Page 1 of 22
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Anyone NOT loving the crap out of this Expansion???

Because theres much to love! WoD is by far Blizzard's greatest expansion since TBC. Is there anyone not absolutely loving this expansion??? I really do fail to see how anyone could not like the quality product that Blizz delivered in this expansion.

1) Gearing is fun again

2) Leveling is fun again

3) Raids are fun again

4) Dungeons are amazing (although the game could use more of them)

5) Ground combat reinvented

6) Asharan is amazing and fun

6) Mounts are fun again

7) the world is beautiful

8) Lore Lore Lore! Its amazing. Love the Legion themes

So as you can see, theres much to love about this expansion.

Anyone not loving the crap out of this expansion??? And be honest.

I enjoyed levelling to 100. Didn't enjoy it a second time, and find the dungeons boring as all hell. Unsubbed about 2 weeks after launch /
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Pretty much enjoyed leveling the one time. Stopped playing after that. Might just be the game over all has worn on me and not the expansion. I don't know. I have no desire to log in anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Congrats Blizz. Everyone who wanted a Vanilla realm will get it with WoD. So much for never moving backward. Though, it will not be a pure vanilla server since you can still fly in the old content, and you don't have to farm things just to raid. Just wanted to congratulate Blizz for giving the folks what they wanted, a classic vanilla world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Or, maybe instead of making a strawman, they could just get a lvl 1 pony after they complete a quest in the starting zone

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Enjoying the content over all, but I am finding the numerous bugs that still plague the game to be increasingly tiresome, chief amongst them the "Transfer aborted: Instance not found".

Really harshens the buzz.

Deleted
    It's mediocre. Not as good as WLK, but Cata and Mop were worse than some of the Asian excretions that've come out so they didn't really have much of a bar to surpass. Gearing was interesting, but the stat system is a trainwreck. Class design is totally fucked for some specs. Garrisons are an incredibly cool concept but they're a total ballache in practice. I wish they'd had some community feedback thread before deciding what they're gonna decide what we want changed for 6.1.
    The raid is pretty cool, but there's only one of it, as opposed to TBC's and WLK's 'Bigger raid than Highmaul AND two little raids on the side' at launch.

So yeah. It's not bad, but I'm not loving it. There's little content, the class designers need to be reassigned to different professions and they need to seriously hire more customer service dudes. But I imagine Hearthstone brings in almost as much money as WoW so I doubt they'll spend any more on it.

Leveling was great the first 2 times, and garrisons were kind of enjoyable for about a week. I was logging in to do garrison chores still a few weeks ago, but now I just log in to raid twice a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Because theres much to love! WoD is by far Blizzard's greatest expansion since TBC. Is there anyone not absolutely loving this expansion??? I really do fail to see how anyone could not like the quality product that Blizz delivered in this expansion.

1) Gearing is fun again

2) Leveling is fun again

3) Raids are fun again

6) Mounts are fun again

So as you can see, theres much to love about this expansion.

Anyone not loving the crap out of this expansion??? And be honest.
    1) Gearing is fun again (until you are about as geared as you/your guild is capable of)

2) Leveling is fun again (until you do it for the 3rd time)

3) Raids are fun again (these are still fun until we have them on farm)

4) Dungeons are amazing (although the game could use more of them) (until you are done with them)

5) Ground combat reinvented (not sure what was re-invented here. I'm doing the same stuff I've always done)

6) Asharan is amazing and fun (multi-hour queue to a zerg fest, hardly fun for most)

6) Mounts are fun again (what is so fun about them? You click on them and go)

7) the world is beautiful (I'll agree here. The soundtrack is awesome as well)

8) Lore Lore Lore! Its amazing. Love the Legion themes (It's about average. I would have liked to delved a bit deeper into the Warlords backgrounds myself).

It's a decent expansion. They did some good things. I find myself logging in to do my Garrison Missions then logging out (unless it's a raid night). I don't feel the urge to level any of my Alts other than to get them their profession buildings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling experience: great.
    Once I hit 100, all down hill, I hate garrisons and what they have done to professions with a passion. I'd rather spend hours in a capital city than ever step foot in garrisons again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling was very enjoyable. Progressing my garrison was cool until I hit the grind stage and it started to feel more like an energy capped mobile game. Crafting was completely destroyed and I dont remember the last time I bothered putting in a work order. Profession bonuses are also gone and I feel like all of the "fun" things that they used to have are now offered as character bound items through your inn. The apexis dailies are fucking awful. The lore definitely has its moments that are extremely enjoyable and the cutscenes were very, very well done, but the over all story is terrible. The iron horde is absolutely no threat and feels like the short opening act before the real band which may or may not show up tonight.

