Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Mythic Tectus vs Mythic Brackenspore.

Hello, my guild is currently 2/7 on Mythic, and we are starting progress on Brackenspore. From the logs i could see that all guilds who killed bracken also downed Tectus really fast, so i was wondering if it's actually worth it going for Tectus first, since it takes so less time and effort to kill.
    Thank you for your opinions.

With 670+ ilvl Tectus it's easier, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tectus is probably easier from a mechanic standpoint, if you have enough damage.

We're going for Brackenspore first, but to be honest I'd say they're fairly even, maybe leaning towards Tectus a little more as the easier option.

Need enough gear or a really good two target cleave comp to make the "phase 2" dps check on tectus.

Deleted
    My guild had 110 wipes on Tectus, 17 on Brackenspore. Different sorts for different folks.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd say they're about the same difficulty. Tectus is shorter, and more high-intensity with everything happening at once, and Brackenspore is much longer, and demands consistent execution for an extended time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

if you're 670+, tectus is going to be the easier of the two fights mostly due to just how short it is. Brackenspore is a pretty long fight even with higher ilvl so it can be tougher to keep the focus going the entire fight. Bracken also has harder mechanics (tectus is really just get positioning right and nothing else).

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it a thing to do Butcher before Tectus now?
    I see many guild on 4/7 not having Tectus kill but Bracken > Butcher

I'm confused on what to try next Tectus it's a lot shorter but looks easier to fail than bracken and butcher it's kinda trivialized with water tactic but it's still a gear check.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post

I'm confused on what to try next Tectus it's a lot shorter but looks easier to fail than bracken and butcher it's kinda trivialized with water tactic but it's still a gear check.
    The reason why Butcher is sliding down the order is because the mechanics are extremely easy, it was only made difficult for the top end guilds due to the brutal dps check. With better gear, slower guilds are able to nerf the encounter more than others which have more complex strategies.

Brackenspore is mechanically more complex than Tectus but has lower dps requirements. With better gear, you may well prefer to do Tectus before Brackenspore.

Deleted
    Brackenspore difficulty is combat length.

Tectus is similar to Brackenspore in terms of difficult, it's shorter but you need good cleave damage (fire mages, enhancement, monks, balance druids, ...).

Butcher is really really easy fight, is just a dps check. It's like practice in a dummy for dps, really. You just need ~670ilvl (at 675ilvl is a joke).

We killed Tectus before Brackens. They're about the same, Tectus is just a lot of short wipes and figuring out exactly how to move, Brackenspore long and gets a bit boring with nothing changing during the fight.

I think Brackenspore would kill Tectus pretty easy.

For difficutly we tried both Brackenspore and Tectus and as a lot of our players have very low dmg compared to their gear, and it seems as a lot of our players do not quite get the concept of tectus red smoke we decided to do Brackenspore, as it is impossible for you to kill others in that fight. I think if we down Brackenspore we might need another week or two for Tectus (we do not have that time and I doubt we will take it) but it seems for us Brackenspore is easier. It is all about what your group is good and bad at. Brackenspore requires to be awake and shit for a much longer period than Tectus, while Tectus is quite a AOE and Controlled DPS check. It is a lot about switching to the right targets at the right moment in time , distributing dmg correct.

Overall I guess they are both actually easy and I am a little ashamed we have not downed both of them within a day, but I think Tectus might be a little more dependent on the DPS while Brackenspore is more of a healer fight.

Deleted
    Koragh >> Brackenspore > Tectus >= Butcher

Deleted
    Off-topic, but how much harder are those two than twins? We just formed a new Guild and started mythic last sunday with like 10 random players, brought twins down to 16%, guess we're going to kill them this ID.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noirlama View Post
    Off-topic, but how much harder are those two than twins? We just formed a new Guild and started mythic last sunday with like 10 random players, brought twins down to 16%, guess we're going to kill them this ID.
    Twins is waaay easier, if your raid can avoid the fire and use your healing cds properly its a piece of cake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bracken looks like a big step in difficulty from Twins judging by the fact that most if not all 4/7 guilds i checked killed it 10 days or more after twins.

10+ Year Old Account

We did. We killed Brackenspore towards the end of our last raid night, then spent maybe an hour or so on Tectus. Came back the next raid week and after clearing the 3 we had down, we went to Butcher next. Got that, then Tectus a couple hours later in the same reset. Both are fairly simple fights made easier by the gear that most guilds will have when reaching them now, and both are short fights so you can get in a bunch of pulls in a shorter amount of time. Positioning and strats are not hard for either, its just a matter of executing well enough, Butcher throughout the fight for maximum dps, Tectus on the yolo last phase.

Deleted
    Bracken looks like a big step in difficulty from Twins judging by the fact that most if not all 4/7 guilds i checked killed it 10 days or more after twins.
    depends tbh, a lot of guilds got to it before christmas hit, so some guilds took christmas break etc. It only took my guild about 15 pulls in total, about 9 of those pulls were done 2 weeks after we had actually got to the fight

10+ Year Old Account
    We took more attempts on Tectus, but spend shorter on him (About 1 and a half raid nights) than Brackenspore because the fight length is a lot shorter. Tectus is pretty easy when you get the positioning right (Most of our wipes were in P1 and P3 while getting the positioning right), but you do require some pretty good cleave/AoE to kill the 8 adds before they kill you.