Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunflakes View Post
    snip!
    I try to answer the questions in the order you asked

Power Strikes:
    Keg Smash on Cooldown. Always. The only thing you have to care about here is not to overcap Chi. Using KS at 3 or 4 Chi would be a waste. Try to fill a Blackout Kick or Purify before. The Power Strikes Cooldown is starting as soon as you get the Buff, not as soon as it is used. So it is not possible here to miss a procc. But here you can use the procc at 3 Chi. The "5th" Chi will drop as an Orb you can pick up later.
    Energy starving should not happen that often when you dump with one Jab (or Expel Harm when your Life is <90%) at 80+ Energy

Fortifying Brew:
    Yes it is the only Major Cooldown we have aside from Zen Meditation (which does not help alot while activly tanking). But these "Oh Shit" Moments shouldn't occour when you know the Encounters, when you know when the damage spikes are coming. If you get surprised by a damage spike you have Expel Harm or Healing Tonic for example.

Elusive Brew:
    We stack mastery for the unavoidable heavy physical nukes, not for auto attacks of the bosses. Elusive Brew negates the AA damage, not these heavy nukes. There are a few exceptions in BRF (e.g. Blade Dash at Maidens, or Fist of Stones at Kromog, or Heavy Smash at Darmac Mythic's 4th Mount) which we are also able to dodge. You also don't need to wait for 15 Stacks. Just use it whenever you are activly tanking and want to negate some AA.

Shuffle:
    Yes, always 100% with serenity. In Warcraftlogs you lose a few % because it is not up at the pull. But you can check the Buff and look how often the buff was applied. This should be 1 with something like 98% Uptime.
    With Chi Explosion I think it CAN happen that there are rarely some interupts in this Bar, but also with Chi Explosion this should not happen in a perfect world environment.

Tier 5 Talents:
    In most cases Dampen Harm is the "Go to" Talent. The only Boss where I used Diffuse Magic was while I "progressed" Blast Furnace HC for the last phase. But I could handle it without it. I'm not talking about Mythic here. In Mythic I think you need Diffuse Magic.

I use Healing Elixiers at Darmac, Thogar, Maidens, Blackhand and meanwhile Oregorger also because I have always a Full Absorb of Acid Torrent with Guard alone. These Bosses have no real dangerous nukes. Flamebinder I pick Dampen Harm only because of the Dogs' Breath. The Boss herself is never a real danger except for her Stacking Dot after Firestorm.

Again, I'm not talking about Mythic here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabator View Post
    Snip
    Thanks for your input Kabator, I feel like I was holding back because our Guardian Druid has issues holding threat at the start of the fight when I would pop Xuen, but I'll just make sure that the threat generating abilities Xuen has are turned off, that should eliminate that problem. You're 100% correct on my Guard usage, I feel that ability can be used a lot better.

Deleted
    Armory - eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ghostlands/Razaghoul/simple
    Spec - Windwalker
    Combat Parse - warcraftlogs.com/reports/pQht4v8fYnW9FXLB#fight=12

I feel that my DPS is fairly decent for the most part, but I seem to fall behind a fair amount as soon as any adds arrive in the encounters (Beastlord, Thogar, etc.) I've sort of put this down to the, 'others can do it better so I don't need to', mentality and I'm finding it difficult to shift. This is mainly because I don't like my DPS to consist of cheesed AoE meters and acceptable single target, when I can let other people who are stronger at taking out the smaller adds do so, while I focus on the boss.

I'm not sure if anyone who's better at analyzing the logs can give any deeper insights into my play and mistakes I'm making. Any advice/criticism is welcome, thanks.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Shequan/simple
    Spec: Mistweaver
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l...m/healingDone/

Hi all, I've recently switched from Druid to Monk because I prefer monk play style. I've read the sticky guide here on the forum multiple times and I'm trying my best to follow it's advice. Still I feel my healing in raid are quite lacking.
    Can you help me point out where I should improve?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Blasting; 2015-04-06 at 10:20 PM.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...h%c3%b5/simple
    Spec: Brewmaster
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...nvVdY#fight=11

Last night to spice up the HC farm a bit I joined on my brewmaster instead of my paladin tank. I did most of the time just fine, but i have the feeling that I am making some stupid mistakes in my play. Those make me mostly on Iron maidens feel much less solid than I feel I should be. But also doing a large chuck of less damage than on my paladin.

So I hoped that you guys could take a look and see on what I can improve.
    thanks in advance

Im getting page no founds on both of the links in Blasting's post.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rocky/advanced
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ummary&boss=-2

Hey I am fairly new to BrM and i was wondering if someone would look at my logs and give me some pointers on what i might be doing wrong so i can help my guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Slakos View Post
    Im getting page no founds on both of the links in Blasting's post.
    Links fixed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall5001 View Post
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rocky/advanced
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ummary&boss=-2

Hey I am fairly new to BrM and i was wondering if someone would look at my logs and give me some pointers on what i might be doing wrong so i can help my guild.

