Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    If only they'd fix the bugs man...

Then it'd be perfect. I'm talking about minor aestethics and simple issues not some gamebreaking problems but these small ones are exactly the ones that break immersion :/.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    On that note, and this is probably too personal for someone else to decide, but would you say it's worth it to buy the game just to do 90-100 on a couple toons and casual raiding (either lfr or casually with a guild)? I have maybe 2 friends who still play so I don't really have a community to go back to.
    Meh, I would say it would be worth it if you plan to raid with a guild. Personally, my guild is the only reason I am still around. I usually ended up leveling toons near the end of an expansion. I have a few toons at 92 for the garrison, but haven't really gone beyond that.

That said, I wouldn't buy it solely just to level a few toons. It would probably be worth it if you plan on raiding for a few months, but personally, leveling 90-100 on a few toons wouldn't be enough for me to justify dropping the money on it alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Ugum View Post
    1) Gearing is fun again (until you are about as geared as you/your guild is capable of)

2) Leveling is fun again (until you do it for the 3rd time)

3) Raids are fun again (these are still fun until we have them on farm)

4) Dungeons are amazing (although the game could use more of them) (until you are done with them)

5) Ground combat reinvented (not sure what was re-invented here. I'm doing the same stuff I've always done)

6) Asharan is amazing and fun (multi-hour queue to a zerg fest, hardly fun for most)

6) Mounts are fun again (what is so fun about them? You click on them and go)

7) the world is beautiful (I'll agree here. The soundtrack is awesome as well)

8) Lore Lore Lore! Its amazing. Love the Legion themes (It's about average. I would have liked to delved a bit deeper into the Warlords backgrounds myself).

It's a decent expansion. They did some good things. I find myself logging in to do my Garrison Missions then logging out (unless it's a raid night). I don't feel the urge to level any of my Alts other than to get them their profession buildings.
    You have highmaul on farm? Must be nice to be 2% of the player base

Deleted
    I really like the garrisons because they put the social aspect back into wow.

7+ Year Old Account
    I agree with the OP this expansion is great and possibly the best since TBC. There are a TON of whiny, cynical people on these forums. Anyone that doesn't think this is a good expansion clearly has not been playing or is intentionally ignoring/avoiding the content.

Obviously if all you do is log in to do Garrison missions you are doing it wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Because theres much to love! WoD is by far Blizzard's greatest expansion since TBC. Is there anyone not absolutely loving this expansion??? I really do fail to see how anyone could not like the quality product that Blizz delivered in this expansion.

1) Gearing is fun again

2) Leveling is fun again

3) Raids are fun again

4) Dungeons are amazing (although the game could use more of them)

5) Ground combat reinvented

6) Asharan is amazing and fun

7) Mounts are fun again

8) the world is beautiful

9) Lore Lore Lore! Its amazing. Love the Legion themes

So as you can see, theres much to love about this expansion.

Anyone not loving the crap out of this expansion??? And be honest.
    1. Meh, nice to have more ways.
    2. Agree
    3. No, highmaul is worse quality then both ToT and SoO
    4. I hate dungeons so bias no
    5. No
    6. I can't even enter the sodding place
    7. They're no different from before other than being able to use flying mounts in ground areas.
    8. True, but it gets boring looking at my garrison 99% of the time i spend logged on
    9. Lore is good aye.

However despite the good points I can't say i'm enjoying it as there's almost nothing left to do as a casual non-raider, I'm ilvl 649 (Trying to get some LFR pants), i've done all the stables stuff, almost done with the garrison campaign (Which isn't as good as i hoped it would be other than a few select quests), the new raid bores me (5/7 normal and several wipes on the 6th boss), every follower is 645+ (Not like i can activly try and gear them beyond that either), no reason to go out into that beautiful world anymore (The apexis daily gives crap gear and is fustraiting as hell at some points), I'm slowly collecting iron horde scraps via my war mill since they fixed my precious farming spot a while back (Bastards), beyond that the only reason i log on is to see if a raid missions has popped up or not.

