Page 77 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    @NYC17

You're attempts at grown up logic are so precious! Dial me up when you improve your reading. You appear to be fixated on the following language:

"If such tampering actually happens and were caught, the restaurant would be closed down and a case could be made for criminal charges."

Now, I realize that you may not be a native speaker (these are international fora and even an American might be naturalized), so let me explain. "If" is a word that creates a conditional statement. Correct, the whole point of the threat is "you don't know if we did, you probably can't prove, we did,, but maybe we did." My response -- flagged with the word "if" is that IF it happens AND were caught, the restaurant would be closed down and a case could be made for criminal charges. True or false? The restaurant was closed down. True or false? There were resulting criminal charges. See how easy that is? Now you can argue all you want that the restaurant later reopened or that criminal charges where only filed against the idiots who posted the video. /pat. That has no bearing on the point I made. There *were* criminal charges. At least one of the people ate a felony conviction. Do you have any idea what that means in a person's life? No? Look it up. The restaurant was closed by decision of the board of Health and later by public opinion. That's pretty clear.

So let's take this from the top. People in this thread -- go back -- I've spotlighted a couple, have said they (or heaven forbid, not them but maybe "that guy" would) would do things that might be in line with what happened in this case. Gosh, you want me to link you 20 others? No, I'm working through a fairly major firewall, how about you prove this is an isolated case. I made my preliminary prove up. Rebuttal is up to you and "nu uh, didn't" isn't much of a rebuttal.

I'm not seeing you produce proof of anything, so prove up or STUFU. Have a nice day.
    I addressed the restaurant closing previously. There's nothing else to say about it except for "being closed down" has a different meaning to you than it does most of the world. If you meant it would close due to public perception you should have stated that since you have such a grasp on the language and all. Of course you didn't mean that, but you can keep pretending like you did if it helps you.

Yes, link your 20 others. When you're done with that, link some data about how many employees work in the various different food related hospitality fields/businesses and explain how those isolated incidents, and rather miniscule amount, supports your crusade. I made it very clear that the chances of it happening are small. The chances of people getting caught doing it are even smaller. Why you think linking an incident in which a couple idiots uploaded their stupidity to Youtube for all the world to see, and face repercussions because of it, supports your bullshit is weird but not surprising

As for the criminal charges, I addressed them earlier which you don't seem to be able to comprehend.There are different ways to get caught. If you had said "caught on video" then there would be nothing to discuss. But you didn't, you used a general term lacking specificity. So again, unless I said it never happens(I didn't) then showing an isolated example doesn't do much. It apparently makes you feel better about yourself though, so there's that.

So you should really SUTF....oh fuck it, as a functional adult I can't take the usage of that, or the children who use it, seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valstorm Warsong View Post
    I always tip people way more that i actually think they deserve, just to ensure i'm not under tipping. The whole ordeal is usually very awkward for me.
    Well, I'm not sure what "way more" entails but 18% is the norm now I believe. I haven't been a server for quite awhile though so it may be more now. I usually tip at least $5 until the point $5 becomes less than 20ish percent.
    Last edited by NYC17; 2015-01-17 at 06:18 PM.

Some of the women I deliver to... I would rather be the one giving her the tip.

On a real note, I cannot stand people who can't be bothered to take care of their yard and their drive and walkways are covered in ice and they forget to turn on their front light and then they tip you $1 or less. It took me extra time to find your place because you couldn't take two seconds to turn on porch lights and light up your address and I literally just risked my health to tip-toe across your driveway, next time, risk your own neck and get your own fucking pizza or chinese!
    Last edited by fwc577; 2015-01-17 at 08:57 PM.

Ate yesterday at a mexican place and tipped nothing, had to wait 10+ minutes to even place a drink order (placed my whole order then) 10+ minutes to get my bill and never got a drink refilled.

Felt I was justified and I wont be going back anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Valstorm Warsong View Post
    I always tip people way more that i actually think they deserve, just to ensure i'm not under tipping. The whole ordeal is usually very awkward for me.
    The general rule here is to tip double the sales tax. That would be end up being about a 16% tip. More than that for good service, less than that if you're being unkind.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.