Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Will we convert to Fire in Blackrock Foundry?

Traditionally, Fire overcomes all other speccs with later content added by Blizzard thanks to the insane crit values. Would you say that this will happen with the upcoming sets, their boni and stats all included?

I love Frost, but I'd be willing to learn fire if the difference is as critical (no pun intended) as back in all the other days.

Fire does scale insanely well with crit, but I don't remember either fire or arcane overshadowing frost at any point in MoP. Besides, it's harder to stack stats with the new loot system. I don't expect everyone to switch to fire, but I expect it to be competitive.

Lol, the only time frost was competitive was in early tot. If you were a top parsing fire or arcane Mage in SoO, a high end frost Mage will still not even come close to how much dps you could do so ya frost was overshadowed greatly.
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    Lol, the only time frost was competitive was in early tot. If you were a top parsing fire or arcane Mage in SoO, a high end frost Mage will still not even come close to how much dps you could do so ya frost was overshadowed greatly.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/ranking/e...s/mage/arcane/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/ranking/e...ps/mage/frost/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/ranking/e...dps/mage/fire/

Fair counter to my own point:
    all raidbots parses for SoO
    raidbots top 100 parses for SoO
    Last edited by wregelmann; 2015-01-12 at 08:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Linking normal logs. This just shows that people wjo played frost stayed in normal while players who played arcane/fire did heroic

World of logs NORMAL 10m wtf LOL.
    The top parse is a 45 second parse? You have a lot to learn young Padawan.
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

15+ Year Old Account
    Aside from the "lol, rofl, I'm so cool" post - of course I should have pointed out - HEROIC and MYTHIC. Normal is to be seen as "get gear to raid the real challenges"
    Sooo, Fire eh?

I will be playing Fire/Arcane and switching according to the fight, but mostly fire.

The Patient Mountain Called Monkey's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silfar View Post
    Aside from the "lol, rofl, I'm so cool" post - of course I should have pointed out - HEROIC and MYTHIC. Normal is to be seen as "get gear to raid the real challenges"
    Sooo, Fire eh?
    All Mage specs, barring nerfs, will be viable for BRF content. With that said, the tier set bonuses for Arcane and Fire are much better than the tier set bonus for Frost. I personally feel that Arcane will come out as the top damage with the massive amount of mastery gear in BRF, but will take time to effectively use since BRF is considerably harder than Highmaul. Frost will still most likely be the go to spec before tier sets, with fire replacing frost post tier sets
    There were no screams, there was no time
    The mountain called Monkey had spoken
    It was only fire and then, nothing

10+ Year Old Account
    I've said this too many times but it seems to be the way it goes every time.

Don't worry guys, once fire seems to come out on top it will surely be nerfed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, most people stopped using worldoflogs long ago >> warcraftlogs is where you want to look for relevant information. How can you tell? In 6.0 SoO was converted to Mythic and Mythic Garrosh was killed more than he had ever had been before. Guilds that could barely kill Thok and couldn't get past Blackfuse were able to down Garrosh in a week or two, and everyone was farming/selling the mounts before they were no longer guaranteed drops. And during that magical time, there are a grand total of 12 frost logs, 6 arcane logs, and 14 Fire logs for Mythic Garrosh.

That's not to say that Frost couldn't put up some high parses, but overall Fire and Arcane performed better, because they scaled better with all the gear and 4/4 upgrades.

10+ Year Old Account
    I already am Fire..

Fun > rest excuses

Just throwing this out there but SimC is already using BRF gear in their simulations, only thing is that the tier sets are disabled yet the gear is still used.

Deleted
    We got a bandaid giving us base 15% crit. We might see it be converted back to fit new crit levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Called Monkey View Post
    All Mage specs, barring nerfs, will be viable for BRF content. With that said, the tier set bonuses for Arcane and Fire are much better than the tier set bonus for Frost. I personally feel that Arcane will come out as the top damage with the massive amount of mastery gear in BRF, but will take time to effectively use since BRF is considerably harder than Highmaul. Frost will still most likely be the go to spec before tier sets, with fire replacing frost post tier sets
    just had another look at set bonuses as i'd forgotten

i wonder how they'll effect rotations

with 4p, does it mean 10 ice lance spams will result in better DPS? since you'll be making frostbolt 44% more powerful for 10 seconds after... especially with IV popped at the same time as orb, ice lance spam as long as frozen orb is up could be better overall.

fire 4p does sound pretty powerful though, 4 free pyroblasts pretty much

arcane's just sounds like enhancing normal rotation though.
    Last edited by flinchy; 2015-01-13 at 03:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
    fire 4p does sound pretty powerful though, 4 free pyroblasts pretty much
    More like 2 free pyros, if you account for gcd. 3, maybe, if you cancel cast your fireball.

You know what's useful for a 6.0/6.1 discussion? Talking about completely irrelevant things like 5.0-5.4.

OT: All 3 will be viable for BRF. Fire will need gear to work (as always) and will probably outscale Arcane and Frost by the end of the tier, pulling way ahead in T18, assuming no changes come.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I wouldn't worry about tier 18. Fire will get nerfed for scaling too well like it always does.

15+ Year Old Account
    What really grinds my gears is that as a fire mage you can (sorta, currently) swap from fire to arcane and vice versa. But as a frost with multistrike you're fucked, getting two sets if you want to swap at any point -.-
    That's another reason why I wonder what I might go for - aside from the fact that I ahve NO clue as to the "rotation" or priority (or let's say I would need to read up tons once more just to be viable on a specc I did not touch in years).

I'd love to stay frost if Blizzard would simply keep the balance between speccs (they did an awesome job toward the end of SoO on hunters - at least on Hardmode)

Deleted
    we will be arcane/fire in BRF - arcane single target and fire for cleave/aoe