Mythic Brackenspore help

Normally we can get through most fights with a good amount of attempts and tweak things and move forward. However, Brackenspore and became a brick wall for us. I'm looking to see if anyone out there is having the same issues and what can we do to fix our situation.

We are losing people roughly at the 4 minute mark, which is usually the second blue mushroom spawn. As well we are having deaths randomly during infest, with healing cd's setup.

Here is our logs and i can provide more info as the thread goes on, we are close to 150 attempts into the boss. We have tried 3 tanking, and running more healers to just get through the phases but nothing as of right now is helping.

Flesh eater is dead roughly right when it hits 6 stacks too.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...XHMcZ#fight=21

Any advice and what to change would be great.

We really hit a wall when we first did this boss as well.

At first glance, it looks like there are a lot of deaths from necrotic breath. This should never be hitting anyone in the raid. You don't have to be inside the green circle on the ground, the radius is much larger than this. Get a weak aura and follow that to see if you're getting the benifit or not. The tank could be too close to the dps and breathing on them.

What's your cooldown rotation? Are you making sure people are following it? I'm not really seeing consistency with the cooldown usage. Also, infesting does a lot more when the stacks are higher, so make sure your cooldowns are towards the end of it rather than the first 1-2 stacks.

The interrupt on decay seems to be missed every once in awhile as well. Do you have 2 players rotating interrupts on this?

We have a healing rotation setup, usually it is as followed

Green Tranq smoke bomb or VE
    Blue Barrier VE spirit link totem
    Green Revival + Amp magic (when theres a mage)
    Blue This is pretty much where we wipe, can't recall what we use exactly here.

Most cd's aren't used until 5-6 stacks and we make sure the green doesn't fall off until infest falls off.

Interrupts for the most part are pretty good, once in a while we have a miss and that is clear as day we wipe.

Hope this helps to add more info.

Also how many dps total are you having on spores, everyone but the two interrupters?

10+ Year Old Account
    We got this down with 658 ilvl. Double hunter boom kin on flamethrowers.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/KdBpYZMzHfJ8NFnb

They were entirely responsible for spore shooters, everyone else did the fat add/boss.

Green mushroom should be healed to full only when infesting spores stars and let it die immediately after the Infesting spores debuff drops off.
    Blue mushroom should be 100% priority and receive all external CDs. Tanks don't need them.
    Healers should dps in spare time (no blue, no spores) but with 672ilvl dps check is trivial so shouldn't need to have them do that.

I think we used 1 cd per spores. Revival or tranq or barrier etc.
    Last edited by Raxxed; 2015-01-15 at 10:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Ya we don't have two hunters any more and one of our boomkin was offspec.

Just seems you need more than just three people to dps the spores.

How many stacks of the flame thrower buff were they getting on average??

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    One thing that slowed us down was our flamethrower groups. I doubt many people will say this but I have found there is an art to doing the flamethrowers effectively. They should be very high on your dmg meter.

You had two deaths to call of tides at the start of the fight, we would always say "call" or "Tides" to just make sure people were aware.

There were also a couple of deaths to exploding mushrooms, the explosion is sometimes larger than the mushroom depending on how quickly they sprout up.
    Losing dps early makes it even easier to fall behind on adds.

I'm thinking at 4 minutes is when you get a mind fungus on a blue mushroom. If that mind fungus is not death within 3 seconds of it's spawning you will lose that mushroom and it will cause infesting to be terrible at that point in the fight. I suggest making sure your monk has his touch of death ready at the expected timing of that mind fungus.