I would advice you to read the guide in the sticky thread. There is nothing you are doing right.

- no Lv30 Talent uses
    - Rushing Jade Wind on Singletarget
    - no Expel Harms
    - inacceptable Shuffle Uptimes (eg 34% on Darmac, or 76% on Gruul)
    - Diffuse Magic on Oregorger, Hansgar or Iron Maidens
    Last edited by mmoc6785fb2956; 2015-04-07 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabator View Post
    I would advice you to read the guide in the sticky thread. There is nothing you are doing right.

- Playing with Ascension as Lv45 Talent
    - no Lv30 Talent uses
    - Rushing Jade Wind on Singletarget
    - no Expel Harms
    - inacceptable Shuffle Uptimes (eg 34% on Darmac, or 76% on Gruul)
    - Diffuse Magic on Oregorger, Hansgar or Iron Maidens
    This, I can understand the confusion of Diffuse Magic on Oregorger, it looks like a 'spell' of some sorts but it's actually physical damage.
    www.summonstone.com/monk/brewmaster is a very good guide aswell, if you're looking for multiple sources. Read those, get some practise and we'll try to help you improve when you learned the basics
    Last edited by Darkmystica; 2015-04-07 at 12:53 PM.
    Yodakai - Brewmaster Monk
    Darkmystica - Protection Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothmog View Post
    Welcome to Blizzard balancing.
    Take public opinion from 6 months ago, multiply it by factor 2 of crazy, add a 1-20 of RNG and nerf warriors.

I took the liberty of looking up warcraftlogs rather than worldoflogs, since I have gotten used to warcraftlogs, and Iron Maidens is not a particularly good fight to look at throughput.

I hope this is your parse, Shequan/Blasting:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/Q9XKdgx8YNwLVDat

I chose to look at Kromog, since that is a fight that can show off your throughput. It is also mechanically quite easy, so you should be able to focus on your healing. It looks to me as though your main issue is chi generation.

You generated a total of 72 chi compared to the 110 that Geris generated (even though he wasted 12 of them compared to your 2).

You used Expel Harm a total of four times over the encounter. Since the fight has a duration of 5m40s you could have used it 23 times. In addition to being a very cheap chi generator, Expel Harm synergizes with Power Strikes and generates an extra chi every time (unless you use power strikes to generate chi with surging/RJW).

You used Renewing Mist 45 times, which can sound quite good on a 5m40s fight considering it has 8 second cooldown. You have to remember, however, that you have a chance equal to your multistrike for your renewing mist not to go on cooldown when used. This means you can use it more than you would originally think.

Because of this, you were able to use uplift 20 times. In comparison, Geris was able to uplift 41 times doing more than twice the healing you do.

Since you are also low on spirit you can consider using Chi Torpedo over Rushing Jade Wind to free up more mana to use on different spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziktator View Post
    I took the liberty of looking up warcraftlogs rather than worldoflogs, since I have gotten used to warcraftlogs, and Iron Maidens is not a particularly good fight to look at throughput.

I hope this is your parse, Shequan/Blasting:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/Q9XKdgx8YNwLVDat

I chose to look at Kromog, since that is a fight that can show off your throughput. It is also mechanically quite easy, so you should be able to focus on your healing. It looks to me as though your main issue is chi generation.

You generated a total of 72 chi compared to the 110 that Geris generated (even though he wasted 12 of them compared to your 2).

You used Expel Harm a total of four times over the encounter. Since the fight has a duration of 5m40s you could have used it 23 times. In addition to being a very cheap chi generator, Expel Harm synergizes with Power Strikes and generates an extra chi every time (unless you use power strikes to generate chi with surging/RJW).

You used Renewing Mist 45 times, which can sound quite good on a 5m40s fight considering it has 8 second cooldown. You have to remember, however, that you have a chance equal to your multistrike for your renewing mist not to go on cooldown when used. This means you can use it more than you would originally think.

Because of this, you were able to use uplift 20 times. In comparison, Geris was able to uplift 41 times doing more than twice the healing you do.

Since you are also low on spirit you can consider using Chi Torpedo over Rushing Jade Wind to free up more mana to use on different spells.
    First of all thanks for taking some time to help me out, really appreciated. All good points here, some i've already addressed, especially the expel harm which i made a weak aura to remind me each time it's off cooldown. About REM, i mostly use it to gain chi to uplift, but then sometimes i just don't use it cause people are already topped off. Is it not going just on overheal? Or it's better to use it anyway and just bank cheap mana tea with it? About spirit, yeah that severly limit me especially on RJW. I'll try going for chi torpedo more, even if I love RJW.

Even if ReM will overheal it is still worth using for the chi and for the potential healing your uplift will get in the future. To maximize your throughput you should never have three stacks of ReM ready to cast - at least one of them should always be on cooldown. Then you can spend more charges so you have high ReM coverage for when a lot of damage is incoming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IDespicable View Post
    Sometimes my guild asks me if i want to tank our heroics for fun (I usually swap between all 3 specs for us depending on what we need.)

