Elemental Shaman DPS Help

Hello everybody!

I have just respec'd to to elemental for guild needs, but so far I am mightily struggling with overall DPS as elemental and was coming here for advice. My current ilvl is at 644. My critical strike is at 883, haste at 770, and multistrike is at 750. Talents are astral shift, windwalk totem, totemic projection, echo of elements, ancestral guidance, unleashed fury, & elemental fusion. Since I am still learning, I have the Hekili addon to assist me with the rotation.

I feel like I have the rotation down well enough. Searing totem down, unleash, FS, then prioritize with unleash > lava burst > es (at 15 or more stacks) and fill in any downtime with lightning bolt. Refresh flame at approx 9 sec, and continue on. After messing around at a target dummy for 5 - 10 min, my dps was at about 15.5k, which to me just seems low.

Any advice anyone could offer? Lava burst accounted for about 41% of my dmg, LB 21%, and molten earth was 14%.

What approximate DPS should I be outputting at ilvl 644?

Thank you so much everybody.

7+ Year Old Account
    could you go enh?

Quote Originally Posted by Jibberjabber View Post
    could you go enh?
    And gimp his DPS even more? As ele, he'd be consistently doing 18-22k depending on gear. at that gear lvl, thats about right. With Enh, you're going to be screwed on any kind of movement fights. So on Brackenspore, Tectus, Twins, Koragh, and Imperator, you'd be lower than most everyone, but with Koragh, you have the add control with the AoE.

Focus on Crit/Multistrike if you can, with haste being the next secondary stat. I went ahead and got crafted trinket, crafted neck, and crafted cloak. If you get all of those to "of the Savage", they're better than any endgame piece, right now. Once BRF comes out, that'll be different. Make sure you're chugging your Int Pots, both before the fight starts, and during lust. Another thing I like to do is if the fight is going to be long, save that 2nd pot for when both Ascendance and FET are up, cast EB(as thats what I'm spec'd into) and then cast Ascendance and FET and have a little "short boost" in DPS. Its not a lot, but every bit helps.

Also, use SWG on movement fights where you know you're going to be constantly moving for a 10-15 sec part of the fight. I have mine glyphed for it. I use mine 3-4+ times on tectus as Im usually getting hit with the barrage. I use it a lot on going from shroom to shroom on Brackenspore also. Just a few tips there.
    Shaman PvP Theory
    - "that all sounds nice but i prefer the hide behind a rock and dps method, and if they target you, ghost wolf, and if they start attacking you, bend over and prepare yourself psychologically."
    -Thunderspike

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohmar View Post
    And gimp his DPS even more? As ele, he'd be consistently doing 18-22k depending on gear. at that gear lvl, thats about right. With Enh, you're going to be screwed on any kind of movement fights. So on Brackenspore, Tectus, Twins, Koragh, and Imperator, you'd be lower than most everyone, but with Koragh, you have the add control with the AoE.
    have you looked at rankings? enh is one of the best specs for fights like tectus and imperator, and its rarely bad on a fight that allows for any cleave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibberjabber View Post
    have you looked at rankings? enh is one of the best specs for fights like tectus and imperator, and its rarely bad on a fight that allows for any cleave.

What he said, Enhancement is the best spec on tectus and probably also on imperator, since you kinda "need" one or two, and it's still solid on the other fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends a lot on spec, but your spell priority is a little off.

If you're using Elemental Fusion, your highest priority will be Unleashing Flame shock, rather than Lava Burst, assuming 2x Stacks of Fusion. Shouldn't make a huge difference to numbers, but it will be a slight increase.

Fusion doesn't increase the fulmination charges on Earth shock, only the earth shock itself, so try and use your Fusion charges that way, rather than blowing them on Earth shock (Which I assume is what you're doing now, given your breakdown in the OP)

Liquid Magma is definitely a DPS increase on a few fights, namely Tectus, Brackenspore, Twins and Imperator. Pretty much anything where you can cleave two targets. As will be using CL/EQ on 2 Targets+. Your Unleash priority will change to LvB if you spec Magma.

At this stage, I'd commit to either Enhance or Ele. Both are totally viable in this tier, with neither really having any advantage over the other.

Is EQ on 2 targets dependent on mastery level at all? (specifically, do you know the minimum below which it is a loss?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Short answer, no.

Even at 75% mastery, I've only got 33% increase on EQ damage.
    Last edited by bennyv; 2014-12-31 at 01:38 AM.

15.5k dps is not bad considering you are probably missing many key buffs such as spellpower crit multi strike kings versatility etc. Ive honestly found echo to be worse than elemental mastery. Only time ive ever gone echo was probably tectus for eq spam but most of thr time tanka just move them out of my eq anyways so whatever. On butcher ive never done better than going storm elemental