Thread: Garrison 2.0

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Garrison 2.0

I feel like it's a chore to log in my alts every day to pick up work orders and do the same basic activities on every single one.

I feel like garrisons would work better, be more practical and more enjoyable if:

- Garrisons were accountwide

This meaning that you begin your garrison on one character, and it starts out with more plots than now. It's effectively larger.
    Let's say you get 6 Large, 6 Medium and 6 Small Plots compared to now. However, on your main character you can only place 2/2/2.
    Every other character of your account will join this garrison and be able to place 1/1/1 more. You won't be able to place ALL buildings, so you still have a matter of choice, and profession-specific buildings as well as alt buildings still require your alts to access them and place work orders.

However, you can collect work orders and upgrade on your main for all plots.

- Follower missions were accountwide

Similar to the garrison itself, you would get maybe 50% more follower missions, but the rewards are accountbound. Meaning you can choose to distribute your mission rewards as you see fit, giving you both more choice and options for efficiency.

Deleted
    OR you could just maintain a manageable number of alts effort put in = rewards

Same with garrison missions

But I will add as the next tier comes out older mission rewards should become BoA as a catch up process, just not current stuff so you can funnel it to one character

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh you don't have to i have 2 chars with garrison and i don't even log in every day. Its a game you are in control if you feel like you should log in everyday and do it its your choice. No need to complain about it then because you aren't forced to do it

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I would really like to see guild garrisons where every player has their own personalized section within it. How would this work? Well, instead of a base up on a hill, we could have a base on the shore. Make it considerably bigger, and each player gets their own garrison boat that they customize and control completely.

It'd just be neat to have something for guilds to work on together.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    I feel like it's a chore to log in my alts every day to pick up work orders and do the same basic activities on every single one.

I feel like garrisons would work better, be more practical and more enjoyable if:

- Garrisons were accountwide

This meaning that you begin your garrison on one character, and it starts out with more plots than now. It's effectively larger.
    Let's say you get 6 Large, 6 Medium and 6 Small Plots compared to now. However, on your main character you can only place 2/2/2.
    Every other character of your account will join this garrison and be able to place 1/1/1 more. You won't be able to place ALL buildings, so you still have a matter of choice, and profession-specific buildings as well as alt buildings still require your alts to access them and place work orders.

However, you can collect work orders and upgrade on your main for all plots.

- Follower missions were accountwide

Similar to the garrison itself, you would get maybe 50% more follower missions, but the rewards are accountbound. Meaning you can choose to distribute your mission rewards as you see fit, giving you both more choice and options for efficiency.
    Seems like Blizz came up with a brand new system that incorporates a number of items and suggestions that players want, and you're just bitching about it. Garrison's are great just the way they are.

Deleted
    I always played with many alts. I like the diversity of this playstyle. Sadly this is no longer possible without suffering mental damage. Its boring as hell to manage all these garrisons, and no u cant skip them without "suffering" greatly.They are just so much intergrated into the game that its absurd. I cant even level my professions.

Why can't we just have a garrison where your alts work there too (and walk around) and ya'll share capabilities as a whole....?

Quote Originally Posted by Erathus View Post
    I always played with many alts. I like the diversity of this playstyle. Sadly this is no longer possible without suffering mental damage. Its boring as hell to manage all these garrisons, and no u cant skip them without "suffering" greatly.They are just so much intergrated into the game that its absurd. I cant even level my professions.
    But again this is a choice, not a game flaw. You choose to maintain many alts then you choose to devote lots of garrison time. Remember most people only have one serious toon, and garrisons reflect a nice chunk of daily content for those people.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    I would really like to see guild garrisons where every player has their own personalized section within it. How would this work? Well, instead of a base up on a hill, we could have a base on the shore. Make it considerably bigger, and each player gets their own garrison boat that they customize and control completely.

It'd just be neat to have something for guilds to work on together.
    When making such suggestions, bear in mind that there are guilds with just a few members and guilds with >1000 members. Blizz isn't going to consider something that's pointless or broken in those cases.

Blizzard: Bosses now also have a chance to drop ponies! A pony makes your character better.
    Players: AAARGH ponies are RNG!
    Now it's even harder to be perfect. /unsub
    They should just make ponies baseline.
    LOL @ World of Ponycraft.

Make storehouse, have workorders for 1 week.
    Skip mine & herb, gg chore gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Seems like Blizz came up with a brand new system that incorporates a number of items and suggestions that players want, and you're just bitching about it. Garrison's are great just the way they are.
    I'm making fun speculation about how to improve something and you accuse me of "bitching"?
    That's some stronk white knighting right there.

Anyway, I have 5 alts with lvl 3 garrisons and lvl 3 buildings, and 4 more with basic garrisons. It feels like a chore to collect everything in every garrison - yeah, you're not forced to, but it's there. And it just feels redundant, I feel it would be more fun to have a larger, shared garrison.

No sleep 'til guild garrisons.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only do Prof. cooldowns and missions anyway, thanks to the massive amount of materials available to everyone the profit from the mine as an example isn't even worth going after.

I look at it as just gold making. The follower mini-game gets to be super fast with Master Plan and I only really take that seriously on my main

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eloxithack View Post
    I would really like to see guild garrisons where every player has their own personalized section within it.
    Sounds problematic though, how do you make a guild garrison with 100 people represented feasible?

Racial buildings with your ability to pick what to use would be a start........

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensui06 View Post
    Racial buildings with your ability to pick what to use would be a start........
    Not happening, they stated so numerous times. Not enough resources to facilitate separate artwork for all races and all buildings.

I just want a boot-a-rang to get my miners to work instead of having to do the job myself.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Sounds problematic though, how do you make a guild garrison with 100 people represented feasible?
    It would have to be a phase about the size of Ashran, or a bit less, which is not entirely out of their ability to do.

If they did the next expansion with no new personal garrisons, but added in guild garrisons, the server would actually have fewer phases running at once. It would be a consolidation of players. In other words, which takes up more server memory: 100 personal garrisons, or 1 big guild garrison?

I like having alot of alts doing missions, slowleveling alts with missions.
    even made an addon for tracking alts missions "ZyrrMissions" on curse
    Stopped minig on all of them every day tho, too much effort