Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...2/Laion/simple
    Spec: Windwalker
    Logs:

Gruul Chi Ex: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=18
    Gruul Serenity: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=13

Why am I doing Serenity so badly? I did 35k when I forgot to switch from CX to Serenity (did I just get really lucky with procs or something?), but only 33k with Serenity. I was playing pretty badly, but I'd like to be able to pinpoint why there's such a large difference when Serenity should be doing way more dps single target.

Recently swapped to MW from HPally to fill a raid healing spot. I feel like I'm doing relatively strongly, but since we're running 25/6 I'm guessing I'm just getting sniped. I'm also ~10 ilevels below the top healers and running a terribad 640 trinket (main swapping is expensive, yo!) which doesn't help. Hopefully get a 665 from our alt normal Furnace run next week to tide me over, else Mark from a H Imp PUG if RNGesus allows.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...llify/advanced

H Furnace (first kill): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...6&type=healing
    Comments: Sat around for a lot of P1 doing very little, since there's nothing to heal (we stack Foreman on one side, add more DPS, and a strong tank healer to cover it). Fistweaving seems like the better option here but maintaining ReM blankets becomes infinitely harder. Sat in the melee group in P3 and Uplifted/RJW'ed for victory to keep them up. Any suggestions for pushing out more HPS here? I could probably get out some more Uplifts to align with Blast but not sure where else I can push harder.

Iron Maidens (first kill): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...6&type=healing
    Comments: After a couple of wipes and realising the damage over normal is minimal, I just went ChiEx/Xuen and fistweaved the entire fight. I can see Tiger Power uptime as a weakness here (~11% more damage; need to fix my BrM/WW WA for it to work in Crane). I almost solely prioritised ChiEx 4 > lesser ChiEx since I wanted to stack spheres in the melee group. What else should I be fixing here? RSK uptime? Better approach?

Keen to see if I can push harder on H Blackhand since Destruction hits really f-cking hard, and there should be more healing to do that Druid HoTs + PW:S can't cover.
    Last edited by Mollify; 2015-02-22 at 10:15 PM.

Deleted
    Armory:eu.battle.net/wow/character/burning-legion/Systuh/
    Spec: WW
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL):warcraftlogs.com/reports/QCYFbzPZkpGcWnMa/#type=damage-done&start=12256615&end=12484327&source=110

Butcher mythic patchwerk style ... at start im made 50k+ then im drop to 12k ,,, and dont know what im doing wrong

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Systu View Post
    Armory:eu.battle.net/wow/character/burning-legion/Systuh/
    Spec: WW
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL):warcraftlogs.com/reports/QCYFbzPZkpGcWnMa/#type=damage-done&start=12256615&end=12484327&source=110

Butcher mythic patchwerk style ... at start im made 50k+ then im drop to 12k ,,, and dont know what im doing wrong
    Just a quick look before my raid starts:
    You let Tiger's Power fall off toward the beginning of the fight for several seconds.
    You missed a lot of casts: 3 FoF, 5 Chi Wave, 8 RSK, 1 ToK, 1 Energizing Brew
    You also missed some defensive casts, using Dampen Harm once when you could have used it 3 times

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lyon View Post
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...2/Laion/simple
    Logs:

Gruul Chi Ex: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=18
    Gruul Serenity: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=13

Why am I doing Serenity so badly? I did 35k when I forgot to switch from CX to Serenity (did I just get really lucky with procs or something?), but only 33k with Serenity. I was playing pretty badly, but I'd like to be able to pinpoint why there's such a large difference when Serenity should be doing way more dps single target.
    Your Gruul kill with serenity, you were in the 92nd percentile overall, and 63rd (above average) while at the bottom of the 680-687 ilvl bracket.
    You missed: 6 RSK, 1 Chi Brew, 1 Xuen, 2 Energizing Brew, 3 Chi Wave, 2 ToK
    You also didnt use your defensives as much, and shouldn't be using Diffuse Magic over Dampen harm on Gruul.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rsofa/advanced
    Spec: Brewmaster
    Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=-3&source=17