Over all, I've loved the questing, leveling and reps, but thats about it. Once I'm no longer having fun capping characters and going on my tiny weekly raid, I'm not going to have a whole lot of reason to log in. This is coming from someone who didn't no life to level cap in one night and farm all the heroics the first day. I took my time. Went into this with a very clean, unbiased slate.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugum View Post
    1) Gearing is fun again (until you are about as geared as you/your guild is capable of)

2) Leveling is fun again (until you do it for the 3rd time)

3) Raids are fun again (these are still fun until we have them on farm)

4) Dungeons are amazing (although the game could use more of them) (until you are done with them)

5) Ground combat reinvented (not sure what was re-invented here. I'm doing the same stuff I've always done)

6) Asharan is amazing and fun (multi-hour queue to a zerg fest, hardly fun for most)

6) Mounts are fun again (what is so fun about them? You click on them and go)

7) the world is beautiful (I'll agree here. The soundtrack is awesome as well)

8) Lore Lore Lore! Its amazing. Love the Legion themes (It's about average. I would have liked to delved a bit deeper into the Warlords backgrounds myself).

It's a decent expansion. They did some good things. I find myself logging in to do my Garrison Missions then logging out (unless it's a raid night). I don't feel the urge to level any of my Alts other than to get them their profession buildings.
    How are your explanations any different than any other expansion? (for the ones relevant, obviously)
    In reality, Ashran can keep you busy, the game is not "alt friendly" so there should be plenty to do if you have even a single alt. Theres multiple tiers of raiding that most people don't even bother with before throwing in the towel, there are various things to do in the world (between rares, reps and otherwise). And stuff gets boring after a while. That's pretty standard. But at least they've had a more "trickle" approach this time around, which might curve the boredom curve for some people who can someone do everything and be bored in a week (?). Garrisons might not be fun to everyone, but it's new and in-addition-to all of the standard things. And it's not even really required, unless you're going for world firsts (which by the looks of how many people even do mythic, not really the case). Plus it can supply you with some really neat shit like moggable enchants, toys, gadgets, world pvp perks, more transmog gear to work on... o.O

I guess it just surprises me when people complain about lack of content then praise WOTLK when the start of WOTLK wasn't much more than spamming the same damn heroics (Occulus?!) 10000 times for rep, doing a raid released in like 2006 that was rehashed, then doing Wintergrasp which was just as zergy and instanced as Ashran, and had just as many imbalance issues until many patches later. Dem rose tinted goggles, I'm thinking.
    Last edited by HardlyWaken; 2015-01-09 at 04:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no doubt that this is probably the best expansion for WoW, at least for me. I'm just burned out on WoW at the moment. I'm just waiting for my damn Blood Elf models to come and I'll be playing again. As of right now I'm playing my Wii U and PS4.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Well done, sir. Well done.

i'm not having much fun anymore. garrisons are soul crushingly boring, and outside of my weekly reset things, there's only pvp and nothing else.

i miss having a lot of dailies i could run around and do. i don't miss gear being behind them, that sucked, but i do miss actually having something to do.

Inb4 ''oh its Jaylock''

I can agree that leveling and gearing was fun again..... which both ended pretty much the first week. Dungeons were also fun but that pretty much ended the second week, there's way too few, the gear isn't worth it and its just way too easy. I don't do much raiding these days but I'm pretty burned out of Highmaul already. So basically this expansion is fun for the first few weeks but quickly gets boring after that.

It was great then I got bored and have no desire to log in ever again

This post is about six weeks late!

I agree that the dungeons are much improved, and that the leveling is mostly fun. Everything is highly polished.

That said, I'm suffering from the same fatigue that a lot of others are, in that the end-game priorities seem way off base. There's too much benefit to garrison maintenance, and not enough to actually running dungeons or other world content. I have a bunch of alts, and I have so much gear from just running follower missions that there's not really anything to gain from heroics whatsoever. Besides that, LFR really is faceroll easy, and awards better gear than you'll get from heroics or quests, and identical gear to what you get from the much, much harder challenge modes.

