Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...wbies/advanced
    Spec: Brewmaster
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=1695&wipes=1

I feel like I'm being killed to quickly once we get to the <20% phase. I feel like I need to plan Guard better and maybe hold out on CDs for a bit longer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aranduh View Post
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...wbies/advanced
    Spec: Brewmaster
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=1695&wipes=1

I feel like I'm being killed to quickly once we get to the <20% phase. I feel like I need to plan Guard better and maybe hold out on CDs for a bit longer.
    13+ Minutes, and the Bosses are still alive. Thats way too long. The core issue are the fails in this phase. No one is dodging the turrets' Fireballs. Your Melees die because the tank is not soaking Blood Ritual. Your People are dying, the bosses don't drop.

If your people stay alive the bosses will die.

All your deaths were a combination of the turret damage and meleehits. Without the fire damage you wouldn't die at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabator View Post
    13+ Minutes, and the Bosses are still alive. Thats way too long. The core issue are the fails in this phase. No one is dodging the turrets' Fireballs. Your Melees die because the tank is not soaking Blood Ritual. Your People are dying, the bosses don't drop.

If your people stay alive the bosses will die.

All your deaths were a combination of the turret damage and melee hits. Without the fire damage you wouldn't die at this point.
    Balls. That's what I was worried about. Luckily this was our first real night on Iron Maidens with a new co-tank who severely out gears me coupled with some small frame rate issues and I gave up trying to hardcore dodge the fire. Will give it a better shot tonight and hopefully work out the FPS issue beforehand.

(I can't post links! But I left the important bits.)

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/icecrown/Braavos/simple
    Spec: WW
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): [warcraftlogs]/reports/MmH8bpBJ6PWcw34j#fight=10&type=summary

This is the most recent week's logs of kills but feel free to look at other weeks if you want. I'm not sure if I'll see a repeat this coming week but I usually rank pretty low compared to other WWs of my gear level. There are some that have less gear that seem to do much more. I understand that Gruul is the benchmark but this last week's Gruul went pretty well so I'll leave it on Kromog for now.

If you have any advice or see any glaring errors, I would love to know. Thank you!

Armory:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hyana/advanced
    Spec:Mistweaver
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL):https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tmHpDrL1kbgFWXG2

Hey guys, thanks for doing this thread. As most people, I've read a few guides and think I know what I'm doing but my healing seems to be consistently lower than our other healers. Any help appreciated.

This was just a couple of mythic attempts and 2 heroic brf bosses. They were very sloppy but might show healing better
    Thanks for your time

Deleted
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ues/Vil/simple
    Spec: Windwalker

Hey there folks!

My question in very simple, and is aimed for those that already tested or have a better idea that i have about this.

My doubts are about my weapons choice, and my trinket combinations.

Weapons:
    I have both the maces from hans and franz on HC, and the Thunderlord staff for the beastlord in HC. For what i have seen, most WW are using the 2h one. Can you explain why?
    Trinkets:
    I have both Sclaes of doom /butcher mythic), and the Beating heart of the mountain (hc) and Meaty dragonspine trophy (HC Warforged). im the current meta, which should i use?

Thanks in advance =)

Hello, Grettin. I took a quick look at your logs, and I canot see that you use Expel Harm much at all. Every time you use Expel Harm (at least with power strikes) you gain 2 chi. You can use it every 15 seconds, and should use it as often as you can because it is a very cheap way of generating chi. On the Gruul kill you generated 76 chi. You used Expel Harm five times out of a potential 17.

Oregorger was even worse - you did not use Expel Harm at all there. By using Expel Harm you generate more chi that you can use to hearl more. For maximum throughput you should use it on cooldown.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilnar View Post
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ues/Vil/simple

Hey there folks!

My question in very simple, and is aimed for those that already tested or have a better idea that i have about this.

My doubts are about my weapons choice, and my trinket combinations.

Weapons:
    I have both the maces from hans and franz on HC, and the Thunderlord staff for the beastlord in HC. For what i have seen, most WW are using the 2h one. Can you explain why?
    Trinkets:
    I have both Sclaes of doom /butcher mythic), and the Beating heart of the mountain (hc) and Meaty dragonspine trophy (HC Warforged). im the current meta, which should i use?

Thanks in advance =)
    Weapons: 2H beats 1H by about 1%, go with whatever is higher ilvl, and if they are even then go with 2H

Trinkets: Beating Heart + MDT
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

For Ysami:

I did a comparison log with a recent furnace of mine

My monk is Kají at Barthilas

I don't particularly bother with Crane on this one and with dual spirit trinkets I'm never having a mana issues and am generating more than enough tea stacks. I'd probably suggest running pool of mists for a start along with changing weapon enchant to spirit potentially to support more RJW (but looking at your mana curve it looks ok but I use alot of RJW in phase 3 and stack on the melee group)

Fight wise on the elementalist burns I'll stack on the melee group and RJW as required, and just standard ReM and uplift and any spot cocoons and Soothing/Surge combos, Chi Brew is also a talent I would look at it gives great control and can be used as an uplift burst to fire off 3 quick uplifts if required. Try and use revival if the situation presents itself around phase change of 1 into 2 to get things settled and it will be ready again for you either in transition to phase 3 or for use in phase 3. Phase 3 I stack with melee RJW as much as required and continue rem/uplift requirements.