I had a name change 2 days ago, that's why I'm named Öl in the logs. I cant work these websites and analyze them in any way and would be nice if someone could see how I can improve? I don't have a particular boss fight or anything where I'm wondering, I'm just feeling generally like I'm doing pretty bad and would love some advice. Go hard on me yo

Quote Originally Posted by killmatik View Post
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rsofa/advanced
    Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=-3&source=17

I had a name change 2 days ago, that's why I'm named Öl in the logs. I cant work these websites and analyze them in any way and would be nice if someone could see how I can improve? I don't have a particular boss fight or anything where I'm wondering, I'm just feeling generally like I'm doing pretty bad and would love some advice. Go hard on me yo
    Taking your Gruul kill, for example:
    Fight length: 253s

Rotational:
    Keg Smash: 20/32
    Shuffle: 98.30%
    Tiger Power: 93.55% -- this is because you didn't cast TP until your initial Serenity finished; you had 100% uptime after that
    Chi wave: 4/17

Short-term defenses:
    Time spent sitting at EB cap: 20s
    GotO pickups: 19/25
    Guard: 6/10

Long CDs:
    Serenity: 3/3
    Fortifying Brew: 1/2
    Potions: 1/2
    Touch of Death: 1/1
    Level 75 talent: none

Chi usage:
    Income: 146 chi
    Jab chi lost by using while capped: 2
    KS chi lost by using while at 3 or 4: 1
    Chi gained during Serenity: 58/90 --- you didn't cast PB at all during Serenity

You're dual-wielding; maybe this is just bad loot luck, but do try and get the staff from Oregorger. The polearm from Beastlord is also nice for pushing more DPS, but the staff's more important.

You hit energy cap a bunch of times, although not for very long each time. You lost 2 chi by using Jab while full, and another 1 by using KS while at 3.

Overall, you're basically fine as far as rotation goes. Note that this analysis doesn't take the particular fight into account, so I haven't looked at whether you're using your CDs at the right times, doing proper movement and taunt swaps, etc. Areas to work on:
    * Try and get your KS usage up, you only got 62.5% of your possible casts of it.
    * Replace some of your TP casts with Chi Wave.
    * Sort out your keybinds so you can hit BoK and PB every GCD during Serenity, maybe by making a macro to hit them together.
    * Either spec for healing elixirs, or remember to cast DM/DH
    Last edited by Rockets; 2015-02-23 at 07:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockets View Post
    Taking your Gruul kill, for example:
    Fight length: 253s

Rotational:
    Keg Smash: 20/32
    Shuffle: 98.30%
    Tiger Power: 93.55% -- this is because you didn't cast TP until your initial Serenity finished; you had 100% uptime after that
    Chi wave: 4/17

Short-term defenses:
    Time spent sitting at EB cap: 20s
    GotO pickups: 19/25
    Guard: 6/10

Long CDs:
    Serenity: 3/3
    Fortifying Brew: 1/2
    Potions: 1/2
    Touch of Death: 1/1
    Level 75 talent: none

Chi usage:
    Income: 146 chi
    Jab chi lost by using while capped: 2
    KS chi lost by using while at 3 or 4: 1
    Chi gained during Serenity: 58/90 --- you didn't cast PB at all during Serenity

You're dual-wielding; maybe this is just bad loot luck, but do try and get the staff from Oregorger. The polearm from Beastlord is also nice for pushing more DPS, but the staff's more important.

You hit energy cap a bunch of times, although not for very long each time. You lost 2 chi by using Jab while full, and another 1 by using KS while at 3.

