10+ Year Old Account

Not doing too well on the DPS front.

Currently I am running CoP and attempting DoT weaving (MB+MS to 4 orbs > MS > SW:P+VT+MB > DP > Insanity > MB > DP > Insanity > Repeat) and I am getting disgustingly low dps like anywhere from 10-12k when my friends are murdering me in dps by a crazy amount.
    I got told to 'get back to the healer kitchen' which made me a little sad.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...géline/simple

Are my talents wrong?
    Are my secondary stats garbage?
    Am I doing what I should for my gear level?
    With my current gear would switching to AS give me better numbers?

Any help would be appreciated, I don't want to suck.
    Jesus take the wheel!

Are they murdering you in Raids or Dungeons?

Also, if you're using CoP you should be using mind spike as your filler when insanity isn't up. Are you doing this?
    Last edited by Avlivar; 2014-12-29 at 01:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avlivar View Post
    Are they murdering you in Raids or Dungeons?

Also, if you're using CoP you should be using mind spike as your filler when insanity isn't up. Are you doing this?
    It's dungeons right now but I keep getting the 'friendly reminder' that I am probably going to suck in raids & yes mind spike is my filler.

Deleted
    Dungeons and raids are two different games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobrogost View Post
    Dungeons and raids are two different games.
    This is true, but I feel I shouldn't be doing this bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazefiend View Post
    Currently I am running CoP and attempting DoT weaving (MB+MS to 4 orbs > MS > SW:P+VT+MB > DP > Insanity > MB > DP > Insanity > Repeat) and I am getting disgustingly low dps like anywhere from 10-12k when my friends are murdering me in dps by a crazy amount.
    I got told to 'get back to the healer kitchen' which made me a little sad.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...géline/simple

Are my talents wrong?
    Are my secondary stats garbage?
    Am I doing what I should for my gear level?
    With my current gear would switching to AS give me better numbers?

Any help would be appreciated, I don't want to suck.
    Jesus take the wheel!
    Drop power infusing and get twisted fate because sub 35% into the 20% cleave you will shoot up in dps

also

the dot weave rotation is this

MS/MB 4 orb, ms ms swp mb vamp touch dp insanity(1 global cd) mb instanity 1 global dp mb insanity 1 global insanity mb/ms to 4 orbs again repeat till sub 20%
    then
    SWDx2> MB and devouring plague and insanity and keep swd off cooldown and mb

on aoe you will suck don't worry about that and just use mind sear in random heroics

I do 20k in dungeons and 25k in raids when I don't mess the rotation up

I am using haste/mastery right now but crit/master/haste are all usefull for shadow just keep in mind mastery isn't usefull if you have to move and can't cast mind spike but if you are good at pre-placing yourself then its fine

also

glyph reflective shields and keep power word shield on you it does about 6% of my damage in raids
    Last edited by velspine; 2014-12-29 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazefiend View Post
    This is true, but I feel I shouldn't be doing this bad.
    In Dungeons, classes with more CDs and better executes will shine. Also Monks because of ToD. I haven't looked at your gear too much, but I know you have a Vers proc trinket, may want that replaced

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by velspine View Post
    Drop power infusing and get twisted fate because sub 35% into the 20% cleave you will shoot up in dps

also

the dot weave rotation is this

MS/MB 4 orb, ms ms swp mb vamp touch dp insanity(1 global cd) mb instanity 1 global dp mb insanity 1 global insanity mb/ms to 4 orbs again repeat till sub 20%
    then
    SWDx2> MB and devouring plague and insanity and keep swd off cooldown and mb

on aoe you will suck don't worry about that and just use mind sear in random heroics

I do 20k in dungeons and 25k in raids when I don't mess the rotation up

I am using haste/mastery right now but crit/master/haste are all usefull for shadow just keep in mind mastery isn't usefull if you have to move and can't cast mind spike but if you are good at pre-placing yourself then its fine

also

glyph reflective shields and keep power word shield on you it does about 6% of my damage in raids
    I will try these things out, hopefully I see an improvement. I would hate to be an utter failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Avlivar View Post
    In Dungeons, classes with more CDs and better executes will shine. Also Monks because of ToD. I haven't looked at your gear too much, but I know you have a Vers proc trinket, may want that replaced
    Yeah, I have been actively trying to replace it, I get pretty screwed by RNJesus.

What happens if using CoP you just do your normal rotation so only using MS on procs but in execute phase you cast a MS to clear DoT's then weave SW: D+MS
    Last edited by Cempa; 2014-12-29 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    What happens if using CoP you just do your normal rotation so only using MS on procs but in execute phase you cast a MS to clear DoT's then weave SW: D+MS
    that is called COP Lite

You bascially just take the talent for instant mind blast

its less dps and not optimal but shouldn't drop your dps to drastically if things are on farm but if you are progressing do the dot weaving

With such a high amount of mastery you're actually losing dps trying to dot weave. You will do more damage if you just spam mindspike/mindblast and then insantity after devouring plaque. Dot weaving will make you do more dps but you need more crit/multistrike and less mastery. Also i would only use twisted fate on fights where there are adds and power infusion otherwise.
    Last edited by eragoan; 2014-12-29 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eragoan View Post
    With such a high amount of mastery you're actually losing dps trying to dot weave. You will do more damage if you just spam mindspike/mindblast and then insantity after devouring plaque. Dot weaving will make you do more dps but you need more crit/multistrike and less mastery. Also i would only use twisted fate on fights where there are adds and power infusion otherwise.
    Twist of Fate always, when you have 15% damage increase sub 35% stacked with cleave phase where most of our damage comes from its a loss of dps if you don't have the damage increase during that phase and can use your second pot at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by eragoan View Post
    I don't agree with this. 12 ticks of Insanity will beat 5 mind spikes regardless of what secondaries you have. And Twisted Fate is a dps increase regardless because it strengthens already-strong execute damage.