Hope it helps in some way

Edit: Oregorger noticed this "I'm placed on crane duty with the melee camp when he is stationary." So much better you are stacked on ranged and RJW when acid hits, don't know why they put you in melee tbh
    Last edited by ijak; 2015-04-17 at 04:58 AM.

Hi. My name's Avilina, and I'm a terribad monk. I want to improve, though, and so I was kind of hoping that y'all might look at my logs and point out the most obvious things I can step up so that next time I ask I'm a medium-bad monk instead. Many many thanks.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/9cgzhbvkJN2AwxdD/

Oh, armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Avilina/simple
    Last edited by SlippyCheeze; 2015-04-17 at 06:25 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    posting this to try and help my roomate, here's his log from tonite's Normal BRF Gruul kill...

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=19

His character name is Milwaukee - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lwaukee/simple (didn't have enuff mats to do frostwolf on his MH tonite)

I play Parisei.

Anyhow, asides from him being a keyboard turner (yes, he turns with his cursor keys) any other tips I can offer him? 669 ilvl and doing 18k dps hasta be more to it than I even understand >.<
    All I can see is his Blackout Kick is really low.

We both use the add-on Hekili.

thanks in advance!

Armory us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nerzhul/Wongnumba/simple
    Logs warcraftlogs.com/reports/z7AcaTx1dPMkgYmD#type=casts&source=30

I just switched two days ago to MW from WW due to losing two healers. This was my first raid as MW and I know I am doing awful. I consider myself a decent WW enough but MW seems to be having its way with me. I have read a vast amount of information and dissected logs on my own to see casts/prios/healing done ect and it did not seem to have any affect. This was my first raid as MW as well but I know I am doing a lot wrong. Few quick questions as well:
    1. I find myself chi starved at the wrong times. For example, I will have 4 chi from 2 REM renews and a 2 channeled SM/Surge heals and there will be no damage going out but I dont want to uplift because there will be aoe going out in 10-15 seconds and I have 3 REMs out and need more for the upcoming aoe...should i dump it all into and uplift and then reapply 2 REMs or sit and SM heal.

2. My gift of the serpent healing percentage is terrible (3rd-4th overall) but a lot of decent parces I see have it as number 1 or two for healing overall...should I be using REM more often.

3. I see some logs where it looks like they barley follow the SM-->Surging mist healing pattern. Is it hard casts now with gear? Is it worth always channeling SM and then Surging or should it be hardcast.

4. Upon going into the fight after a little bit of FWing I go back to wise serpent and toss up 3 REMs and then keep tossing out 2-3 until it caps. Is this correct? I feel like I am wasting REMs going out early and getting hit for it when they all fall off together esp during an aoe phase.

Thanks so much for the help!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys,
    I'm quite new to "monking", it is just my alt that I have lvled up couple weeks ago. And since I lvled as brewmaster, I'm new to dpsing as well.
    Here as some logs from our yday alt run:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...Qk6cYV#boss=-2
    and my armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...matar/advanced
    So if you can point out some mistakes etc.
    "Not that I mind senseless violence, manling, but what are you doing to that old man?" - Gotrek, the Trollslayer

Deleted
    hi guys, can you help me find what i'm doing wrong in blast furnace, i must be missing something when i look at the comparison, cd usage are similar but the best parse manage to do around 50k, i only get 41k... i run 1450 spirit but seems to me that isn't the problem.

if you can help me i will be very grateful.
    p.s. sorry my english

comparison of our best try with best parse:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/compare/pwBJxcYLCzvRPTAX/9MZ7bXdcm4WCYkG8#fight=6,13&source=20,Harciest

my log alone of our best try:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/pwBJxcYLCzvRPTAX#fight=6&comparesearchplayer=20&comparesearch=2.10.2.128&type=healing&sour ce=20

my stats:
    askmrrobot.com/wow/player/eu/aggra_%28portugu%C3%AAs%29/monks%C3%A1tiro (i can't have access to the armory right now)
    Last edited by mmoc60a135344d; 2015-04-17 at 01:48 PM.

My thoughts on your questions, Tibbet:
    1) If there is no AoE, and no incoming AoE shortly - why not use your Chi for Enveloping instead? The tanks surely take some damage. When the AoE starts you should of course be back up with renewing mists on the raid and four chi pooled up for use. Mistweaving is a lot about planning ahead and knowing the fights.
    2) You should always use ReM. In addition to the healing it gives you chi that you can convert to more healing. Ideally you should never have three renewing mists ready to cast, at least one should be on cooldown.
    3) I see no reason not to channel soothing before a surging. It gives you a lot of flexibility to follow the surging up by more surgings, and assuming you have the two-set it also builds up your multistrike chance.
    4) You don't necessarily have to throw out 2-3. I would start by casting one to make sure you don't waste potential chi, and save the rest for known AoE phases. A few seconds before AoE phases begin you should throw out the rest of them so the raid is covered in ReM as the AoE hits.