I'm desperate for content, I'd unsub if it wouldn't raise my sub price if i tried to resub (I'm in the UK so the old sub price of £8.99 has been uped to £9.99, but as an active subscriber i keep the old price). I just hope blackrock foundry keeps me entertained and that I don't have to go there for a legendery quest (Having to go through LFR when you have no need for gear is demoralizing at the best of times.

I had fun leveling to 100. Then I hit the brick wall content gating. It's like the dev team tried as hard as they can to keep things unfun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Because theres much to love! WoD is by far Blizzard's greatest expansion since TBC. Is there anyone not absolutely loving this expansion??? I really do fail to see how anyone could not like the quality product that Blizz delivered in this expansion.

1) Gearing is fun again

Tons of stats removed, reforging removed, 3-4 of the same item drops from heroics and if you get one with crappy stats (looking at you versatility) well though shit. Sockets are rare, around 10% iirc? Barely any enchants as well.

2) Leveling is fun again

Yes, I really enjoyed the leveling experience, definitely the best part of the expansion.

3) Raids are fun again

I didn't hate Highmaul, but it didn't blow my mind either. Don't have the "omg i must clear hardmode this is amazing" feel of ToT for example.

4) Dungeons are amazing (although the game could use more of them)

Agreed, the dungeons are all unique and a lot of fun!

5) Ground combat reinvented

Outside of mounted combat in Nagrand (WHY DIDN'T THEY HAVE THIS IN THE ENTIRE EXPANSION!?) what is different? There's a bit more to move out of, but nothing major has changed.

This I can't really comment on, not being into PvP.

6) Mounts are fun again

What is drastically different with mount in this expansion?

7) the world is beautiful

Shadowmoon and Nagrand yes, the other zones are pretty meh tbh. Also, I don't see much of it because the Garrison is now my own Capital City, almost no reason to leave otuside of a few daily things that need doing.

8) Lore Lore Lore! Its amazing. Love the Legion themes

What I hate about WoD lore is that it's all basically POINTLESS, in terms of progressing the "real" Azeroth's story. This is time-travelling, other-dimension BS. I get that Blizz wanted to show Draenor before it went to hell, but I'm a "look forward, not backward" kinda guy.

So as you can see, theres much to love about this expansion.

Anyone not loving the crap out of this expansion??? And be honest.
    I really feel like Blizzard dropped the ball with WoD, removing stats and various ways to customize gear, Garrison is a horrible idea because I almost never have to leave it, gathering proffs are useless etc.

I'm glad other people are having fun, but I'm taking a break until 6.1, maybe longer.

I think the next round of sub numbers is going to surprise a lot of people. This expansion was awesome until you hit 100, and then the problems (for some of us) reared their ugly heads. I unsubscribed a few weeks after hitting 100 and most likely (never say never) will not play WoW again. I check back once in awhile to see if they've decided to take PvP seriously, but I don't think it will ever happen.

Is op being sarcastic?

Yes, leveling as fun but it ended there.

I'm very surprised this whole thread isn't filled with the usual rebuttals to people saying they are bored by saying "well did you do this? did you do that?". If people wanted to do this thing or that thing they would have done it since they are currently bored of the expansion. Let's say you said in real life "I am really bored", do people say to you "well you own an air conditioner, have you taken it apart and put it back together again to see how it works? You own a microwave, have you taken it for a drive to Boston? You own a house, did you paint it and add a new room to it" No, of course not, because if the bored person had interest in doing said things they would have done it. Just because you own something doesn't mean you are interested in every single aspect of it.

Leveling was great but it felt like there was waaaayyyy too little content after. I completed my Garrison in a matter of a few weeks, collected all the treasures and rare mobs, geared to 645 and even leveled a second toon to 100. The worst part is I was playing causally and still have run out of stuff to do. Blizz really doesn't know the happy medium between too much side content and not enough. If its not an xpac riddled with dailies its one with nothing. Areas like the Isle of Thunder worked out great for me! Why couldn't they have included some max level content like that at release?

