Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    As someone who enjoys a balanced diet and the health benefits that come with it, salads show up quite a bit on my menu.

Having the palate of a grown adult instead of a 5 year old helps.

Love salad. Hate it when it gets contaminated with bacon, meat, cheese or eggs. Also don't want it pre-dressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ktperry View Post
    Thats true, but atleast with mayo, you cannot taste the FAT from the oil
    Ahh, do you mean the oil coating your tongue? Because different oils have very different tastes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeowrynn View Post
    Love salad. Hate it when it gets contaminated with bacon, meat, cheese or eggs. Also don't want it pre-dressed.
    Professional opinion: Unless you're at a fine dining restaurant, always order your dressing on the side. In the US, at least, they come way over-dressed otherwise.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

I am ok with salads. As long as the salad is mostly meat.

7+ Year Old Account
    The mere thought of it makes me wanna regurgitate.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Salad is a good side dish. It's only a good main dish if I can load it with meat, cheese, and possibly other items.

I can't help but imagine all you salad haters as 300 pound neckbeards. Get out of your mom's basement and make something healthy to eat for a change, salads are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Salads can be very satisfying with the appropriate fillings. I like a couple hard-boiled eggs, shredded cheddar, some bacon, and some chicken chunks over some chopped spinach.
    Well, that's one way to completely negate the health benefits of eating a salad for a meal.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Well, that's one way to completely negate the health benefits of eating a salad for a meal.
    How? If that's what it takes to get a person to eat greens... The nutrition in the greens hasn't vanished just because you put bacon on it.

The problem is people thinking that "it's a salad" and therefore healthy, when it actually has more calories than the burger I'm eating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    As I've been saying, it's a hard thing to define. Like, I make a shrimp and avocado "salad" but it's more of a starter, really.

I'm thinking of taking direction from a Michelin star chef I've worked with. He no longer uses the word "salad" on his menu. He has "Garden," "Chilled," and "Sides," with options under each that might otherwise be called salads.
    Oh christ, don't even get me started on what chefs and chefs on cooking shows will call "salad." That's not salad, it's fucking slaw!
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Oh christ, don't even get me started on what chefs and chefs on cooking shows will call "salad." That's not salad, it's fucking slaw!
    Oh, I'll get you started.

Potato salad
    Chicken salad
    Tuna salad
    Fruit salad
    Fucking slaw (although, I make a version with sesame oil, no mayo, that I would call a salad)
    Caprese salad (hi, it's a cheese plate)
    Tartare (I've actually seen this called a salad)

...and the list will never end.

I'm glad you understand my dislike of the word itself. I'm going to PM you something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Not everyone eats salads for the health benefits! Some of us actually like them.

(although I like my salads decidedly egg and bacon-free)
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

EpicMealTime says "Fuck Salad", but they can be tasty.

I like salads as a cleansing food. They clean out my arteries when they become clogged with bacon fat.

I use a little romaine lettuce, raw organic spinach, shredded carrots, English cucumber, sliced tomatoes, hard boiled egg ( no yolk ), croutons, and a quarter cup of dressing.

The only salads that I can't stand are the ones with diced up chicken or bacon in them.

Question for the salad haters - how do you stay regular? Where are you getting your fibre if not from leafy greens?

Not everyone eats salads for the health benefits! Some of us actually like them.

(although I like my salads decidedly egg and bacon-free)
    I feel like the whole 'BACON IN MAH SALAD' thing is a phase, along with the 'RANCH ON EVERYTHING THAT EXISTS' phase. I think as people get older and taste buds die off, it's more common to enjoy a salad that has little in it, although I don't think I could make a habit out of having salads without some kind of meat like chicken or medium-rare beef, or meat substitute like apples or grapes in the salad and just eat what is essentially lettuce and carrots and tree leaves.

The only 'healthy' thing about a real salad (something that is thought of to have flavorless vegetables like cucumbers, peppers, carrots, lettuce, etc.) is the fact you're getting very specific vitamins for almost no calories. A salad becomes more balanced, nutrient-wise, if you add stuff like bacon, chicken, beef, steak, fish, cheese or any of the other fixings that can go into a salad.

If you can get the fixin's in your salad, do it because you're getting that meal you would've probably ordered/eaten later on in the day anyways with the combined benefits of those specific vitamins and nutrients found in all those tasteless vegetables. Two birds, one stone; eat salads erry day.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Question for the salad haters - how do you stay regular? Where are you getting your fibre if not from leafy greens?
    Fiber is not good for everyone. I have to be careful about how much and what type due to my IBS. Oddly enough, the less fiber I eat, the better my BM are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    EpicMealTime says "Fuck Salad", but they can be tasty.
    EpicMealTime is a shitty show for shitty people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tulune View Post
    Fiber is not good for everyone. I have to be careful about how much and what type due to my IBS. Oddly enough, the less fiber I eat, the better my BM are.
    sigh

Yes, you have a special condition that makes you different from the average person. This does not make the advice less true, it just points out that there are some people who are exceptions to the rule - and those people already know what differences they need to take into account, anyway.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

salad is so funny! hahahaha