Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Please help! My dps is so low I can't really play the game....

Hi, I have read over the other threads about this, implemented the suggestions, and am getting no where.

I have a level 100 Balance Druid, Item level 639, and I am pulling 8k DPS - this is on the target dummy, heroic bosses, and even basic mobs in the world.
    Last week, when I had item level 629 I was at 15k dps. My rotation is solid, I'm hitting the peaks for dots, etc. Weird things are happening here: I tried to adjust my gear last night, upgraded a mastery enchant to the top level and my dps WENT down, i had managed to tweak my gear away from crit to mastery and saw an improvement to 11k from the 9k I was at, only to see this new enchant put me at 8k. I am completely serious about this and no one in my guild has any idea whats going on. My latency isn't an issue. I have used icy-veins as reference for building my character, and even paid other players in gold to look at my character and give me advice - everyone said my gear looked solid statewise. So it would rationally come down to rotation and timing, but that hasn't changed since my DPS was at the 15k mark...which, after seeing this forum, is really low for a ilvl629. However, my rotation is actually good. I feel like this is a gear issue, but I am not seeing the problem. I have tried different talents, BoP, Stellar Flare, Euphoria, Inc, etc, and my dps went down with anything besides Stellar Flare.

I just don't get it. Since this is my first post I cannot post any links, but the character in question is Skang on US Lightbringer server. I can queue for a dungeon and try to get a decent combat log going before I get booted if requested - which kind of feels like a jerk move, but I have no idea how else to get the stats.

Can anyone help?
    Thank you!

First don't pay people "gold" to look at your character. They are just going to abuse you (sounds like they did).

Secondly we need logs/parses of fights. Even if its just target dummies.

You don't go down in DPS by using a top tier enchant, something else is wrong.

Well, the 2 people I paid spent about 45 minutes helping me out. It was only a few hundred gold, no big deal IMO. Which log addon would you like me to use?

Nothing makes much sense here. Logs?
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

Is your gear broken?

If you have to, use a combat dummy log. Queue up for a non-heroic. They won't kick you for lower DPS and you'll get a reasonable log from it that you can share.

Too much log #1
    Last edited by Zuvuya; 2015-01-02 at 02:39 AM.

Too much log #2
    Last edited by Zuvuya; 2015-01-02 at 02:39 AM.

Ok, my logs are on hold for moderator approval, but I did something I should have considered a while ago: equipped my full set of PVP gear and dueled a guild mate to test. 17k sustained with 20k burst, now, she died before I could even finish my Starsurge cycle so I would imagine my dps would have risen over the course of a cycle or two, like once I could have critted and applied multiple eclipse dots. I am thinking it is a gear issue. That being the case, could anyone examine my gear via armory and give me some advice? Right now I figure I'll just try to modify what I'm wearing to be as close to my pvp gear when it is scaled up as possible....

You logged out in PvP gear.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

The armory link for my character is updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuvuya View Post
    The armory link for my character is updated.
    Just write Nickname-Server combo.

Have u been using your trinkets ?

Also,
    I prefer Inc/euphoria for most fights

Skang-Lightbringer.

Yes, I use trinkets before my cooldown. I found that I did best with Stellar flare, I tried inc/euphoria, just euphoria, balance, etc. I know that on paper inc/euphoria is supposed to yield the best single target dps though.

What's your opening rotation ?

Thank you for posting my armory link, I am not able to yet. My opening rotation is: Haste trinket, Celestial Alignment, Moonfire, starfall, stellar flare, starsurge, starfire, starfire, moonfire, starsurge, stellar flare, starfire, starfire, sunfire, starsurge, wrathx3. If there is downtime waiting for starsurge to recharge I either use Astral Communion (usually save that for when I have to run away from bad stuff on bosses) or spam whatever is highlighted by the eclipse bonus, depending on how long I need for a starsurge (minimum 5 seconds to use AC effectively). I use a 200+ to all stat item (Oralius Whispering Crystal) at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by brookllyn View Post
    Is your gear broken?
    Don't think you answered this question. Some ui's are less obvious about showing when your gear is broken. I've seen a few people change ui's and not notice when their gear breaks.

That Oralius Whispering Crystal is 100+ stat now. The tooltip is wrong.

Also, try Icy-veins.com class guides. They are really helpful.

My gear is fully repaired, I do so every time I vend and have the option. Bummer that it's only +100 now, I suppose I'll need to find an upgrade for it.