Page 1 of 3
LastLast

PSN & Xbox Live taken down by Lizardsquad

For reasons unknown (probably for the lolz), Lizard squad has been DDOSing PSN & XBL for about 6 hours now.

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/ar...d-attacks-ddos

I could 'get it' if it was to bring kids off the game systems and spend time with mom and dad, but this just seems to be done to piss people off.

I will never get why script kiddies do what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Getting sick of Losersquad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Giving them attention isnt doing any favors. Just ignore lazy squad.

Omg script kiddies so much impressed.

/s

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    good call out, didn't find through through forum search :/

Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    good call out, didn't find through through forum search :/
    I put it in the video games forums since its targeting two major consoles and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

They are doing the community a favor! Spend some time with the family!

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I put it in the video games forums since its targeting two major consoles and such.
    Good reason. I just forum searched lizard squad, saw a thread back on 12/7, so i didn't connect any dots.

Can't these guys take down something that would benefit people, like the companies that record credit scores etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    They are doing the community a favor! Spend some time with the family!
    The family I bought an Xbox One for.... oh wait thats right they can't enjoy their gift because of some assholes.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    The family I bought an Xbox One for.... oh wait thats right they can't enjoy their gift because of some assholes.
    Nintendo master console!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Nintendo master console!
    Yeah they can run an ad on this, "Since no one is buying Wii Us, we didnt get hacked. Come join the 10s of happy Wii U owners this X Mas."
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

DDOS is such a cheap way to take something down. There's nothing creative about it.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

Yeah they can run an ad on this, "Since no one is buying Wii Us, we didnt get hacked. Come join the 10s of happy Wii U owners this X Mas."
    Well its more like the 8 million people who bought a Wii U.

I do love how people take events like this as a chance to bash X console/company.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying not to give my family the terrible cold that ruined my Christmas and now I don't even have XBOX.
    Last edited by Antbregante; 2014-12-25 at 09:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

I do love how people take events like this as a chance to bash X console/company.
    and I was entirely kidding. Sheesh. Didnt mean to start a console war. >.> I dont have a dog in this fight.

10+ Year Old Account

You mean like the one I was replying too. And here is why the Wii U is not getting hacked this X Mas.

You mean like the one I was replying too. And here is why the Wii U is not getting hacked this X Mas.

Clearly thats why...........

Also this isn't hacking its DDOSing there is a difference.

Lizard Squard annouced there plan about 2 months ago and clearly they went though with it. Why in the hell hasn't this group been cought yet. This shit is getting old.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly thats why.

Also this isn't hacking its DDOSing there is a difference.
    Its kind fo why I call them lazy now, becuase thats what it is. Lazy.