Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is sinestra bugged?

I just put 10 or so attempts into Sinestra and it seems like her eggs never become killable. I got the message "The barrier protecting the Pulsing Twilight Eggs dissipates as sinestra harnesses their power!" and..nothing. The eggs are still invulnerable and about ~30 seconds later, Calen dies even though I'm keeping her mana under his.

It was hit or miss when I tried it a few weeks back. I blew a major CD to get her mana as low as possible and that seemed to trigger omelette time, otherwise the eggs would just sit there being all invincible and taunting me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    I just put 10 or so attempts into Sinestra and it seems like her eggs never become killable. I got the message "The barrier protecting the Pulsing Twilight Eggs dissipates as sinestra harnesses their power!" and..nothing. The eggs are still invulnerable and about ~30 seconds later, Calen dies even though I'm keeping her mana under his.
    That sounds quite odd, just killed her last night. Though, proven that since we are quite more geared, you have to slack on killing adds (We died the first time due to killing adds too fast). Might be the same problem? We were two but still could be the same problem as my partner was lvl 90.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Did it the other day on my 625 pally with no issues. Not sure what you could be doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    He still needs healing, if his health bar goes to 0 he dies.

Also as soon as calen appears pop your cd's and nuke her as low as possible, should make the eggs attackable but you only have a 25 second window or so to kill both.

Deleted
    I had problems too.with my paladin. Did what i usually do but for some reason the eggs stayed immune even though the warning said they are attackable. Seemed weird since ive been killing it since MoP,although on my warrior. And i dont think ilvl is a prob. My pala is 625 but my warrior did it in SoO gear. Weird,

After 15 more attempts, The eggs FINALLY became attackable - I did absolutely nothing different. I have no idea why it happened.

And I died to Wrack dealing 296k damage to me lol Whoops. I did manage to kill her soon after. Still hit and miss on the shield. No idea why.

Deleted
    You have to keep attacking her even after the message appears and the buff from the eggs is removed.

It was hit or miss when I tried it a few weeks back.
    Last edited by menkupalme; 2014-12-30 at 08:38 AM.

Had this problem last night, and finally figured it out. Here's the full explanation:

Sinestra uses the eggs only when she is losing the beam battle with Calen. The beam battle is determined by their respective mana pools. Calen converts his health into mana, so you need to keep him healed so that he can keep his mana high. Meanwhile, you need to DPS Sinestra to drag her mana down (and it regenerates very fast). When you're close to trigger the eggs, you will get a raid warning. When this happens DO NOT STOP DPS. The raid warning only means you are CLOSE TO EGGS. If you immediately stop dps and run to the eggs, she will regen her mana, and no longer need eggs.

Summary:

1. Keep Calen healed.
    2. Burn Sinestra
    3. DO NOT STOP DPS when you get the raid warning. Keep hitting her until she actually taps the egg.
    4. DPS egg once the shield is down.

Deleted
    No it's not bugged.

You don't actually need to heal Calen, just DPS Sinestra through Twilight Extinction, wait for him to yell "You are weakening Sintharia!" And then put all the DPS into her that you can. Wait until there are two purple beams going from Sinestra to the eggs and then DPS them down when the Carapace goes down

Calen died when I killed Sinestra but it didn't really do anything except give me a buff. I'm a warlock so healing was already out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Calen died when I killed Sinestra but it didn't really do anything except give me a buff. I'm a warlock so healing was already out of the question.
    Calen always dies after you kill the two eggs, he gives you a buff called Essence of the Red that gives everyone in the raid 100% melee, ranged, and spell haste as well as 5% mana per second for 3 minutes.

Deleted
    Using Shield Charge in some phases will make you run all around the room to finally end below her in the lava, which now hurts a lot. Besides that, seems to work properly to me.

Just keep Calen full health and keep hitting her.

Just soloed her today on 25 with no problems whatsoever .
    P.S. With zero healing on Calen.
    Last edited by Valerossi; 2015-01-01 at 01:15 AM.

No its not bugged. This is intended; best to do it in a 3 player group, but if you solo, even better.

In Phase 1, just dps as normal; when phase two starts, you dps her and burn her mana shield, that pushes Calen's beam towards her and he says that she is weakening. Then the eggs will become attackable, but as stated you have a small time window. Killing the eggs trigger last phase.

Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    No its not bugged. This is intended; best to do it in a 3 player group, but if you solo, even better.

In Phase 1, just dps as normal; when phase two starts, you dps her and burn her mana shield, that pushes Calen's beam towards her and he says that she is weakening. Then the eggs will become attackable, but as stated you have a small time window. Killing the eggs trigger last phase.
    I've killed it a few times for gold, and I have definitely seen the issue the OP is talking about. Sinestra will on occasion not drop the shield on the eggs, even after the dialogue that triggers or indicates it. Even if you keep attacking her, even if you pop CD's and go balls to the walls, she won't drop the shield and you have to reset.

menkupalme got it right: it's hit or miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?