Page 1 of 2
LastLast

3 new jobs just announced!

Last edited by miguelcrespo85; 2014-12-20 at 04:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did they say anything about the jobs giving cross class abilities?

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Did they say anything about the jobs giving cross class abilities?
    No because they wont have a base class, which i think they will have their own spells but dont quote me on that

10+ Year Old Account
    Just think it'd be nice to have some more cross class stuff. Though understandable in terms of a no base class design.
    Guess we'll find out.

Too bad you won't be shooting people to heal, >.>

Just added a video for Astrologian and for Machinist

Astrologian looks great. Scholar was the first mmo healer i actually got really into healing as even getting into raiding with it and this astrologer inspired clockwork and tarot deck healer looks great tone wise and if it plays as good as the existing healers its the first mmo to announce a healer and excite me which is no small feat for this dps scrub

I don't quite get the no base class thing. So they start at level 1? It kinda just seems they removed an entire unique thing they had going for by removing the base class.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I don't quite get the no base class thing. So they start at level 1? It kinda just seems they removed an entire unique thing they had going for by removing the base class.
    Unless they've said anything that hints otherwise it looks like they start at the base level for the expansion and their questing story is tied into it. So you can't start as one but your character can meet a guy in coerthas or wherever that teaches you to be a dark knight and its part of the expansion experience. If thats the case i would then assume the same thing would happen to level.60 jobs in the next expansion and anything unrelated to an expansions story would be the patched job/class idea where you just meet someone in the world and it starts at lvl.1.
    As someone who played XI i say the more varying ways to unlock jobs the better. Id rather see them add stuff like a lvl. 50 quest to help an old man leads to getting a job crystal or something than every future job/class being a case of just going to a trainer and getting a base weapon.

If you started at level 50, then you'd either start with a ton of skills which could lead to information overload. Or you have to unlock a ton of skills in just 10 levels which would be better, but could also lead to confusion learning the classes. I suppose it's possible they'll do something akin to the way Death Knights were handled in WoW. You did an introductory quest line for the class starting at level 1, but leveled you up very fast. The quest line also taught you new abilities and you then had to use them (kill 10 fluffy bunnies with skill blahblah) to continue they quest line.

If you do start from level 50 though, it would make me wonder how they would handle level scaling for lower level content. Would you lose certain skills deemed too powerful for lower dungeons? Or would you keep all your skills and just let their power scale down? I would hope it's the latter, and if that's the case I would really, really hope they applied that to all classes. It's very annoying and confusing when you gain a new skill, just get used to it, then enter a dungeon and suddenly no longer have it because the dungeon is 1-2 levels too low. Or worse, gain a new skill while in the dungeon and not be able to use it at all.

Also... I hope they add at least 1 new row to each section of the armory chest. Even with some shared armor pieces, room is very tight as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    If you do start from level 50 though, it would make me wonder how they would handle level scaling for lower level content. Would you lose certain skills deemed too powerful for lower dungeons? Or would you keep all your skills and just let their power scale down?
    Well thats exactly what happens already when you do a dungeon that scales you to its level and its below a skills unlock level, its grayed out and you cant use it.

Deleted
    astrologian made me wet

10+ Year Old Account
    Astrologian new main. Wanted to play a star/celestial mage in an MMO my entire life.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Well thats exactly what happens already when you do a dungeon that scales you to its level and its below a skills unlock level, its grayed out and you cant use it.

I know that's how it works currently and when you start at level 1 and go up from there it makes sense. Skill A is level 1, Skill B level 4... Skill M level 37, etc. But to me it would seem odd to have a bunch of skills below my starting level, which would be the case if you start at level 50. But it also doesn't make sense for all your skills to be considered level 50, because dungeons and FATEs below that would leave you with nothing but auto attacks.
    That's why I would prefer a true level scaling system. You keep all the skills you've unlocked, but the power of those skills scales to the level of the content you're currently doing. A system like that would also be less disconcerting than losing abilities and your keybinds no longer making sense/no longer working, regaining your abilities and your keybinds all work again. I just think it would be a better system all around.

10+ Year Old Account
    EQ2 does that, but... it's really broken.
    Your gear scales down and stuff, but you have abilities you're not supposed to have and you can just roll through a lot of stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    God damn it...now i have to play it, Dark Knight ftw!
    #JusticeForRucati
    PSN: Iskalla74, inv for Destiny if you need help

Must have machinist and one day i hope they can ride a mech though doubtful, still aion did it =S i wonder if a lot of people are unhappy since it means they don't get their buccaneer/pirate so many were looking forward too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    EQ2 does that, but... it's really broken.
    Your gear scales down and stuff, but you have abilities you're not supposed to have and you can just roll through a lot of stuff.
    Tera (its broken but meh, damage is scaled waaaaay down) does that as well and honestly, broken or not, I would prefer not having my abilities level locked still in lower end content.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

They all seem fairly interesting. It's a shame that the Dark Knight isn't a DPS class since I have no interest in being a tank. I can see myself playing a Machinist, though - I've been waiting for a gun/technology based class since I first fell in love with the Garleans.

Deleted
    My only 2 jobs at lvl 50 are Paladin and White Mage, so yeah I like both tanking and healing and really can't decide what new job I will try first, they both seeems really appealing.

15+ Year Old Account
    For me its machinist all the way being a bard main i've wanted a more DPS centric ranged class (thats not blm or smn)

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"