To me it looks like perhaps you fell too far behind on spore shooters and got nuked because of it since you were all stacked.
    00:03:43.569 Environment Spore Shot Neutralcat 87158

00:03:48.147 Environment Spore Shot Coldheal Immune

00:03:48.147 Environment Spore Shot Unholyblood 86840

00:03:48.147 Environment Spore Shot Beckitt 89166

00:03:48.147 Environment Spore Shot Fiercehorn 78183

00:03:48.147 Environment Spore Shot Bim 87892

00:03:48.147 Environment Spore Shot Shadyy 78188

00:03:48.147 Environment Spore Shot Zyxst 87783

00:03:48.354 Environment Spore Shot Unholyblood 89110

00:03:48.354 Environment Spore Shot Bojaax 54885

00:03:48.354 Environment Spore Shot Meradith 80408

00:03:48.354 Environment Spore Shot Fiercehorn 77583

00:03:48.354 Environment Spore Shot Bim 88424

00:03:48.354 Environment Spore Shot Shadyy 80634

00:03:48.354 Environment Spore Shot Tokiko 79209

00:03:49.207 Environment Spore Shot Coldheal Immune

00:03:49.208 Environment Spore Shot Beckitt 92220

00:03:49.208 Environment Spore Shot Zyxst 91406

00:03:54.420 Environment Spore Shot Bojaax 62816

00:03:54.420 Environment Spore Shot Meradith 78086

00:03:54.420 Environment Spore Shot Fiercehorn 87373

00:03:54.420 Environment Spore Shot Bim 90784

00:03:54.420 Environment Spore Shot Shadyy 88488

00:03:54.420 Environment Spore Shot Coldheal 88561

00:03:54.420 Environment Spore Shot Tokiko 85971

00:03:57.923 Environment Spore Shot Bojaax 86725

00:03:57.923 Environment Spore Shot Fiercehorn 87926

00:03:57.923 Environment Spore Shot Bim 89290

00:03:57.923 Environment Spore Shot Shadyy 86766

00:03:57.923 Environment Spore Shot Coldheal 87428

There's your problem, that damage was over the course of 10 seconds. There needs to be a hard switch from all dps on those spore shooters. Infesting spores only gets deadly (if you are away from a healing shroom) near the end of the channel so don't be afraid to go off and help interrupt and kill those shooters.

Good luck my friend may Beef always be with you. Probeef aka Brewbeast Area52 us 6/7mythic.

Thank you for this information it should help tonight for sure anything else I'm missing please feel free to add

- - - Updated - - -

Minor improvements today, getting to 40%.

Went with a 3 tank and 4 heal setup

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Kx6GjfkPpg7qzMvt

In 24 attempts you had 34 people hit by call of the tides and 24 hit by exploding mushrooms. People also tickle the spore shooters instead of hitting them like they mean it.

If you lose ppl to dumb stuff you won't get a kill on progress imo. Thats the biggest thing you need to fix.

Your pala also needs to get his shit together. One attempt I checked his death. He used sotr 19 seconds before he died, thats terrible. He also almost never uses DP.
    Last edited by Deja Thoris; 2015-01-16 at 08:56 AM.

Deleted
    Hello there

We killed Brackenspore a fem days ago, and thought I would provide our tactics and what we changed to accomplish the kill.
    First og here is our logs, ift you want https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...9Fxq6#fight=30

We had 3 druids do the flamethrowers, 2 balance and 1 feral. The 2 boomkins took each their own side of the room, and only cleares after Infesting spores. This way they get 15+ stacks, and starfall are almost able to kill spore shooters alone.
    The feral druid had a flamethrower so he could clear moss if the boss enedes to be moved near it.

Whenever we had infesting spores incoming, we had two palas use hand of purity on the 2 tanks, so that rot doesnt kill them.

We also had 6 People's assigned to do the debat interrupt, with 4 of Them switching two and two and the last two was on standby if something Weng wrong, we also always had a rangen do the first interrupt.

Hope this will help you.
    Sorry if any missspellings, writing on an iPad is annoying.

Call of the tides was because we called a wipe, that isn't really an issue.

Occasionally we had a few deaths by the mushrooms.

How do you avoid automatically wiping to this boss when he summons the tidal wave and then casts infesting spores immediately after, with the wave gap far away from the mushroom, and causing it to cross it when infesting is like at 6 stacks? Having the entire raid have to run out of the mushroom radius at this point doesn't seem survivable at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    We got this down with 658 ilvl. Double hunter boom kin on flamethrowers.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/KdBpYZMzHfJ8NFnb

They were entirely responsible for spore shooters, everyone else did the fat add/boss.