Quote Originally Posted by middling View Post

If not for the arch fragments and primal spirit I wouldn't bother with the mine or the herb garden but when you can make 1000g from very little effort trading the spirits for blood, it's hard to avoid. It's like walking by a $5 bill on the sidewalk, sure I have to bend down for it, but it's $5. Same with the garrison, not doing everything the garrison has, in my opinion is not optimizing your gold making ability.
    Gold is so stupid easy to make at this point that there really is no need to do everything in the garrison. It's more like walking past $5 in pennies on the sidewalk - yeah, it's $5 but if it takes me 20 minutes to pick them all up it's barely making minimum wage and my time is probably best spent elsewhere.
    Last edited by chipwood; 2015-01-10 at 04:11 AM.

A mature MMO should not feel dead a level cap less than 2 months from a release from an expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    Leveling was great but it felt like there was waaaayyyy too little content after. I completed my Garrison in a matter of a few weeks, collected all the treasures and rare mobs, geared to 645 and even leveled a second toon to 100. The worst part is I was playing causally and still have run out of stuff to do. Blizz really doesn't know the happy medium between too much side content and not enough. If its not an xpac riddled with dailies its one with nothing. Areas like the Isle of Thunder worked out great for me! Why couldn't they have included some max level content like that at release?
    Because "muh raid tier!"

haven't bothered to play. And I've seen very little reason to sub during this expansion. The lore is ridiculous, no Flying in current content, an obsessive fixation on trying to make people play in their garrisons and Trashcan/Ashran is horrible.

Also, the constant fucking with class balance is insanely stupid. Protip: If you motherfuckers haven't gotten the classes to a good balance by this point, YOU'RE NEVER GOING TO DO IT. It's been ten fucking years.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Deleted
    A large problem for me, and many of my friends, was the release of Highmaul. We loved the expansion before that, there were many things to do, reasons to log in, a grind (5mans for bis gear) and a challenge (daily CM). We enjoyed the game more than we had in years, and felt very positive about WoD.

Then Highmaul came, and with it, almost all that other content became completely useless. The gear from 5mans and cms became irrelevant, since it's worse than even normal mode HM gear, the apexis daily stopped being worth doing, the rest of the game just kind of became outdated. Highmaul became the only way to advance our characters, and normal mode was cleared in a week, leaving us with no content but doing the same raid again on heroic, farming transmog, and leveling alts. Just like during siege. Very few of us still play actively, and two cancelled their subs with promises to come back for foundry. I rerolled and decided to focus on pvp this expansion, raiding two days a week and pvping the rest.

Raids being the sole way to advance your character for everyone is a problem, a big problem. Especially with the introduction of LFR, making it the only way to advance your character even for casual players. We need alternative routes, we really do. It's the same story every time. It just isn't fun to not have any way to get stronger except on raid days, especially when the only raiding content is one raid with several difficulties.

I do not like how lore have been changed (before you tell me that this is another dimension or timeline, plz explain how half characters are exactly same, yet rest is totally different), imo they totally butchered some characters lore (Doomhammer, Kargath). Lore consistency is really where my OCD kick in, and since I read most WarCraft lore this really piss me off, I do not really understand that since original lore was really good!!! Who bring more respect and fear? Orc which shatter his own hand to free himself from enslavement, or orc which do this to prove his loyalty to his clan? What about Doomhammer!? Quest line is like kick in a face to all people who ever read about him! Maraad dies honorable death where he protect Yrel, and Orgrim just take cannonball to the knee and dies like peon ...

Lore aside playing warlock in Highmaul is not really fun, so I wait for Blackrock Foundry with expectation of being actually useful instead spending most time benching ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

It was great at first, but I'm already burned out. Garrisons have very poor lasting value once you've got your level 3 buildings and a comfortable amount of ilvl 645 followers, and everything else about the game is sorta junk. Once again, raiding is a huge crutch for the game, and if you're not doing it on a dedicated basis, WoW offers very little. I'd be unsubscribed right now if I didn't have friends that I played with.

Deleted
    I guess this is the point when everyone should have noticed the OP was being sarcastic.

It was sarcasm...?