Deleted

My "final" decision!

Hello, after lots of searching for the right monitor I "think" I am close to making my final decision. I am still torn between IPS and TN displays, I don't play a lot of competitive games, (and when I do it's only casually.) I mostly play RPGs, RTSs and WoW, so i don't really need a 120/144hz display so a better looking Ips display would probably suit me but i am put off by the lower response times - How bad is it on an Ips display? Is 1ms - 6ms a big difference? As i said above, i don't need lightning fast response times just as long as there isn't bad ghosting/obvious slowdown. When it comes to TN monitors I want to know if there is a problem with running a game on a 144hz monitor at a lower fps, obviously i will be able to max out WoW at 100+ fps but i won't get much higher than 60 for upcoming games like The Witcher 3. Also, is there any way to prevent screen tearing when running games like Skyrim on a 60hz monitor at 100+ fps without using V-Sync?

At the moment, I'm using a crappy 22" Tv so realistically anything is an upgrade!
    My budget is £200 ($310) (€255) I can stretch to £250 ($390) (€320) if the monitor justifies the price increase.

I need:
    1080p - I can't really go any higher with a GTX 770
    24-27 Inch monitor - I sit fairly close to my screen so 27 inch might be slightly too much,
    Good picture and colour quality - So i can get my Skyrim+200 mods looking amazing!
    Good response time - As long as there are no obvious visual stutters/ghosting

The monitors that i have chosen so far or have been recommended to me: -
    AOC G2460PQU -
    BenQ XL2411Z -
    Asus PB Series PB238Q -

If anyone can answer any of these questions and/or give some input on specific monitors i will be very grateful!
    Thanks in advance!

Since you are looking for high refresh rate monitors and you value not using V-Sync, have you considered G-Sync monitors? While they are more expensive (100~USD equiv worth of add-on, iirc), they give you fantastic fluidity.
    I would definitely look into them. They are as far as I can discern, outside of your current price-range. If waiting would allow you to gather more funds to allocate toward this, I would strongly recommend it.

I really like the PB238Q otherwise.

There is no issue running a game on lower FPS than the frequency of the monitor -- if VSync is off.