Overall, you're basically fine as far as rotation goes. Note that this analysis doesn't take the particular fight into account, so I haven't looked at whether you're using your CDs at the right times, doing proper movement and taunt swaps, etc. Areas to work on:
    * Try and get your KS usage up, you only got 62.5% of your possible casts of it.
    * Replace some of your TP casts with Chi Wave.
    * Sort out your keybinds so you can hit BoK and PB every GCD during Serenity, maybe by making a macro to hit them together.
    * Either spec for healing elixirs, or remember to cast DM/DH
    Appreciate the help man!! Thanks

Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/EN/character/Proudmoore/M%C3%AEstsyou/advanced
    Spec: Mistweaver
    Combat Log (Operator Tho'Gar Heroic, First Kill): www warcraftlogs com/reports/BLxfWzqapTh1M86d/#type=healing&fight=20&source=3
    Combat Log (Gruul Heroic): www warcraftlogs com/reports/zwYrcfLFNbqGgRyV/#type=healing&fight=13&source=14
    Combat Log (Beastlord Heroic): www warcraftlogs com/reports/zwYrcfLFNbqGgRyV/#type=healing&fight=19&source=14

I seem to be having severe issues with running out of mana pretty early on in most of the fights, to the point where I have to sit back and try and build up mana tea stacks for a while and burn channeled mana potion. Am I just putting way too much emphasis on filling every single GCD with heals when I really don't have to? I know I need to Fistweave more in fights, because I really don't at all at the moment. Any advice would be welcome. And yes, believe me, I am changing from Ascension as soon as servers come up. I've been using it for more mana from Mana Tea due to the issue that brought me to post this.

(Sorry for the broken links, first post on MMOChamp and I can't post links without previous posts. Just need to throw in the periods on the WCL links. Also, any Mistweavers out there have a UI addon they'd recommend? I've been using Zperl because I've been using Xperl since Wrath but with the memory leak issue as of late and the Perl frames being kind of questionable at best, I'm looking for something new.)
    Last edited by Fistsyou; 2015-02-24 at 12:50 PM.

Deleted
    Armory: eu battle net/wow/fr/character/ysondre/R%C3%A0lek/advanced
    Combat Log (BRF HM Clean) : www warcraftlogs com/rankings/character/3523951/latest# for all BRF bosses on Heroic.
    Combat Log (16 wipes Beastlord Darmac Mythic) : www warcraftlogs com/reports/QzkCWfAt7JYT1n8d#type=summary&boss=1694&wipes=1&source=25 for 16 wipes on Darmac Mythic yesterday night.

Came back from a 4 years break from High PVE Content (just played briefly for these years) and playing Brewmaster since 1 weeks and a half more or less.

For Heroic modes: it just seems I do very low DPS, I don't understand why. Always trying to cast KS and TP when nothing else to do.

Darmac Mythic:
    Very low DPS? I always try to spam KS and RJW with adds incoming. Should I get ChiEx on this fight?
    Survivability: When Darmac jumps off the Rylak it's insane... I just tend to get instagibbed and my lowspec computer doesn't help with fire on the ground...

Thanks if you can help.

Armory: us battle net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Brunbear/simple
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): www warcraftlogs com/reports/GqQbgcHawfdZyVCJ#fight=1&type=damage-done&source=11

Some days I'm good, other days I suck. Mostly I suck. Last night after looking through logs of others, etc. I tore down everything and restarted - got rid of my rotation helpers and what not, and just simplified it to your Weak Aura Babylonious. I'm still getting used to WCL and how best to line things up so that i can help myself understand where I am failing - but need help as the gear isn't the issue my playing is!

I noticed sometimes you guys are able to say "you only cast 3 out of 7 possible FoFs" - how do you know this? Is it just going to CASTS and then averaging the cooldown vs. the time on the boss? or is there an out of the box feature in WCL that tells me this?

Thanks so much for help! The other monk in my guild consistently beats me, and I chronically look at the meters durig the fight to make sure i'm competing but i've turned off Skada for now to try and focus more on what to do rather than creeping meters.

Finally, I read the post on TeB and when to use it and will try to stick to that - I think I clip TeB quite often (can't seem to find out how to tell this with WCL either) but with your WA Baby I think I wont be clipping anymore.

