Need some suggestion of games for Lan party!

Hey guys!

So, short story, im going to a old style Lan(-xmas) party with a bunch of friends, im wondering if you guys had any games suggestion to play

Couple things, games has to be free (or demo playable) and have a multiplayer option (local multi if possible or free server (i think we might have hamachi... not sure). Other then that, not much! even the style doesnt matter.
    Steam games are welcome of course, if they are free/cheap
    Either easy pick up and play game or super hardcore game for some good laugh, all works!

For references, previous year we played games like Unreal tournament 3, Trackmania, No More Room in Hell, Grid, Worms, WC3.

Any suggestion?

Trackmania 2 Stadium? (you didn't specify which trackmania you played)

oh, we played trackmania nation forever

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (it's on Steam). Not free, but on sale and very cheap right now. The base game is on sale for just under $7, and the Deadliest Warrior expansion is on sale for just under $4. It's all PvP combat / deathmatch stuff...think a simpler version of Unreal Tournament in a medieval setting, I guess. I believe there is the option to play on "locked" servers where you can password protect your game or otherwise restrict it to friends only. You can just do straight up free-for-all deathmatches or team vs team stuff.

The base game has a knight (heavy armor/tank type), vanguard (big 2h weapons for high damage), man-at-arms (a balanced 1h/shield class), and the archer (lower armor but quicker ranged type that can snipe people, if you want everyone else in the game to hate you).

I haven't picked up the Deadliest Warrior expansion yet. From what I understand, it just gives you more "classes" to play. Like the base game has generic "knight" and "vanguard" and so on, while the expansion lets you play stuff like a ninja/pirate/samurai/viking. You can have hours of fun with just the base game though, if you don't want to drop an extra $3 on the expansion. xD

Also Dungeon Defenders, but I'm not sure what the cap is for how many people can be in one game. I've never tried to play it with more than 3 people at a time.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-12-29 at 06:42 PM.

Castle crashers is cool for upto 4 players. Also "Hidden in plain sight" is really cool for LAN partys

Warframe (free), Baldur's Gate (cheap), Space Engineers (cheap), Mount and Blade Warband (cheap), and Minecraft (cheap) all make for great LAN party games.