Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Razer Synapse and Razer Naga Mouse Problems

Hello and Merry Christmas Everyone hope the new year brings everything you want and need

So I bought a Razer Naga Mouse (the one with the red lights and the 12 buttons on the side) about 2 years ago and lately it seems it has a problem probably. Sometimes when I try to move the cursor it is stuck in place and it can only go up and down but no right and left. This happens quite often and lately my middle button doesn't work as it should, like I have to press it quite hard to work, but this happens for 1-2 days and then it works perfectly. Same with the cursor problem, there are some days when it works perfectly.

Another problem I have, for which I searched everywhere and I couldn't find solution, is that Razer Synapse 2.0 Won't keep any options I make. Every single day I have to open it and recalibrate my headset and mouse options.

Any Ideas why this is happening? I don't want to thing that I have to throw away a 75 Euro Mouse. Also I have Windows 8.1 if that helps someone. I thought it might be the problem but Razer Synapse and my mouse worked perfectly before when I first installed Windows 8.1.

Thanks in advance! Happy Holidays and Game on Everyone!

Have you tried re-installing the software and making sure the connection to the PC is okay?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Have you tried re-installing the software and making sure the connection to the PC is okay?
    Yup countless times, I just wanted to know if there was a normal solution before I format my PC again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanarbfeather View Post
    Yup countless times, I just wanted to know if there was a normal solution before I format my PC again.
    Did you register an account for the Synapse?

Deleted
    Did you register an account for the Synapse?
    Well since I am using Razer Synapse and it's cloud system, yes I have an account for the Synapse. I also tried the option to store my preferences in my hard disk but still Razer Synapse refuses to work properly. Every Day same thing with it.

Well since I am using Razer Synapse and it's cloud system, yes I have an account for the Synapse. I also tried the option to store my preferences in my hard disk but still Razer Synapse refuses to work properly. Every Day same thing with it.
    Strange, not had the issue myself... That's about as much as I can offer. Sorry. :/

Deleted
    Strange, not had the issue myself... That's about as much as I can offer. Sorry. :/
    Thanks for trying though, I appreciate it! Hope you have a great New Years Eve! ( We always give this wish here in Greece :P )

10+ Year Old Account
    [for the first part, it's time to get a new mouse]

For the second - have you tried contacting Razer themselves? I've had a few issues with Synapse but not this one. I did have an issue where very occasionally it would revert to the default settings, but I never had to reprogram everything, just reselect the correct profile. My best guess is that maybe you have it set in your games to auto-swap to a particular profile when you load a particular program, and it's messing it up by changing it to settings you don't want.

I'm going to move this to the computer forum where there will be more knowledgeable & helpful people.

Preemptive warning not to turn this into a brand war/debate.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2014-12-30 at 08:58 PM.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

It's almost certainly a mechanical problem caused by wear.

Razers are pieces of shit, honestly. They look fancy but they're poorly made. The internal mechanisms are cheap, thin plastic that will break after 6-18 months of use. If your click feels "weird" (especially middle mouse) then it's quite likely you've got a crack or the beginnings of one on one of the internal plastic connections.

Just google "Razer mouse repair" and marvel at the countless Youtube videos showing you how to correct problems like this with hot glue guns and kitchen knives and all sorts of random shit. Of course you have to void your warranty to do any of it.

For "premium" or "high end" products they're a joke.

I'm done giving them my money personally.

Almost every razer product I've bought has broken pretty quickly or such. I've replaced 2 keyboards and 2 mice from them in the last 2 years averaging one a year and yep the mouse I just bought last Jan's scroll wheel has stopped working properly(a naga 2014). The products arent built well in my opinion.

Given all the symptoms you're describing with the mouse I'd say its broken given my experiences with em.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinesun View Post
    I just bought last Jan's scroll wheel has stopped working properly(a naga 2014).
    Heh.

Yup. Same model, same basic purchase date. My middle mouse wheel has begun sending random events. Every 2-3 "ups" sends a "down" and vice versa. Makes scrolling web sites amazingly annoying.

I Googled it and it's very common. Lots of "Self repair" tutorials but I said fuck it and bought a new mouse. Razer will never get another dime from me.

Queue a dozen people saying "I had a razer and it lasted a billion years so nyah." Like, yeah. Not every single one of their products will break. But I had a 2013 and it broke after 6 months and a 2014 and it broke after 6 months - regular use, nothing whatsoever unusual. That's unacceptable if you ask me for a product that costs 3-4x what a competitive device does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    [for the first part, it's time to get a new mouse]

For the second - have you tried contacting Razer themselves? I've had a few issues with Synapse but not this one. I did have an issue where very occasionally it would revert to the default settings, but I never had to reprogram everything, just reselect the correct profile. My best guess is that maybe you have it set in your games to auto-swap to a particular profile when you load a particular program, and it's messing it up by changing it to settings you don't want.

I'm going to move this to the computer forum where there will be more knowledgeable & helpful people.

Preemptive warning not to turn this into a brand war/debate.
    Well I tried to, but I can only type 500 characters and they are not enough to describe my problem, and they want me to call them to describe it. I live in Greece I cannot afford to call them at the UK HQ, my family will tear me apart when they see the bill. Of course I do not want to turn into a brand debate I just wanted some advice with my problem.

My naga used to have this happen once a week or so, and it was typically because of a hair getting caught under the laser.

I had two of them die on me from everyday use, Logitech's MMO mouse is much sturdier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinesun View Post
    Almost every razer product I've bought has broken pretty quickly or such. I've replaced 2 keyboards and 2 mice from them in the last 2 years averaging one a year and yep the mouse I just bought last Jan's scroll wheel has stopped working properly(a naga 2014). The products arent built well in my opinion.

Given all the symptoms you're describing with the mouse I'd say its broken given my experiences with em.
    I see, yeah I kinda figured it out myself. Personally from my experience, w/e Expensive Gaming equipment, excluding my keyboard, broke or had a problem. I am sick of giving Razer or any other gaming peripheral company money for things that break. Thanks for sharing your experience mate!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by F4ulty View Post
    My naga used to have this happen once a week or so, and it was typically because of a hair getting caught under the laser.

I had two of them die on me from everyday use, Logitech's MMO mouse is much sturdier.
    You mean that the laser can actually break from hair getting caught under it? Is that even possible? I have a cat and her hair is always around my room and sometimes I find hair on my mousepad.

I see, yeah I kinda figured it out myself. Personally from my experience, w/e Expensive Gaming equipment, excluding my keyboard, broke or had a problem. I am sick of giving Razer or any other gaming peripheral company money for things that break. Thanks for sharing your experience mate!

- - - Updated - - -

You mean that the laser can actually break from hair getting caught under it? Is that even possible? I have a cat and her hair is always around my room and sometimes I find hair on my mousepad.
    No lol, just that it would cause the problem OP was describing. Puff of air on the underside usually cleared it right up.

I've used the Naga since they came out. Now on my 2nd one. About a month or so ago, I got a pop up that Synapse 2.0 was available for download. Once I installed it, i couldn't change any of the buttons settings, it kept saying no mouse was found. I use the button right under the wheel for back on webpages and the one below that for forward on webpages. The default is reversed. Granted that's a small thing, but it was annoying enough I uninstalled Synapse. According to a Google search, Synapse not finding a connected mouse is common but couldn't find any solution that worked.
    Last edited by btlcryct; 2014-12-30 at 09:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by btlcryct View Post
    I've used the Naga since they came out. Now on my 2nd one. About a month or so ago, I got a pop up that Synapse 2.0 was available for download. Once I installed it, i couldn't change any of the buttons settings, it kept saying no mouse was found. I use the button right under the wheel for back on webpages and the one below that for forward on webpages. The default is reversed. Granted that's a small thing, but it was annoying enough I uninstalled Synapse. According to a Google search, Synapse not finding a connected mouse is common but couldn't find any solution that worked.
    I did have this problem! Exactly a week ago, with my new mouse (old Razer finally died to the usual click failure issues). Razer's customer support told me to return the mouse, that it was broken, but I was able to fix it after many reboots and reinstalls and driver fiddling. Hardware was fine.

Completely uninstall synapse. Reboot. Reinstall synapse. Reboot. Should finally see the mouse.

The uninstall first was the key. Although I reinstalled everything a hojillion times, it wasn't until I totally uninstalled and did a reboot that it finally picked up the mouse on the reinstall.

Of course I do not want to turn into a brand debate I just wanted some advice with my problem.
    I didn't mean that for you; meant it for the computer forum. Razer doesn't have a great reputation for product quality and I just want to make sure that people pointing that out are at least constructive when they point that out.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2014-12-30 at 09:57 PM.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I did have this problem! Exactly a week ago, with my new mouse (old Razer finally died to the usual click failure issues). Razer's customer support told me to return the mouse, that it was broken, but I was able to fix it after many reboots and reinstalls and driver fiddling. Hardware was fine.

Completely uninstall synapse. Reboot. Reinstall synapse. Reboot. Should finally see the mouse.

The uninstall first was the key. Although I reinstalled everything a hojillion times, it wasn't until I totally uninstalled and did a reboot that it finally picked up the mouse on the reinstall.
    My problem is not that it doesn't recognize the mouse, it recognizes the mouse and the headset, but won't keep any changes I make with the options. For example let's say I want the Bass Boost on and when I reboot my PC the Bass Boost won't be on next time Razer Synapse Reboots itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    My problem is not that it doesn't recognize the mouse, it recognizes the mouse and the headset, but won't keep any changes I make with the options. For example let's say I want the Bass Boost on and when I reboot my PC the Bass Boost won't be on next time Razer Synapse Reboots itself.
    That was for the other guy that posted

Although I'd still recommend an uninstall/reinstall for you, can't hurt to try. You said you reinstalled but try with uninstalling if you haven't done that. (if you have then disregard)

My best guess is still that the feature that allows it to auto-swap setting profiles depending on the games/programs you load is somehow overwriting your desired profile. Look and see what's set in there.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    Heh.

Yup. Same model, same basic purchase date. My middle mouse wheel has begun sending random events. Every 2-3 "ups" sends a "down" and vice versa. Makes scrolling web sites amazingly annoying.

I Googled it and it's very common. Lots of "Self repair" tutorials but I said fuck it and bought a new mouse. Razer will never get another dime from me.

Queue a dozen people saying "I had a razer and it lasted a billion years so nyah." Like, yeah. Not every single one of their products will break. But I had a 2013 and it broke after 6 months and a 2014 and it broke after 6 months - regular use, nothing whatsoever unusual. That's unacceptable if you ask me for a product that costs 3-4x what a competitive device does.
    Yep that's exactly what happened to mine. Razer mice etc are starting to remind me of the old Atari 2600 joysticks in the low quality department.