Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[Mythic] So even if you wipe 3 times on Kargath, you get saved?

So even if you wipe 3 times on Kargath Mythic, then leave. You will get saved? Just happened to me. And all bosses "eligible".

U get saved the second u enter any mythic raid. U get a unique id even if u kill or not. u get saved even if u join a trash run in mythic mode

Deleted
    Yeah, I knew that if I join a "trash run" I will probably get saved because Kargath is dead. But joining a fresh Mythic when not a single boss is dead and get saved is pretty stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qisse View Post
    So even if you wipe 3 times on Kargath Mythic, then leave. You will get saved? Just happened to me. And all bosses "eligible".
    As soon as you enter combat with a mythic boss you're saved to the instance ID

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    As soon as you enter combat with a mythic boss you're saved to the instance ID
    Had some pulls earlier this week and didn't get saved. Was gonna try with another group today, had like 3 pulls and then got saved. So it has to be something else.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I think I got it. It has to be because I helped to clear the trash prior to Kargath with my last group, where I got saved. While 2 days ago, I joined a group where the trash was already dead, and I didn't get saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Qisse View Post
    Had some pulls earlier this week and didn't get saved. Was gonna try with another group today, had like 3 pulls and then got saved. So it has to be something else.
    You problably did HC without realising, or you used your own raidlockout with the rest being new.
    It's how it works, and have done for ages, if not always. You get tied to a specific raid-ID on mythic/old HC, even without killing any bosses.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    You problably did HC without realising, or you used your own raidlockout with the rest being new.
    It's how it works, and have done for ages, if not always. You get tied to a specific raid-ID on mythic/old HC, even without killing any bosses.
    That's not how it worked before.

Deleted
    Read my updated post. And No. It was not Heroic.

Deleted
    You get tied to a specific raid-ID on mythic/old HC, even without killing any bosses.
    It didn't work this way in Siege. I know this from from trying to pug heroic Immerseus on my alt back in 5.4.

You kill the first boss - you are saved, you stay in an instance with dead bosses for more than 60 secs - you are saved. That's how it was.

Deleted
    It has to be because I helped to clear the trash prior to Kargath with my last group, where I got saved. While 2 days ago, I joined a group where the trash was already dead, and I didn't get saved. In both groups I had like 3 pulls.

Ya, previously the "Heroic" tier required you to kill a boss.
    I'm not sure why this is the case but it shouldn't matter.
    If you aren't doing Mythic with a set group weekly, then you shouldn't be doing Mythic.
    Does suck that you can get saved accidentally without realizing, but otherwise this is a non-factor.
    Don't pug Mythic.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    If you aren't doing Mythic with a set group weekly, then you shouldn't be doing Mythic.
    Does suck that you can get saved accidentally without realizing, but otherwise this is a non-factor.
    Don't pug Mythic.
    This didn't help at all. Even if you are in a guild that raids 2-3 times a week, mythic is still very new to the averege guild, especially going from 10 to 20 -man. So if you sit there, just some hours to reset, you would probably want to give Mythic pug-raiding a shot. So your comments on what to do, and not. Isn't helping at all. We are trying to figure out WHY you get saved, or WHEN actually.

It's how it works, and have done for ages
    No it hasn't. You got saved without killing anything only if you entered a raid with some bosses already dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    No it hasn't. You got saved without killing anything only if you entered a raid with some bosses already dead.
    Yepp. No idea where the notion comes from it has always been that way.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Yepp. No idea where the notion comes from it has always been that way.
    No idea where the notion comes from that you don't get saved because you have always got saved from attempting the first boss on the hardest difficulty since Wrath or Cata. It's definitely intended and I've read many blue posts about it

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Don't pug Mythic.
    Well considering how easy Kargath is, it is good info for people to have. I could see people popping into mythic and trying him without a pure guild group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    No idea where the notion comes from that you don't get saved because you have always got saved from attempting the first boss on the hardest difficulty since Wrath or Cata. It's definitely intended and I've read many blue posts about it
    You had to KILL the first boss, or enter a raid with previously downed bosses (and wait 60 seconds or accept) to establish a lock-out...
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

Stop talking shit.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2014/10/28/my...uts-explained/

Quick google search produced the following blue quote

"In Mythic difficulty, you are bound to the raid ID. This means if you join a Mythic raid, defeat the first boss (thereby binding you to that Mythic raid ID) and leave; you'll return to the same raid. If the raid continues on to defeat bosses 2, and 3 while you were gone, you will return to the raid with those bosses already defeated"

Lol 'stop talking shit'

The quote you provided doesnt remove the possibility of getting saved to just trash.

Quote Originally Posted by dubwise View Post
    Lol 'stop talking shit'

The quote you provided doesnt remove the possibility of getting saved to just trash.
    Yes it does. Learn to read. A lockout ID should not happen until a boss is killed. Hence the "defeat the first boss" part of the quote. If you join with Kargath dead you will of course get saved because you are accepting a lockout where the first boss has been defeated. If you join at the very start and wipe you shouldn't get locked out because the "defeat the first boss" part hasn't been fulfilled.

No idea where the notion comes from that you don't get saved because you have always got saved from attempting the first boss on the hardest difficulty since Wrath or Cata.
    simply nope. It wasn't even the case 6.0 mythic mop.