Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    LFR difficulty from MOP is closer to Normal difficulty in WOD.
    Closer to, but still miles apart. Normal Highmaul is still challenging for a signifigant portion of organized raids, and certainly challenging for a majority of PuGed raids (assuming ilvl requirements that aren't through the roof).

The only thing that made LFR "Challenging" for certain bosses is that a lot of the people the queued for it had little to no raid experience prior to running it and we'rent aware of their surroundings or just went afk through the fights.

I think one of my worse experiences in lfr was on windlord in Heart of Fear. we had a hunter with glyphed explosive trap that kept knocking the adds down the ramp and reseting the fight. We got up to 9 stacks of determination.
    Last edited by Arzosah; 2014-12-31 at 05:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that LFR HM is easy to make up for the cluster**** that is LFR MC.. >.<
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

It was always easy but it required some coordination and effort, now its absolute complete faceroll and Im perfectly OK with it. If you want chalenge there are 3 different difficultys for organased raiding, LFR is where you go to gear your alts and see the content.

i prefer this type of lfr over ToT.... who can forget Durumu the Forgotten. lol? people still failed at that at the very end of MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    WoD lfr seems easier, but im not sure about normal mode. Is normal still hard enough that a group of uncoordinated bad players wont clear it in a day? If so, job accomplished.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, a lot of people play with potato computers. The maze is nye on impossible to even see at low graphics settings.
    They patched it relatively fair amount of time to have the maze tickle you. You literally didn't have to do the maze, just avoid the beam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, LFR has never been this easy and unrewarding.

I'm wondering what their next quarterly report is going to look like. I'm hoping they're successful but I'm expecting a mass exodus of the casuals. A friend gifted me 3 months of game time recently otherwise I know I wouldn't be playing. As usual Blizzard heard crying (Raiders in abusive try hard raiding guilds feeling forced to run LFR) and went overboard with their ideas for fixing it. LFR is more faceroll now than even the most jaded raider whined about and completely unrewarding. Normal isn't accessible enough, and organized raiding is still completely unappealing.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Deleted
    Garalon or whatever the bug boss with the purple in the middle was so fucking retarted in LFR, got nerfed pretty quick.

LFR is and always was supposed to be easy, or at least easier by comparison to other raiding levels. Please don't let the elitists and no-lifers lie to you: this does not, in ANY way, diminish the difficulty or reward levels of flex/normal/heroic/mythic/whatever.

That being said, it does indeed appear that WoD has lowered the LFR bar even more than it was in MoP. I'm not quite sure if it's full-on tourist mode, but you have to think that as WoW ages and we see even more expansions, LFR is going to get easier and easier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arzosah View Post
    The only thing that made LFR "Challenging" for certain bosses is that a lot of the people the queued for it had little to no raid experience prior to running it and we'rent aware of their surroundings or just went afk through the fights.

I think one of my worse experiences in lfr was on windlord in Heart of Fear. we had a hunter with glyphed explosive trap that kept knocking the adds down the ramp and reseting the fight. We got up to 9 stacks of determination.
    Yup, that's the LFR I know and love! Lol.
    "Death is the least of my apprehensions in this den of evil." - Ivanhoe

Deleted
    If you compare the first LFR in MoP with the first LFR in WoD, they are pretty much the same. Because you cant compare SoO with the first LFR in WoD. Thats like comparing the first LFR in MoP and SoO which is a bit more difficult. So lets see where WoD will go. Not that it would really matter anyway as it is LFR and you get way worse items from it compared to MoP.

Deleted
    garalon says hi.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried the first raid of WoD in LFR and the boss died without me even noticing he died. Legit I thought there was another phase coming up but he had already did. This was the case for all the bosses actually.

But yeah, there's 0 incentive for me to run LFR anymore anyways because the gear looks the same as heroic dungeon gear. My only incentive previously was to acquire transmog gear and stuff.

LFR is way too easy. You should at least have to move from obvious bad stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Arzosah View Post
    In my experience most people died to the maze, mostly because they just never made an attempt to get to the safe zones and died within a couple seconds of the maze spawning.
    Personally, from people I know, most die due to not being able to tell where to go in the maze, because the colors of the ground and the maze are very similar, and hard to tell for the gaming layman.

Like almost every hard part of LFR in MoP, though, it could be solved simply by marking a target, and telling people to follow it. Seriously, that was capable of stopping almost all wipes in MoP, and so few people would do it. Coordination is what made practically all parts of MoP LFR hard, not player skill so much. It's just unrealistic to expect coordination and communication with 25 strangers.

It also is downright silly that a lot of encounters made by Blizzard are made with the thought of people having boss mods and the like installed, when the primary audience for LFR probably has no a single addon installed at all.

Cata LFR: (DS): Easier than MoP; most wipes came at Ultraxion, and the occasional wipe on Spine and Madness.

MOP LFR: (MSV, HoF, TOES, TOT, SOO): Relatively harder for most groups due to mechanics. Many wipefests at Garalon, Horridon, Durumu, Dark Shamans, Nazgrim, Garrosh. Overall you'd see a lot more deaths in MOP LF

WOD lfr looks to be alot easier, though. Seems to be lesser penalty for failing mechanics. The bosses feel like patchwerk tank spank.
    Last edited by ttak82; 2015-01-01 at 09:27 AM.

Deleted
    SoO and ToT LFR was appropriately difficult. WoD LFR is not. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    MoP LFR was insane at times. Much rage-quitting. Pre-nerfed Nazgrim comes to mind - a room filled with Ravager axes is not fun!

WoD LFR is considerably easier. My first ever run through Wing 1 of Highmaul was a total success. I hope the easiness continues with BF when it comes out next week.

Yes, I like it easy because LFR is my main source of seeing raid content nowdays. As a Blood DK queues for me are nearly non-existent. And I actually take time to read the journal entries too!

They should randomly throw in Heigan the unclean, just for giggles.

I'm kind of interested to see what blackrock foundry lfr will be like. There will be next to no one who has done normal+ highmaul in there. It should in theory just be the people LFR was designed for. I kind of wonder if it's gonna be somewhat challenging to them or just faceroll like highmaul is right now (which has a lot of people who normally would raid normal+ doing it right now to fill out some slots)

10+ Year Old Account
    Flex was easier than LFR for a number of reasons..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."