Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    The OPEC pushes the exports so hard to get fracking out of bussiness which is a good thing to begin with but OPEC will get their moneys worth once fracking is done for. Expect steeply rising oil prices in the future.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    This is just a short little fun time with gas prices. Oil will be $300/br by 2018 and whoever the next president is will be a 1-termer on account of our terrible economy. You heard it here first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayaz2810 View Post
    I need someone much smarter than than myself to explain why all the news sites are talking a out oil prices dropping as if its the end of the world. Let me explain it how I see it and you can call me stupid and tell me how it really is.

1. Oil prices go down due to huge supply of crude outpacing demand
    2. As a result, gas prices go down, causing huge savings for the average American and a loss of profit for shitty money grubbing oil companies
    3. Americans turn around and pump extra money into the economy or start to save a little more.
    4. Economy grows. Oil execs make a little less profit (probably not enough to hurt their business. But maybe enough to only get a 5 million dollar bonus instead of 10 million)
    5. More spending across the economy leads to higher wages and more jobs in non energy sectors

Obviously I'm missing something cause the doom and gloom seems really stupid to me. Can someone explain how all of america saving a little dough is the end of the world?

Excuse my grammar and spelling errors. Typing on a small phone screen.
    Heh, but your gas and oil prices arent exactly close 2dollars a litre....(1,60 in euros) So for my country it might do good, however lowering gas and oil prices are Deflation signs too. Which can be bad if taking too long

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Heh, but your gas and oil prices arent exactly close 2dollars a litre....(1,60 in euros) So for my country it might do good, however lowering gas and oil prices are Deflation signs too. Which can be bad if taking too long
    They use Gallons....which makes it even more hilarious that anyone could cry about even the old gas prices down there
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    The OPEC pushes the exports so hard to get fracking out of bussiness which is a good thing to begin with but OPEC will get their moneys worth once fracking is done for. Expect steeply rising oil prices in the future.
    And when they rise fracking will start again. It isn't as if OPEC has unlimited oil at a price lower than fracking.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    I saw $1.89 per gallon today. So that would be almost exactly $0.50 per liter. Yes, that's cheap. Wasn't it over 2 Euros per liter recently? That's like $9/gallon with currency conversion.

There would be anarchy.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

2 euros? no. between 1,70 and 1,80, they said if the oil prices would rise further it would hit that. But then my country keeps those darn prices up by using high taxes
    So, yes im jealous of countries with lower gas and oil prices!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I saw $1.89 per gallon today. So that would be almost exactly $0.50 per liter. Yes, that's cheap. Wasn't it over 2 Euros per liter recently? That's like $9/gallon with currency conversion.

There would be anarchy.
    The basic difference between Europe and America is that Americans on average commute further and have less public transportation. This puts the burden of getting to work on the worker, hence why Americans complain about what Europeans see as very cheap prices.

Gas in Cheyenne Wy was 1.739 when I was there over the weekend. I also had .40c off a gallon through Safeway points making my gallon cost $1.239
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

when a countries economic growth is based on commodities like oil instead of what that oil is used for yes it is a bad think