sometimes the following scenario occurs:
    4-5 people remain and decide to roll for win. Do not expect them to just leave the instance. The loser will probably get focused and then the massacre will take place. Happened a really lot, same rules apply. You should pick an ally, someone who you can easily kill. And then it's yours.
    But yeah, it's all words on the screen. Keep trying these tips and you'll be another glorious Lord of War. Good luck.

15+ Year Old Account
    Did it on my 2nd attempt

The coliseum is all about diplomacy. People will scoff, but if you are not one of the god dueling classes, you absolutely need to use diplomacy to make a faction to either trade with, or to get you to the end of the game so your faction is the last standing, and go from there hoping for the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just did this, First off its not easy and a lot of luck is needed. took me 15 ish tries, with me ending up in the last 5-10 almost every-time.

1) Stick to the corners, set a teleport in one corner and a gateway to the other. Use them to shake melee.

2) I used this build 1-2-1-1-3-1-1. Marco Dark regen and soulstone. I used the havoc, healthstone and conflag glyphs. Charred remains gives you a ton of embers as you dot everything. use these to heal. NEVER let yourself get under 50%, you win become a target for everyone and at high buff levels you can get one shot.

3) DOT and drop ROF on everything. Army of the dead counts for kills (for both the buff and the quest) When that buff is over 50% you can hit people for 80%+ of they're HP with a single CB.

4) Stay out of site, let the others do the hard work. Shadowburn people under 20% for more embers.

5) 99.999999991% of the time it will end with the last 5-10 being DKS, Pallies, and disc priests. A good hunter can FD in a corner or under a toy with a stealth pet for the whole damn match but chances are someone will see them. This is when havoc and CB come in handy.

6) Kill DKS, Pallies, and disc priests. like for real, 99.999999999% of the time they win.

7) Not even kidding. DKS, Pallies, and disc priests. Off the bat, if one is near your corner, nuke the bitch.

8) Team up with people. A nice 5 man corner team can own the rest of them. Be sure to stab people in the back ASAP. Dont let yourself get ganked by them first.

9) Your whole strategy should be : Do some damage to everyone for the buff, have CDs for heals and a way to lose Melee. Fucking murder DKS, Pallies, and disc priests, get a small 3 man team, When its down to your team and the last dude (which will be a DK, Pally, or disc priest) havoc and kill your teammates as they are killing the last dude. 1 should get them under 20%.

10) enjoy your chieve and title as people QQ SWEET SWEET tears.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

This turned out to be quite the mouthful. atleast getting into the top 7 now . progress is being made