Green mushroom should be healed to full only when infesting spores stars and let it die immediately after the Infesting spores debuff drops off.
    Blue mushroom should be 100% priority and receive all external CDs. Tanks don't need them.
    Healers should dps in spare time (no blue, no spores) but with 672ilvl dps check is trivial so shouldn't need to have them do that.

I think we used 1 cd per spores. Revival or tranq or barrier etc.
    Can't believe that you were able to do this at 658 ilvl. Looking at your logs, most people were only doing like 2k dps less than players in my guild on our kill and we were already at 671 avg. ilvl. And still we were only 30 seconds away from the enrage timer. Then again, we don't have any monks in our roster, they seem pretty op on that fight judging that they probably didn't even use the flamethrowers.

On topic:

It took us over 100 attempts to finally kill that boss. Most wipes were due to one of our tanks dying which got much better when defensive cooldowns were assigned. Also used two disc priests which helps a lot in termes of tanks getting 1-2 shot. We used two moonkins (one being myself) for flamethrowers and one hunter for backup, which is pretty optimal, I guess. Both moonkins were close to 50k dps by the time the boss died (which can be much more improved, but keeping up flamethrower stacks also has a lot to do with random events like waves spawn times). Use one additional healing cd during infesting spores (priest bubble, healing tide, tranq..)

The main problem however is that the fight is really unforgiving in terms of individual player mistakes. Just one or two players dying to either the mushrooms or the waves fucks up your damage on the add quite alot and there's not much you can do about it than just don't fail to these mechanics.

The players on flamethrower duty should move out right after infesting spores is over, clear as much moss as possible and be done clearing moss once the sporeshooters spawn.

There are just so many variables in that fight that will wipe you:
    players dying to waves
    players dying to mushrooms
    tanks being one shot if not healed / shielded properly
    people misses a kick on the add

Just keep going, eventually you will get the kill.
    Last edited by mmoc66955844a6; 2015-01-16 at 02:54 PM.

I would recommend 5 healers or 3 tanks or both. Have disc priest assigned to solo heal green mushrooms. For blue, have the disc priest bubble it and assign the shaman to keep it up (their mastery works really good for this). Blue up time is really important.

For infesting: make sure healers are starting their cooldowns at around the 6th-7th stack. We stack at this point too. Try to make it so that mind fungus spawns away from the raid but if it happens to spawn on top of you, just kill it.

The rest is just going to take time getting used to until it's sorta muscle memory: interrupts being hit every time for decay, avoiding waves/exploding mushrooms, spore shooters being dealt with, maximizing flamethrowers, tanks calling out when they need damage reduction cooldowns, etc.

It can be a long, annoying fight. My least favorite in the instance I think. At least it's not as boring as the heroic version.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xequecal View Post
    How do you avoid automatically wiping to this boss when he summons the tidal wave and then casts infesting spores immediately after, with the wave gap far away from the mushroom, and causing it to cross it when infesting is like at 6 stacks? Having the entire raid have to run out of the mushroom radius at this point doesn't seem survivable at all.
    The worst part of this fight is the RNG. It's really stupid.

That situation you described sucks but it is survivable. The raid just needs to be quick. Hunters can Fox to help.

@Cyber - A shameless plug, but I just released my raid guide for Mythic Brackenspore which might give you some useful insights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkJHKF-kbSs

Quote Originally Posted by Kulldam View Post
    @Cyber - A shameless plug, but I just released my raid guide for Mythic Brackenspore which might give you some useful insights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkJHKF-kbSs
    Kulldam thank you i will be sure to check it out any information will help. I know for us getting a few 40% wipes was an improvement but being this far into the fight we should have a kill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aht View Post
    Blue up time is really really important!!! We use 2 Resto shamans and you can use the Holy priest Angel on it when waves comes you can the 2 shamans let stand there and both use Astralshift so they can heal the blue even when others need to move away. When thers no Tank dmg etc. let heal the blue mushroom from all healers this blue thing needs to be more than 40 sec alive.
    Thank you 40sec is a good timing measure I can use.