Any help is appreciated
    Last edited by fLaPjAk; 2015-02-25 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fistsyou View Post
    Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/EN/character/Proudmoore/M%C3%AEstsyou/advanced
    Combat Log (Operator Tho'Gar Heroic, First Kill): www warcraftlogs com/reports/BLxfWzqapTh1M86d/#type=healing&fight=20&source=3
    Combat Log (Gruul Heroic): www warcraftlogs com/reports/zwYrcfLFNbqGgRyV/#type=healing&fight=13&source=14
    Combat Log (Beastlord Heroic): www warcraftlogs com/reports/zwYrcfLFNbqGgRyV/#type=healing&fight=19&source=14

I seem to be having severe issues with running out of mana pretty early on in most of the fights, to the point where I have to sit back and try and build up mana tea stacks for a while and burn channeled mana potion. Am I just putting way too much emphasis on filling every single GCD with heals when I really don't have to? I know I need to Fistweave more in fights, because I really don't at all at the moment. Any advice would be welcome. And yes, believe me, I am changing from Ascension as soon as servers come up. I've been using it for more mana from Mana Tea due to the issue that brought me to post this.

(Sorry for the broken links, first post on MMOChamp and I can't post links without previous posts. Just need to throw in the periods on the WCL links. Also, any Mistweavers out there have a UI addon they'd recommend? I've been using Zperl because I've been using Xperl since Wrath but with the memory leak issue as of late and the Perl frames being kind of questionable at best, I'm looking for something new.)
    Since nobody was biting on your post, I figured I could give it a try!

You don't cast Expel Harm at all, which in a 7 minute encounter (Operator Thogar for example) makes you miss out on 28 potential chi (hard to get 28 chi, but you should be getting atleast 15-20 on a fight like this). You make up this lack of chi with spamming surging which will make you end up with no mana. Seems to be the trend through all of the logs. Also, like you said, switching to power strikes is better than Ascension atm.

On a kill of heroic tho'gar of similar length, I had 133 chi gained (with no fistweaving) vs your 93, so if you work on casting more expel harms and switch over to Power Strikes, I think that's gonna work wonders for you. PM me if you need any further help

Get on that fistweaving as well, just keep at it through the entire BL phase, it's crazy good for mana tea!
    Last edited by Vasciras; 2015-02-25 at 10:54 PM.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fLaPjAk View Post
    Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Brunbear/simple
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...done&source=11

... snip...

Any help is appreciated
    Tiger power was 89% should be 99%
    Missed casts: 1 FoF, 1 EB, 11 RSK, 3 Chi Wave
    You were capped on energy quite a few times

With that and lookign at the post about TEB will be quite useful. Thats just a quick look in between raid pulls. Someone else can take a closer look if I don't get back to it in time.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Help

Armory = us.battle.net/wow/en/character/whisperwind/Bluu/simple removed the http so i can post link.
    AskMRrobot logs = www .askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/a704e85b-a205-4e4f-9302-36cebb17d7c9/report/51#v=1,d=1

Hey everyone Bluu here and i am in dire need of talking with someone that knows how to play a MW monk to its full potential. Since i'm new to the site i cant post links or videos, but i have askmrrobot logs you can look at. Bluu-whisperwind

I have yet been able to break 30kHPS during any fight i have done. It's basically come down to changing my Main to another class cause i just feel i'm way off on rotation and understand of the Monk. I have read many forums and spent many hours on trying to figure out what i am doing wrong. I am willing to get on vent to chat about rotation etc, If you are willing to help me with this big issue of mine add me to your battlenet ID Majesticz#1927. Man i'm so tired of sucking with this class and the hardest part is i really like the monk and don't want to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Tiger power was 89% should be 99%
    Missed casts: 1 FoF, 1 EB, 11 RSK, 3 Chi Wave
    You were capped on energy quite a few times

With that and lookign at the post about TEB will be quite useful. Thats just a quick look in between raid pulls. Someone else can take a closer look if I don't get back to it in time.
    Whoa! 11 RSKs? That's terrible. But with that reality check I went back into the logs and figured out how to look at "Debuffs - Cast by friendly" - the RSK uptime on Butcher me was a terrible 41.23%. That explains a lot.