I also took a look at your log, Barrabas: The main difference, is that he generates a lot more chi than you do. You generate a total of 119 chi over 7m17s. He generates 242 chi over 11m13s. If we divide by duration we see that you generate 16.3 chi per minute while he generates almost 21.6 chi per minute. The more chi you generate, the more chi you have to spend on heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziktator View Post
    My thoughts on your questions, Tibbet:
    1) If there is no AoE, and no incoming AoE shortly - why not use your Chi for Enveloping instead? The tanks surely take some damage. When the AoE starts you should of course be back up with renewing mists on the raid and four chi pooled up for use. Mistweaving is a lot about planning ahead and knowing the fights.
    2) You should always use ReM. In addition to the healing it gives you chi that you can convert to more healing. Ideally you should never have three renewing mists ready to cast, at least one should be on cooldown.
    3) I see no reason not to channel soothing before a surging. It gives you a lot of flexibility to follow the surging up by more surgings, and assuming you have the two-set it also builds up your multistrike chance.
    4) You don't necessarily have to throw out 2-3. I would start by casting one to make sure you don't waste potential chi, and save the rest for known AoE phases. A few seconds before AoE phases begin you should throw out the rest of them so the raid is covered in ReM as the AoE hits.

I also took a look at your log, Barrabas: The main difference, is that he generates a lot more chi than you do. You generate a total of 119 chi over 7m17s. He generates 242 chi over 11m13s. If we divide by duration we see that you generate 16.3 chi per minute while he generates almost 21.6 chi per minute. The more chi you generate, the more chi you have to spend on heals.
    Thanks for the help! We're you able to see anything that I missed in my logs? Large glaring mistakes?

I just had a quick glance at your chi generation. On Darmac you seemed to do quite well. You seemed to use renewing mists every time it was available and got use out of your power strikes almost every time. You could have used more expel harm to generate chi, but this isn't a major concern. You generated almost 19 chi per minute on darmac that you were able to spend on healing.

On Oregorger you did not do as well. You did not use Renewing Mist as much as you could, and your power strikes only gave you 16 chi. On a fight of that duration you should have been able to get 25 chi from Power Strikes. This equates to a bit above 14 chi per minute.

Gruul seems to be even worse, but this is because you died. (This is obviously bad for your healing)

Perhaps you don't always feel you need to generate chi, but that is what makes up your throughput. You need to know the fights so you can anticipate the incoming damage. In general it seems to me as though you are on the right track.

You ended up with 20 stacks of mana tea for a long time on Darmac, but you didn't run out of mana, so it is not a major issue. Perhaps you could have increased your throughput by drinking mana tea to allow you to RJW more, though.

You could also have used life cocoon more, but I am also guilty of saving mine in case of emergencies. On Oregorger or Gruul it could have been used as a part of the cooldown rotation on tanks to keep them alive through inferno strike and acid torrent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziktator View Post
    I just had a quick glance at your chi generation. On Darmac you seemed to do quite well. You seemed to use renewing mists every time it was available and got use out of your power strikes almost every time. You could have used more expel harm to generate chi, but this isn't a major concern. You generated almost 19 chi per minute on darmac that you were able to spend on healing.

On Oregorger you did not do as well. You did not use Renewing Mist as much as you could, and your power strikes only gave you 16 chi. On a fight of that duration you should have been able to get 25 chi from Power Strikes. This equates to a bit above 14 chi per minute.

Gruul seems to be even worse, but this is because you died. (This is obviously bad for your healing)

Perhaps you don't always feel you need to generate chi, but that is what makes up your throughput. You need to know the fights so you can anticipate the incoming damage. In general it seems to me as though you are on the right track.

You ended up with 20 stacks of mana tea for a long time on Darmac, but you didn't run out of mana, so it is not a major issue. Perhaps you could have increased your throughput by drinking mana tea to allow you to RJW more, though.

You could also have used life cocoon more, but I am also guilty of saving mine in case of emergencies. On Oregorger or Gruul it could have been used as a part of the cooldown rotation on tanks to keep them alive through inferno strike and acid torrent.
    Excellent thanks! Quick question. What is the interface between power strike as you suggested? Also is it a concern that my serpent healing was so low compared to most logs I have seen? It also looks like my REM casts were less than my uplifts also a concern? My thunder focus tea I was using on cd but should that be saved for when there is a lot of incoming damage and I need to spread REM quickly? Sorry for all the questions I have spent three days as a healer and got concerned when I saw a 9 percent rank on the fight...

Deleted
    Thanks for the quick response , I feel if I sm to generate more chi i will oom very quickly , I was trying to enter the last phase half mana bar ... all comes down to sm more ? (can't think in other possibility) i not used the expel harm in cd but he also does not...

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rakudah/simple
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...auras&source=9

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but my dps is much lower than my peers. I'm getting pretty frustrated trying to figure it out.