So today I'm posting some brewmaster logs, I want to make sure I'm doing decently because, my main roll is still up for discussion.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...14J7Xb#boss=-2

I'm Winning by the way.

I play brewmaster for every fight except Blast Furnace, I felt I did pretty good, warcraftlogs is saying I rank well on the KRSI tank rankings, but secondary input is always helpful.
    I took kromog to analyse

- purified stagger 77% -> good
    - shuffle 99% -> good
    - keg smash 30/36 -> ok but could be better
    - expel harm 97% overheal. You can Try to time it better ( didn't have a look at your Hp bar)

overall it looks ok. I cannot Check your guards right Now (writting on phone). I could Check this later

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...smonk/advanced
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WFvnR8MCTafhk7gb

My DPS is super garbage , I recently rerolled ~3 weeks ago , still trying to figure out stuff , outside of actually using tiger palm is there anything else thats pretty big that I'm missing out on? dont hate too hard xo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by InFlames- View Post
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...smonk/advanced
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WFvnR8MCTafhk7gb

My DPS is super garbage , I recently rerolled ~3 weeks ago , still trying to figure out stuff , outside of actually using tiger palm is there anything else thats pretty big that I'm missing out on? dont hate too hard xo
    Hi i Did Not look into every parse, but a few notes wehre you can improve

- Keg smash needs to be used on cd. You missed ~10 in One of your wipes in under 4 minutes

- fill every free global cd with Tiger palm

- watch Out to Not overcap chi

- if you decide to play serenity in such easy Boss (from tank Dmg pov) you should purify much more

- Zen sphere wasnt used that much

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aundice/simple
    Spec: Windwalker
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...8/7/#boss=1704

I'm doing absolutely abysmal dps on Blackhand for some reason and was wondering if maybe someone sees some glaring mistakes.

I also used to only play Ascension/ChiEx on everything because I really hated the position requirement of Blackout Kick so if someone could take a look at some other logs and give me some pointers on Chi Brew/Serenity that would be much appreciated.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sileh View Post
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aundice/simple
    Spec: Windwalker
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...8/7/#boss=1704

I'm doing absolutely abysmal dps on Blackhand for some reason and was wondering if maybe someone sees some glaring mistakes.

I also used to only play Ascension/ChiEx on everything because I really hated the position requirement of Blackout Kick so if someone could take a look at some other logs and give me some pointers on Chi Brew/Serenity that would be much appreciated.
    Not entirely sure why you took Chi Burst over Zen Sphere or Chi Wave on Blackhand, there is rarely, if ever, a 2nd target that you can hit with the cast.
    You only had 82% uptime of your RSK debuff, should be as close to 100% as possible, thats 17% reduced damage whenever its not up. When using Chi Explosion for Single Target, you want to use RSK on CD. Only for Cleave/AOE do you want to use it only to keep the debuff up.
    You missed out on a bunch of casts. There can be some movement with BH, so you can't expect perfect usage of spells:
    11 of 15 FoF
    10 of 12 Chi Burst
    27 of 47 RSK
    2 of 3 Xuen
    2 of 4 Touch of Karma

Logs may just not be showing food/flasks, but I think it normally shows food, which you didn't have.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Not entirely sure why you took Chi Burst over Zen Sphere or Chi Wave on Blackhand, there is rarely, if ever, a 2nd target that you can hit with the cast.
    You only had 82% uptime of your RSK debuff, should be as close to 100% as possible, thats 17% reduced damage whenever its not up. When using Chi Explosion for Single Target, you want to use RSK on CD. Only for Cleave/AOE do you want to use it only to keep the debuff up.
    You missed out on a bunch of casts. There can be some movement with BH, so you can't expect perfect usage of spells:
    11 of 15 FoF
    10 of 12 Chi Burst
    27 of 47 RSK
    2 of 3 Xuen
    2 of 4 Touch of Karma

Logs may just not be showing food/flasks, but I think it normally shows food, which you didn't have.
    First of all, thanks for taking the time to check the logs and replying

I also can't think of a reason to pick Chi Burst over the others, will be changing that.

I actually don't know why my RSK is so low, I normally use it on cd when I'm playing Serenity

I must also add that I'm on add duty on phase 2. And yea, we always use flasks and food.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sileh View Post
    First of all, thanks for taking the time to check the logs and replying

I also can't think of a reason to pick Chi Burst over the others, will be changing that.

I actually don't know why my RSK is so low, I normally use it on cd when I'm playing Serenity

I must also add that I'm on add duty on phase 2. And yea, we always use flasks and food.
    Add duty... ew. Are you all out of hunter, boomkins, priests, warriors, rogues, or basicallly anyone else? I go up the first hit just to ToD an add to pad meters.
    If you can play serenity then go with that. On our kills my CD's line up very very nicely with everything and the longer your kills the more nicely they should line up.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch