Deleted

Advice for an up and coming Windwalker monk is requested, please.

Hello.

So I managed to quickly pick up what I call a "poor man's full set" of PvP blues through the Gladiator Sanctum and a couple of Ashran sessions, with a lv660 conquest head piece. Now naturally I am going forward to farm more conquest in Ashran alongside doing the Nemesis quests, so things are on the fun side for the time being.

I would highly appreciate it though if there are any veterans that could give me some tips about hwo to start my way into arena and rated BGs in term of stats, talents, macros, etc... Without delving much into theory crafting. I am not aiming too high for the time being, and I know how to play my monk pretty well in PvE and 1v1 situations with everything key-bound and what not.

Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    Don't play windwalker monk.

Sorry, but it's true.

10+ Year Old Account
    In rbgs you may be OK but in arena the majority vote is BrM or another class
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Deleted
    I am mostly ok with RBGs to be honest, so any direction is still welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    Hello.

So I managed to quickly pick up what I call a "poor man's full set" of PvP blues through the Gladiator Sanctum and a couple of Ashran sessions, with a lv660 conquest head piece. Now naturally I am going forward to farm more conquest in Ashran alongside doing the Nemesis quests, so things are on the fun side for the time being.

I would highly appreciate it though if there are any veterans that could give me some tips about hwo to start my way into arena and rated BGs in term of stats, talents, macros, etc... Without delving much into theory crafting. I am not aiming too high for the time being, and I know how to play my monk pretty well in PvE and 1v1 situations with everything key-bound and what not.

Thanks in advance.
    I think he meant random bgs, not rated bgs. Monks damage.. sustained and burst is bad, as well as their survivability. Currently there are only two ways to play monk in anything "Rated" BrM or MW. If you're looking for casual/low rated play then you'll be fine. Good luck!

Hello.

Thanks in advance.
    Reroll to Warrior/Rogue/Ret pal/DK if you want to melee pvp. WW Monk is awful. There's no if ands or buts about it.

Deleted
    I am mostly ok with RBGs to be honest, so any direction is still welcome.
    If you have guild which runs RBGS and will take you, it's fine. Otherwise, nobody is looking for WW monks for rbgs. At least I haven't seen any WW monk above 1500 rating.

Only melee in RBGs people want are dk TCs, retri paladins, warrior FCs and rogues, rarely ferals.
    Last edited by mmoc70920841bc; 2015-01-19 at 06:13 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Be ready for a wall of negative feedback. Yes there are problems with the class right now but there are a lot of people that got too used to 1v2ing and 1v3ing on their WW with how overpowered they were at the end of MOP. Now those players are mad that they lost a lot of their self sustaining aspects. If it is a class you truly want to play then stick with it. Get used to using your clones right, smart placement with ports, and keeping track of your buffs and debuffs on targets. Get used to using all movement, and not abusing it, leaving yourself without it when you need it most.
    Dedicated Gamer and Writer
    Check out my blog, every read and share really helps out!

http://meanddavid.blogspot.com/
    http://forscent.tumblr.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    This is coming from someone who's mained WW monk for the majority of MoP and WoD; reroll and await buffs.

Not kidding. The spec is half-assed and clunky. The only way you can win in 2v2 is by playing with a priest or more preferably an rdruid. Even then you'll get stomped by all the hunter/healer or dps/rdruid teams. In 3v3 you shouldn't even bother. The only viable comps for 3s are: ww/sp/healer and ww/dk/hpala, both in which the monk can easily be replaced or respec to BrM for much, much better results.

Literally everything you do, some other class can do 10x better.

-Mobility/uptime? Ferals/rogues/paladins can do it better.
    -Sustained damage? Any melee will do MUCH better.
    -Burst? My sub rogue with less gear does higher burst than my WW monk on a shorter CD and much easier to pull off. Ferals and rets will also do 10x more burst than you will.
    -Off-heals/utility? Bar-none. Tiger's Lust is your only real utility and besides that you only have 2 stuns and some snares/roots. My rogue most likely brings more utility in the form of CC than my WW monk does.
    -CC? Paralyze = nerfed, Leg Sweep + FoF = nerfed + FoF is way harder to pull off now. Not only that, a rather large portion of our damage COMES from FoF as well.

Yes, I'm trying to scare you away from this class. Why? Because blizzard has been stomping them into the ground in both PvE and PvP to the point of them being useless in anything but cleave fights.

Re-roll a feral or a rogue for somewhat similar playstyle as WW monk.

Deleted
    WW monks suck at pvp. It's not even regular suckage like enh shaman or destro lock, it's epic suckage. Blizzard is like "we see no major issues with monks in pvp", so yeah, don't waste your time gearing a monk.

I am gonna add a little

- Mobility is good, unfortunately is unrealiable as gap closer, you can use them as escape tools
    - cc, kinda stupid I use paralyze as gap closer or to open FOF or disable, I usually use to CC my off target.
    - Heal is crap even when you burn your TEB for it
    - Defensive, I died like 5 sec after using touch of karma, the only thing you can do is transc, roll, roll, FSK, tiger lust to survive

It's crap spec for PVP

10+ Year Old Account
    To give some more prove how little blizz actually cares about WW monks: Healing Elixirs, a level 75 talent that heals you for 15% of your hp when you hit below 35% hp or whenever you use a brew/tea ability with an 18 second recharge timer is currently bugged. It only heals you for >11%< of your hp rather than the 15% and they still have not fixed it (yes, I reported it as a bug and so has the majority of the monk PvP community most likely).

Meanwhile Yrel's Gift heals for 12% hp over 15 seconds and passively heals while Healing Elixirs requires you to manage it if you want its constant healing every 18 seconds (which is impossible to maintain btw).

So yeah. At least they're adjusting our PvP set bonuses which currently are asbsolute horseshit. They're changing the 2 pc set bonus so that Touch of Karma absorbs 100% of your hp with the 4 pc set bonus being unknown atm. That's about the only positive thing I can say.

As a last note, we have an abundance of mandatory glyphs to make is even somewhat viable. Glyph of Touch of Karma, which adds 20 yards to Touch of Karma should be made baseline but isn't. Glyph of Freedom Roll and Glyph of Reaching Fists or whatever it's called both used to be our set and glove bonus but have been made into glyphs instead.