My next raid is this Friday where I will hopefully be able to keep it a bit simple with TeB - I still am a bit confused b/c I want to 'always use it' with FoF but end up clipping so many times.

I think I have to fix a few fundamentals before I can even graduate to the TeB min/maxing - is that safe to say? such as 100% uptime on RSK debuff, 99% TP alone in that fight would have made a major difference - ignoring of course my clipping, missed EB/Chi Wave, and energy capping.

Thanks so far Babylonius!

10+ Year Old Account
    Amory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...edreh/advanced
    Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...g#type=healing

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Stylax/simple

Now before I get into this, these are merely 2 people who are applying for the "off" or perhaps "main" position in our guild for the MW. I too am applying for it but my guild officers have asked me to give my thoughts on this and since I just began healing literally 2 weeks ago (I usually main WW, however find MW fun as well), I am very new to this stuff when reading logs with mistweavers.

Thanks for anyone that could help.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Amory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...edreh/advanced

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Stylax/simple

Now before I get into this, these are merely 2 people who are applying for the "off" or perhaps "main" position in our guild for the MW. I too am applying for it but my guild officers have asked me to give my thoughts on this and since I just began healing literally 2 weeks ago (I usually main WW, however find MW fun as well), I am very new to this stuff when reading logs with mistweavers.

Thanks for anyone that could help.
    Can't judge gear since he has switched to BrM

Medreh: You only posted one log which only had one kill in it. But from what I could skim through, he was using chi wave for an encounter where you'd use Chi Burst, also not using RJW/SCK/CT at all. Only cast 6 out of 31 possible expel harms. Died 2 minutes into the fight. Should be uplifting more and using enveloping mists less, 50% overheal on env mists.

After looking through some more logs, seems like he has the Expel Harm usage nailed down on some other fights, but the enveloping mists trend seems to continue.
    Last edited by Vasciras; 2015-02-26 at 10:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm... While we're at this,.. Can you fellers give your opinions on me?

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...mario/advanced
    Logs:https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...XTax49#fight=2 and https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/RTKzM2QG4dDAN1nL

Since you mentioned the Expel Harm usage, I am definitely going to be making a weakaura for that as soon as I get home. Thanks Vascira!

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Lyloo/advanced
    Combat Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vgzRGnQcdh3JFWZY

I find on some fights I'm really getting under performing. I understand that they are harder to heal, but I've seen people with higher numbers. How can I improve my healing during the high movement fights (blackhand/maidens) or overall?

Appreciate the help.

Deleted
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oyolein/simple
    Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Pqm4t6nWbDNLgpw8#

I don't really know, what I could do better. 30k hps is not such good. I saw other monks with higher numbers.
    I had the whole fight RJW, but never used it, so I used on the last try Xuen, but I don't know, if this is really that good :/

suflakes

Hey there! I am a Brewmaster Monk and i play in Tarren Mill(EU). Throughout my WoW career i have played mostly tanks. I have been playing this monk since late MoP and had cleared a few HC bosses on SoO with it(pre-nef) and always kept it as an alt untill WoD hit and i chose to make it my main tank! From the day i started HC highmaul i have never really felt i am taking a huge amount of damage from bosses and i am currently using mastery build, neither did i ever have any problems while tanking a particular boss in general, in short i LOVE this spec dearly! But i think my guildies aren't very much impressed with my tanking skill(its not that they said in it my face, but i was told to roll ww last night and got replaced by a DK), and this sudden address made me really anxious. The problem here is basically this --- I dont know what i am doing wrong! I have tried asking a friend of mine who helped as best as he could and finally referred me here. Please help me out. Show me a way, I just wanna know what i'm doing wrong

Armory eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Sunflakes/advanced
    Logs warcraftlogs.com/reports/n2fjXRa8cP7hg1qk#fight=17&type=damage-done&source=601

please help me out!
    Last edited by Sunflakes; 2015-03-07 at 05:33 PM.