So I don't know. I think the combat mechanics and core gameplay are excellent, better than they've ever been. I also think Highmaul is enjoyable, a very decent first raid. But... a lot of end-game stuff just feels wonky right now. I no longer really enjoy garrison management at all. I definitely don't feel like doing the "fill the bar" daily quests. Getting exalted with any faction is a chore. Crafting is so time-gated that it feels like another chore.

I don't know, there's just too much stuff that doesn't actually really require Warcrafting.

1) Gearing is fun again
    No. Getting a piece of subpar gear that I have to put in my bags because its shit, instead of reforging it into something at least a tiny bit better is depressing. Hit/Exp being gone good, but add no reforging and its just plain dull as shit.

2) Leveling is fun again
    Are you serious? Cant tell if you're trolling. Leveling is drab, do it once, and hate it every time after.

3) Raids are fun again
    Raids would be the best thing in this expansion if they had not reshuffled every guild because "Mythic" had to be a thing.

Dungeons are painful with bads, dull as shit with good players. The difference is so gigantic that there is no middle ground. It sucks or its boring.

*facepalm* ... Oh look a Resource node. ARRRG a giant hole in the ground, ok whatever ill ride around. ARRRG, 2 min later, someone steals your resource before you get there. This is super fun... said no one ever.

4 hour queue, 4-8 hour BG that isnt that good. Does anyone with a Job actually have the time for this? I think not. Oh in the middle of that you have
    mobs for PVE quests, Mobs to Farm that have nothing to do with PVP. Yep. Basically Ashran cant decide what its for, and ends up being bloated with
    people, half of which are only there because they've been forced into a 4 hour queue to do finally get in and NOT PVP... so everyone hates them,
    but what is their choice? The content is inside the zone. (Why this abomination isnt instanced... I dont know, It really should be)

6) Mounts are fun again
    What are you even talking about?! ...

Be very sure to lock players to a perspective that prevents them from seeing it very well.
    Also none of these environments are particularly fantastic...

The Lore is almost ok, Id have to wonder why they killed off Karioz. The cut scenes are decent though.
    Overall this might be the redeeming quality of this expansion.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Inb4 ''oh its Jaylock''

I can agree that leveling and gearing was fun again..... which both ended pretty much the first week. Dungeons were also fun but that pretty much ended the second week, there's way too few, the gear isn't worth it and its just way too easy. I don't do much raiding these days but I'm pretty burned out of Highmaul already. So basically this expansion is fun for the first few weeks but quickly gets boring after that.
    I forgot to add challenge mode dungeons to the list.

People seem to forget about these dungeons, and now they have more than just cosmetic rewards. They have epic gear at the end of them. Plus a bunch of achievements and vanity stuff.

The garrison and apexis grinds for the legendary quest needed to be account wide, and they needed to have pvp far better balanced than it was or currently is. After the recent nerf to the ret pvp 4 piece in order nerf it in pve, it made it useless in pvp. They are making a lot of mistakes this Xpac that I feel like they don't typically make in such a torrential, immediate downpour. Swapping mains to adjust my guilds raid composition is near impossible, since I have the 690 ring on my main and no where near the 125 abrogator stones required on my alt to swap.

Personal loot is a nice adjustment but it still has its issue. My raids composition is terrible, we usually run with about 12-15 people, last night SEVEN of those people were plate, and 4 were leather (all druids). We got double helm plate drops off kargath heroic, a heroic socket plate belt, a heroic plate belt off brackenspore (I think) and 2 pairs of heroic plate legs off tectus and because we were on master loot I failed to win a single piece of gear with an average roll of 25, and the coins were wasted. That is pretty depressing.

The other major issue I have with the xpac is how favoured alliance is this go around. They got an amazing looking Garrison, while horde got our garrisons placed in a shitty zone and for some reason we don't know how important it is to have walls on most of our buildings in this temperature. Then we have the imba racials for alliance which have caused essentially every single person that pvps competitively to reroll alliance. In the 500, only a ha handful of players are horde. Thats just really over the top.

Ashran was terrible. They've tried similar systems like this is the past (Wintergrasp, ect). They have never been terribly successful, and have always had performance issues. I don't know why they thought it would be different this time around. Seems like Blizzard took a lot of stuff they learned, or should have learned, from previous experiences, and threw them out the window when they designed part of this expansion, and thats a bit disheartening.
    Last edited by Alcsaar; 2015-01-09 at 04:49 PM.

I still like the 6 or 7 hours a week that I play which is only for raid nights. I havent actually messed with much else outside of arena's which got really old a couple of weeks into the xpac.