Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Just got CMA from a mythic cache, and im sad about it.

Just last week i crafted 670 skull of war, and just three days ago i got (finally, after about 15 coins spent) heroic scales. I understand CMA is an upgrade over the skull but man could there have possibly been a worse upgrade i could have gotten in the cache? I am 663 ilvl, wouldnt a 670>685 upgrade on any of my gear pieces been a larger DPS boost than 685 CMA over 670 skull?

Just seems like my luck is the worst, and im gonna post about it!

Don't complain about a free trinket. At that ilvl you I'm assuming you won't be seeing M Imperator anytime soon, so you should be grateful for getting a trinket thousands of other players want, for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Just seems like my luck is the worst, and im gonna post about it!
    Trust me when I say there's plenty of people who've had far worse luck with caches than that, like getting 3 rings. Just be happy you actually got an upgrade.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

I just did four seperate 7 min dummy tests two with each trinket equipped, i see no difference in DPS Highest was 24,778 lowest was 24,476. Higher one was actually skull, but my multistrike was a bit higher in that one so it was likely the culprit.

I have 645 bracers, quite a few 655's and a 661 weapon.....but i get a trinket with one of the worst stats for SV! I understand its 2nd BiS and ill probably use it, but what a waste of gold for the skull and i honestly think it is the worst possible upgrade i could have gotten from the cache.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Trust me when I say there's plenty of people who've had far worse luck with caches than that, like getting 3 rings. Just be happy you actually got an upgrade.
    I dont have any mythic gear, anything would have been an upgrade.

I just did four seperate 7 min dummy tests two with each trinket equipped, i see no difference in DPS Highest was 24,778 lowest was 24,476. Higher one was actually skull, but my multistrike was a bit higher in that one so it was likely the culprit.
    That sample is nothing compared to a simulation, and you don't have raid buffs which affects the relative value of all your stats. If you want to know how they stack up you should sim it.

I dont have any mythic gear, anything would have been an upgrade.
    On my druid my first mission failed at 98%, my second mission got me a helm upgrade, and my third mission got me a Scales of Doom which is not even an upgrade to LDSC or 670 SoW. And on my warrior I've failed my only mission at 95%. So basically I'm 1 for 4 right now. Call me cynical, but Highmaul missions are not your friend.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2015-01-10 at 02:13 AM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

I crafted Stage 3 "of the Savage" engineering goggles for my hunter and then got a highmaul cache 2 hours later, which came back that night with my brand new Mythic Butcher helmet...

I've done 3 mythic cashes, ALL have been cloaks, all have been disenchanted as I've already got it.

You do not know what bad luck is.

Quote Originally Posted by TooNasty View Post
    Don't complain about a free trinket. At that ilvl you I'm assuming you won't be seeing M Imperator anytime soon, so you should be grateful for getting a trinket thousands of other players want, for free.
    Heroic Scales + 3/3SoW > CMA.

CMA is very weak, it has the worst stats for both specs(MM/SV).

And since procs scale exponentially with each other, having 2 buff trinkets is much better than replacing 1 of them for a passive.

Off-topic: My caches so far have been Ko'ragh legs(nerdgasm) and Tectus necklace.

That was my thought too tehterokkar but the sim sheet on this forum shows the 685 CMA above the 670 skull. Soo should i go against the sheet and go with my gut?

That was my thought too tehterokkar but the sim sheet on this forum shows the 685 CMA above the 670 skull. Soo should i go against the sheet and go with my gut?
    Sim sheet is done with single trinket only, thus CMA sim is very misleading to some people.

The sheet that Azor did only ranks the trinkets as singles. The value changes greatly based on what paid with what. Your best bet is to sim out all 3 possible combinations to see what is actually best for you.

Im not sure what you mean by 5 possible combinations. If anyone is really bored here is my character:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hbaormi/simple

Thats my exact gear, minus the 670 skull i have in my bags of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    it could be worse

you could have wasted 15k on upgrading a weapon because you throught you'd have to come through for your raid, just to have them one shot everything but imperator on heroic

7+ Year Old Account
    CMA got merged into CPA
    OP is a phony

Deleted
    It could be worse. You could've gotten mythic Face Kickers.

What the fuck am I saying? They're awesome. <3

just got mythic warforged chest.... course last week i got the mythic one. Oh well an upgrades an upgrade right

So far... Mythic Flenser's Hookring (meh) and Mythic Warforged bracers. (yay)

Quote Originally Posted by waat View Post
    I crafted Stage 3 "of the Savage" engineering goggles for my hunter and then got a highmaul cache 2 hours later, which came back that night with my brand new Mythic Butcher helmet...
    I hope you kept the goggles because they are probably better than the Butcher helm.

Long live item restoration.

10+ Year Old Account
    cma is underated IMO . For survival atleast for mm it sucks. Mainly because you can't always pair coin with something as survival. Plus there's nothing more consistent in a spec about consistent damage than a passive trinket. It depends on the fight also.